Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Snowy the Cat R.I.P.

Sorry for your sadness Ricardo. My cat was a lovable cat too but when his time was up more than three years ago ( he was filled with disease ) I had to take him to a vet and stood there with him looking at me while they gave him the needle to stop the suffering. I didn''t want to go through that again so chose not to get another cat. I know loss is loss but I would have preferred my cat to die naturally like Snowy.

I''m truly sorry to read of your loss, Ricardo. Your distress is shared and understood by all who have ever lost a much-adored pet. Our thoughts are with you.

Sad to hear, times a healer though mate.

Before we had kids we had to make a decision on our cat who we were told probably wouldn''t go to the toilet by herself or use either back legs, we were advised to have her put to sleep so we did.

That was about 10 years ago now and it still plays on my mind, wondering how she would have been were we to care for her in that state.

It wasn''t until she was gone that we had people from all around us asking where she was, apparently she used to go visiting about 5 different houses including a nearby mental home where she was star attraction to the patients. We had no idea! sunning herself on the patio outside and rubbing around on their laps.

Even one guy who lived at the back of ours explained that he hated cats, but he had grew attached to her, at the time I felt better knowing that she had such a valued life and people were asking about her whereabouts.

Likewise, I hope it helps you somewhat reading these messages, we all knew he was the brains in the relationship, so good luck on your next writings! ...you''ll need it ;)

My condolences, Ricardo.

He might have sensed something was wrong and went to a place close to his family, that''s poignant and quite a compliment from such an independent animal.

Really sad news Ricardo, my deepest sympathy''s. Going to miss hearing Snowy''s view on all things NCFC. I dread the day I will inevitably come home and find that my own cats life has come to an end. 8 Years is far too young. All the best.

Dear Ricardo.

Just rejoined the forum to pass on my sympathies for your loss.

I too lost my precious little cat Buddy 3 weeks ago. He was only 6 1/2 & I arrived home to find him collapsed on the floor. It turned out he had a blood clot & he was in such a poor way that I had to let him go.

I still can''t eat & I can''t sleep, so my thoughts are with you.

We can only find solace in the fact that while Snowy & Buddy were on this earth, we tried to give them as much love as they gave to us.

The world is a sadder place but at least our lives were made brighter for a short time.

As the saying goes, "It is better to have loved & lost than to have never loved at all"

God Bless & take care mate

Andy

Very very sorry to hear about Snowy, Ricardo. He was such a feature on matchdays and will be much missed. Having lost five cats myself, I know how devastating that can be, especially at only 10 years old. RIP Snowy.

Having lost several Cats over the years I know just what your going through. Three years ago yesterday we had to make the gut wrenching decision to have our almost human 7 year old tabby who had heart trouble put to sleep. Even though we have lost others over the years this one was particularly painful as we had managed to keep him alive by injecting him with a blood thinning drug and giving him tablets for 6 months until his heart finally got to the stage where it wasn''t functioning very well anymore. My wife didn''t stop crying for three days after we lost him and having had him cremated I myself broke down when I went and collected his ashes from the pet crematorium.Time is a healer but I''d say it took us 6 months to properly get over our loss and even now I look at the casket containing his ashes and it brings a lump to my throat.RIP Snowy.

Not too fussed about pets, but I''m actually really gutted for you Ricardo. It won''t be the same without your references to Snowy and his general moods on different days.. Hopefully the result today was one of his many gifts to you and you feel at least a little less grief due to it.R.I.P Snowy, you''ll be missed by people you never even met

R.I.P Renskay''s cat too