Sign in to follow this  
Posh Yella

Stephen Elliott....

Let''s all put this into perspective. Elliott has been described as an average championship striker. Well, we are in Div 1 and I would swap this for being an average champioship side. I welcome the signing.

Well said Oxford, from reading the many many veiws on the boy Elliot, he may just need that confidence hug that Mr Lambert has up his sleeve and just like Wiz has said in Lambert I too trust, in my view not a foot been put wrong.

Call me old fashioned, but I''ll probably wait and make my mind up after I''ve seen him play for us, unlike some on this thread.

I thought he looked good when he came on today and made some good runs.  I would like to see him play up front with Hoolahan providing the passes to match his movement.  First impression is that he has a lot to offer and looks as though he has goals in him.

[quote user="silver fox"]I thought he looked good when he came on today and made some good runs.  I would like to see him play up front with Hoolahan providing the passes to match his movement.  First impression is that he has a lot to offer and looks as though he has goals in him.[/quote]

First impression.......he`s quite small and he ran around a lot for 10 minutes.......watch this space!

[quote user="FatboySlimfast"]First impression..........another masterstroke by Lambert. Elliott signs, Wes, Holt & Martin all score!
[/quote]

Well thats one interpretation of  todays events!

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]

[quote user="silver fox"]I thought he looked good when he came on today and made some good runs.  I would like to see him play up front with Hoolahan providing the passes to match his movement.  First impression is that he has a lot to offer and looks as though he has goals in him.[/quote]

First impression.......he`s quite small and he ran around a lot for 10 minutes.......watch this space!

[/quote]That sounds familiar...?

Jamie Cureton?

[quote user="Brundall Canary"]Quote from Pink ''Un: ''52 appearances, scoring eight goals''. Why on earth do we need a player who takes in excess of 6 games to score a single goal? I know Holt could get injured (or banned!) but this guy sounds like another ''Scoring Prevention Officer'' to me! PS: The first being the bloke we sold to PNE who ran around never scoring. Oh and then there was Peter Thorne too... Don''t set me off![/quote]

Question answered?

[quote user="Smudger"]A very strange signing in my opinion... hopefully Lambert knows something that I don''t and it is just a temporary measure until the end of the season (with no plans to make the move permanent during the summer).

He is only 5''9" so no back up for Holty if he is to miss a few more games between now and the end of the season.  As far as I know he is also not blessed with bags of pace and could only be described as an average Championship striker at best with approx a one goal in 4 or 5 games ratio.

Am set to be proved wrong as I have been a few times this season, but I for one am not overwhelmed with this signing.  It makes me wonder even more why we were not tabling a bid for the likes of Barnard and Puncheon.
[/quote]

Mmmmm!

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]Wasn''t it Kevin Cooper?[/quote]

Maybe?! i obviously dont remember it that well do i!

[/quote]Go to PNE Online, they''re wetting themselves that they''ve conned us............again:

http://www.pne-online.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50218

All I know about him is his stats, and they''re not very good! but I trust Lambert, so only time will tell.

[/quote]I wonder what they are currently thinking?

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="Smudger"]A very strange signing in my opinion... hopefully Lambert knows something that I don''t and it is just a temporary measure until the end of the season (with no plans to make the move permanent during the summer).

He is only 5''9" so no back up for Holty if he is to miss a few more games between now and the end of the season.  As far as I know he is also not blessed with bags of pace and could only be described as an average Championship striker at best with approx a one goal in 4 or 5 games ratio.

Am set to be proved wrong as I have been a few times this season, but I for one am not overwhelmed with this signing.  It makes me wonder even more why we were not tabling a bid for the likes of Barnard and Puncheon.
[/quote]

Mmmmm!

[/quote]

Lol...

[quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"][quote user="thefutureisyellow"]

[/quote]That sounds familiar...?

Jamie Cureton?[/quote]Based on recent evidence, he seems precisely that type of player.

Humble Pie time!

I was sitting on my computer chair when Elliott scored and did about six 360''s punching the air. Went to make a cup of tea & he scored again.

He looked a nippy little player at Carrow Road; moves a bit like Darren Eadie used to? Compliment indeed.

A player who can latch onto Hoolahan''s through balls with pace IS a terrific acquisition - well done Lambo!

(That''s why he''s the Manager of NCFC and I am not!).

Is that enough Humble Pie?

OTBC!

Wasn''t sure about the signing at the time. More than happy to eat my words. Well done Lambo and co!