Sign in to follow this  
Jonzey

I''m a massive Dr Who fan with an unhealthy obsession of River Song.

[img]http://www.hdwpapers.com/thumbs/river_song_alex_kingston_closeup_wallpaper-t2.jpg[/img]

[quote user="Satoshi Nakamoto"][quote user="morty"]The Avatar is a photo of a tee shirt I own.My username is one I use on several forums I am on. It started back in the olden days of the MSN chatrooms where I was first known as "Sultan of Ping" after a band I like, but soon tired of people asking me if I was a Dire Straits fan (the connection being their song "The sultans of swing) so a change was needed. The drummer of the Sultans of Ping is morty mccarthy, so that was adopted, and eventually shortened to morty.People have met me and been actually disappointed that my actual name isn''t morty.[/quote]Sultans of Ping!  Where''s me Jumper?And where did the last 20 years go?[/quote]I still listen to the two albums (are they still called that?) and numerous CD singles I own.Saw them at the waterfront too. Mental.

[quote user="Jimbo Canary"]

I''m a massive Dr Who fan with an unhealthy obsession of River Song.

[img]http://www.hdwpapers.com/thumbs/river_song_alex_kingston_closeup_wallpaper-t2.jpg[/img]

[/quote]Ditto, and she is gorgeous.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Satoshi Nakamoto"][quote user="morty"]The Avatar is a photo of a tee shirt I own.

My username is one I use on several forums I am on. It started back in the olden days of the MSN chatrooms where I was first known as "Sultan of Ping" after a band I like, but soon tired of people asking me if I was a Dire Straits fan (the connection being their song "The sultans of swing) so a change was needed. The drummer of the Sultans of Ping is morty mccarthy, so that was adopted, and eventually shortened to morty.

People have met me and been actually disappointed that my actual name isn''t morty.
[/quote]

Sultans of Ping!  Where''s me Jumper?

And where did the last 20 years go?
[/quote]

I still listen to the two albums (are they still called that?) and numerous CD singles I own.

Saw them at the waterfront too. Mental.
[/quote]

I think ''Where''s me Jumper'' is the theme tune to  Moone Boy on SKY1.

20 years in 1 Royal Anglian Regt, the red and yellow represents the Minden Flashes we wore and Hagar is because we are known as the Vikings.

Simple really, I am the original 1st wizard from 2003, but I changed it to Wiz because thats what they/you call me (amongst other names!)

I''ve had a few new registrations since then...........but its still me.

Used to be Clipped Canary as I felt like we had our wings clipped when we dropped to League 1, and changed it to Unhinged after we began soaring the leagues. Plus it''s a bit mental innit! [:)]Avatar is a picture of a man with a grenade for a head holding the pin. Changed it to that when I was having some ''head issues'' over the past couple of years. Probably due a new one.....

those of you who like Alex Kingston who plays River Song, watch the TV version of  Moll Flanders...

I await your thanks...

When Doomcaster was at the club, i thought he would make a great replacement for Where''s Wally. As i don''t post a great deal, never felt the need to change it as he''s still a Wally.

My Churchill avatar is down to City 1st, who compared one of my posts...err...ok...one of my monologues.....to the great man.   Found a picture that was suitable and it has stuck. The V is for victory, in case anyone thought otherwise.... [;)]

Mines just a pic of Michael Turner after he scored against Aston Villa away last season.The game finished 1-1.[:)]

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]I really like this thread, sorry to anyone iv annoyed by bumping it. Perhaps it could be extended to what peoples username means as well?[/quote]

Well, my surname is Jones so my nickname is quite original; Jonesy.

However, it is quite a popular (not common) nickname, so I use a Z instead of a S. The miss-spelling on here is in memory of a Chinese girlfriend I once had who couldn''t pronounce Jonesy properly, and instead called me ''Jon-sey''.

Mine was made for me by a clever City fan...........it depicts the first wizard from the ''sword of truth'' saga.