Sign in to follow this  
Posh Yella

Stephen Elliott....

Bit strange and random for them to come out with this. If true, then he better be better than our last purchase from PNE.

It wouldn''t be too much of a surprise to see a loan or two arrive to bolster the squad, just hope they are good enough to be fighting for a place in the team rather than looking crap like most of the loans that came along this time last season.

I don''t know a great deal about Elliott but perhaps a replacement for Cureton would be handy enough, has pedigree playing in some decent sides. Certainly PNE are happy enough for him to go out on loan, per the Lancashire Evening News.

Really? Bit of uninspiring signing imo. Then again I said that about Oli Johnson. That was an error on my part....

Surely if we are getting a forward on loan it would be a target man that can cover (or try to) for Holt? I know Jamie Lad has gone but we still have got Oli and Cody doing a good enough job from the bench and then still got youngsters that can do a job if required

If true; trust the manager. Jury still out on Rose but his other acquisitions have been ok.

Excuse me for seeming a bit slow here but when does the loan window close? I thought it closed on Sunday. 

Good Player if he remains fit, but sadly thats where his problems were prior to his spell at wolves and during

cost us 1m, preston saw glimses of the player he was but he never really pushed on

stepping down a league could be what he needs, if he regains form and confidence you could have a solid championship striker on your hands

[quote user="Butterbean_Canary"]Surely if we are getting a forward on loan it would be a target man that can cover (or try to) for Holt? I know Jamie Lad has gone but we still have got Oli and Cody doing a good enough job from the bench and then still got youngsters that can do a job if required[/quote]Elliot wouldn''t fit that bill, at least according to the link wot Wiz posted, as he''s described as "Only a small lad who doesn''t suit hoofball" by one of the posters...

No but what is is that Leeds have signed Dickov. Is he going to displace their current strikers? Is he better than Cody or Oli? Nope, and until the end of the season?He was never exactly a prolific goalscorer and I don''t think he is likely to be one now. Would have Stephen Elliott over him anyday.

[quote user="chicken"]No but what is is that Leeds have signed Dickov. Is he going to displace their current strikers? Is he better than Cody or Oli? Nope, and until the end of the season?He was never exactly a prolific goalscorer and I don''t think he is likely to be one now. Would have Stephen Elliott over him anyday.[/quote]That screams desperation on Leeds part.

My colleague who''s a big PNE fan says he''s basically an average Championship Striker. Not a target man, and not super quick, just an alrounder on the fringes of the PNE team. Can we have Chris Brown back instead? 

Quote from Pink ''Un: ''52 appearances, scoring eight goals''. Why on earth do we need a player who takes in excess of 6 games to score a single goal?

I know Holt could get injured (or banned!) but this guy sounds like another ''Scoring Prevention Officer'' to me!

PS: The first being the bloke we sold to PNE who ran around never scoring. Oh and then there was Peter Thorne too...

Don''t set me off!

[quote user="First Wizard"]In Lambert I always trust.............so should you![/quote]Or at least until you change your mind again...

[quote user="Brundall Canary"]Quote from Pink ''Un: ''52 appearances, scoring eight goals''. Why on earth do we need a player who takes in excess of 6 games to score a single goal?

I know Holt could get injured (or banned!) but this guy sounds like another ''Scoring Prevention Officer'' to me!

PS: The first being the bloke we sold to PNE who ran around never scoring. Oh and then there was Peter Thorne too...

Don''t set me off![/quote]Chris Brown who''s scoring pretty freely in a league above us you mean? Sorry if it will "set you off", but I''m not going to judge this guy before I''ve seen him turn out for us. After all, Oli Johnson had scored next to no goals when he joined us.

Stephen Elliott

Turned 26 on the 8th January 2010

5'' 9" tall

League stats

09 - 10  PNE                       3+6          1 goal  - Championship

08 - 09  PNE                     23+15        6 goals - Championship

07 - 08 Wolves                  18+11        4 goals

06 - 07 Sunderland             15+9         5 goals  

05 - 06 Sunderland             11+4         2 goals - prem??

04 - 05 Sunderland            29+13       15 goals - Championship - promotion winning season 

03 - 04 Man City                   +2           0 goals

Cost Sunderland £125k (tribunial?)

Rumoured to have cost Wolves  £750k.

A very strange signing in my opinion... hopefully Lambert knows something that I don''t and it is just a temporary measure until the end of the season (with no plans to make the move permanent during the summer).He is only 5''9" so no back up for Holty if he is to miss a few more games between now and the end of the season.  As far as I know he is also not blessed with bags of pace and could only be described as an average Championship striker at best with approx a one goal in 4 or 5 games ratio.Am set to be proved wrong as I have been a few times this season, but I for one am not overwhelmed with this signing.  It makes me wonder even more why we were not tabling a bid for the likes of Barnard and Puncheon.

[quote user="Smudger"]hopefully Lambert knows something that I don''t[/quote]Well, I feel sure that could be the case smudger. [:S]