Sign in to follow this  
ROBFLECK

Is your father a City fan???

My father supports Brentford because he''s from West London... My grandma supported City, she got me the tickets for my first game, back in september 1987.

Which of you posters, has a family entirely devoted to NCFC? Respect!!!

My Old Man''s a Welshman who''s more interested in rugby, but he had a thing about Nott''s Forest under Clough - so that was my port of call. Until I went to Carra when I was about 11. That was it then. If I make babies they''ll have no say in it whatsoever.!

My dad was a West Ham supporter when he was alive as he was born near there, my mum supported Arsenal.  But when we moved to Norfolk the whole family started going to Norwich games, as it was important to them that we support a local team.  Been hooked ever since.

Yup. Dad a City fan. His Mum was a Gooner because she was from North London but wanted her son to support his local team as they were here not her local team from when she was growing up.

Aye, and proudly so.

Still regales in the fact that, when he once shouted at Ted McDougall to "run for a change", MacDougall ambled over to where he was, looked him in the eye, and told him to something off!

Happy days!

No, he''s not a footy fan.I first started watching in the early 90''s when I cam to this area with work.I told my kids that they would be city fans, I pay for their season tickets so seems only fair! I also told them if they thought about supporting Ipswich then they could find somewhere else to live.

My old man said be an Ipswich fan... but luckily my grandad on my mums side took me to my first game and that was to Norwich!  To be fair my dad use to go and watch both City and Town when he was a kid, but would have probably taken me to Ipswich for my first game.  Now he comes to the odd evening City match when my grandad can''t make it and never goes to Poorman Road, so guess I won him over after all these years!

My Dad told me i would sleep in the shed if i supported anyone else.

God knows what would have happened if the unbelievable happened...no doubt i would have been put up for adoption...

His Dad (God bless him ) was a AFC Bournemouth fan originally from there....

the only person in my family (apart from me, and hopefully my youngest brother :D) who likes Football, is my Grandad (to some extent my Grandma, she follows results, but isn''t particually bothers), and he started supporting Eastbourne and Brighton, then has ''followed'' the team closest to where he has lived, Southampton, Chelsea and for the last 20 years Norwich.....

My Father is as was his Father before him & all his side of the family are. Mum however is an Ipswich fan as was her Father before her, although he was born in Kings Lynn so was a Norfolk boy, goes back to having something to do with Norwich letting him down on a bet or the pools or something. I have four Daughters three of which are City fans & the other yes you guessed it Ipswich, I have tried & tried but I guess thats her calling, she follows them quite passionatly & it makes for great derby days in our house!!!!

My dad and several generations previously were born and raised within walking distance from Carrow Road. Dad moved to London for work reasons and took me to see my first game in 1994. That was it.

Mum, grandad and uncle are all city fans on one side of the family. Brother, Dad and uncle on the other side of the family are Wolves fans........strange divide I know.

My dad started going in the late 50s, when he would have been 10 or 11 years old, with his mates, when we were a proper third tier team, I guess around the same time as Arrdee and YankeeCanary.  Dads'' brothers were on the books for Norwich at the time as reserves, and one of them was the reserve team keeper.  Anyway, my uncle had an offer to go to West Brom, but chose to stay here, and could never get a look in because the boss had bought a keeper for £5,000 I think it was, and had to justify the transfer fee.  Dad got to watch his brother play in goal for the England Under 18s at Peterborough, which must have been extremely cool at the time.I started going to games with Dad when I was 8, I can''t swear to it but I believe my first game was the 5-3 loss to Liverpool, with Fashanu scoring that goal.  We also went to the Milk Cup final, I have an abiding memory of a very drunk maccam kissing me on the hand (I was 12 then), with me covered in yellow and green, before that game, and in a pub in London afterwards, locals holding their breath as we walked in with Norwich shirts to a room with Sunderland supporters in it, only for the Sunderland fans at the bar to ask us we could "send us a turkey", cue relief and laughter from around the bar. We went to various away matches, mainly watching at ground level in the dungeon / away area at Ipswich, where we saw a lot of scrapes on the way to and from the ground but were thankfully never involved.Sadly, my dad died last year, and his brother has passed away too.  Dads last game was the 2-1 win against Doncaster Rovers at home - such a dire game, but I remember the relief when we scored, a proper celebration.  Without the family members in the team in the 50s, and my dads'' enthusiasm when we were in the river end in the 80s, my boy would more than likely be an Arsenal fan.  At least now I have half a chance to convince him to try "The yellow team", as he likes to call them.

My Dad is A chelsea fan and is married to a Scummer

My 95 yr old Grandad is a Man.Utd fan since the mid 20''s

My Mum''s side is all Yellow though!![:D]

My whole family are massive City fans. I think if hadn''t grown up supporting City I would have been disowned. Luckily I loved (almost apart from the odd stuffing) every minute of it.

my granfather died a while back now , but he was 93 and still went to every home game . he knew a few players in the 50s and 60s . when i was younger i lived not far from clive woods, and had good friends who played for them in the past like chris sutton (i worked with his sister racheal) . a very good friend of mine played for norwich a few years ago but never broke into the first team due to injury . i always remember my grandfather leaving every game early to avoid the rush and was always surprised the score was different when he got home.!!!

Granddad on my mother''s side was a season ticket holder up until the early 90''s. Father''s side were all from south of the border, and in fact my nan used to run a pub in Ipswich where the team used to drink along with a certain Sir Bobby. Luckily for me though I was born and raised on the right side of the border. And even though I live in London now, the son will have no choice but to wear green and yellow.

My dad is not really a football fan but his local team was QPR, luckily my Grandad on my mums side gave me my first taste of football at Carrow Road in the late 80''s - he is Norfolk born and bred and was a regular down at The Nest and Carrow Road, even at 92 years young he still follows City, although he is not able to get to games nowadays and has a rather cynical outlook at times!!! [:)] My mum and sister are also City fans.

Nope! My old man is a Saints fan so we have both consoled each other both times that we went down together!!

He used to take me to watch the saints against us when I was younger and I am not fully sure why (and very very very much to my dads annoyance!) but I loved the yellow and green army and one day I turned and said I am going to support the canaries. If I was a bit older I am sure I would have had a long walk home down the A34!!

Most of my family are norwich, apart from one chelsea and one scum, even my mum whos from manchester is norwich!

My dad had no interest in Football until at the age of 6 I pestered him to take me to a football match. With NCFC being our local team we went there, both are now full-on Norwich fans. Even got my sister as well but my mum never really took to football unfortunatley.

My dad is an Exeter fan as his whole side of the family, obviously coming from Devon.However I grew up in Norfolk and was given the choice of my local side or Exeter basically so I chose Norwich and my dad used to take me.