Sign in to follow this  
Badger Pie

What other teams results do you look out for and why?

I have some standard ones and some quite obscure:

Ipswich - With the hope that they have lost.....badly

Gretna - They used to have a striker called Hore which I found mildly amusing. They then had a meteoric rise and equally disastrous fall from grace

King''s Lynn & Lowestoft Town - Local representatives of different leagues

Spurs - Everyone I''ve ever disliked seems to support them, therefore I dislike Spurs (easy formula really)

Everton - My new favourite premiership team - play the game with passion and integrity

Palace - Too many bad memories of Selhurst Park not to hate them (plus the Neil Warnock factor)

Anyone have anything else to add??

Ipswich - Here''s to hoping they got stuffed

Colchester - For mild laughter

Derby - For wicked laughter!

IPSWICH , for obvious reasons (plus.. nothing better than hearing the cheer of carra p.a when they lose..)

ASTON VILLA ,my dads team, and i was almost brainwashed into supporting them as a kid til i found norwich.

SPURS,have a soft spot for some reason

KIDDERMINSTER HARRIERS, my hometown team, til i moved to norwich.

thats about it i think...

Linnets - Norfolk team climbing the ladderHibs & East Fife - I only recently found out why my dad (and hence I) follow these two teams. Apparently Dad was looking to follow a Scotttish team when he was a lad and picked these two because he knew they played in strips similar to his village team (Dersingham).

Tamworth, Redditch, Walsall because I played for them in the early 60''s untill going into the forces when I was lucky enought to be selected to play for the army versus navy in nato cup final at Wembley 1973.

Lots actually, but my main ones are.......

Liverpool, they are my better half''s second team and two of my daughters team too, behind NCFC of course.

Wet Sham, my mum''s football team when she was alive, bless her.

Arsenal, my uncle has a box there and my cousin was there at the academy as a goalie for 2 years before a bad leg break which cost him his career.

Ipswich - hoping they''ve lost like everyone else

Gretna - got a Gretna shirt but it doesn''t look like they''ll be to many more results to look for [:(]

Darlington - Used to have a chairman called George Reynold who used to be a safe cracker

King''s Lynn - local non league club, good to see them doing well

Anyone around Norwich in the table...

Blackpool (lived there for a while) and Wolves (most of my family support them, so always hope they slip up).

Hull City - Used to have loads of their kits when I was a kid as mum''s side of the family are from that way. How I used to take the p*** out of them!!

Cambridge - Local interest. Used to watch them when Norwich were away (when Dion played!)

West Ham - a mate plays for them

Ipswich - to see if they lost.

Newcastle/Sunderland - All of my dad''s side of the family are from up there, they have split loyalties. I look out for these two less then the others

Brighton - Went to uni there, would like to see them do well.

Kings Lynn - cos they are local

Colchester - Like to see them do well cos they hate Ipswich

And any club that recently takes one of our players on loan or bought (like to see how they fair somewhere else)

Ipswich - obviusly

Kings Lynn - local, glad they got promoted

Palace, Brighton & Brentford (friends teams)

....and whoever is lucky enough to be part of my accumulator bet that weekend [;)]

Ipswich - naturallyLuton - I used to live thereYeovil - A good friend of mine supports themLiverpool - Always liked them

Green Bay Packers - uniform colors help, but I''ve always been a fan of the little team                             

Tennesee Titans - I hate their illiterate QB whom everyone thinks is a god even though he''s a selfish glory hog moron, so I like to see them lose, or at least check to see how crappy his stats are for the game if they did manage to win

Newcastle Utd. - my buddy in Calgary is a big fan of theirs since that is where his parents are from

North Shore Mustangs - the running back was in my 1st Pd class, and he was a very nice young man

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

Green Bay Packers - uniform colors help, but I''ve always been a fan of the little team                             

Tennesee Titans - I hate their illiterate QB whom everyone thinks is a god even though he''s a selfish glory hog moron, so I like to see them lose, or at least check to see how crappy his stats are for the game if they did manage to win

Newcastle Utd. - my buddy in Calgary is a big fan of theirs since that is where his parents are from

North Shore Mustangs - the running back was in my 1st Pd class, and he was a very nice young man

[/quote]well if NFL is included.....Chicago Bears! Packers SUCK![:D]

oh and Vice Young is god!! I have his Rose Bowl jersey framed along my Urlacher and Payton jerseys!! [quote user="Houston Canary"]

[/quote]

I look for the results of Forfar and Gillingham as I have relations living in Gillingham and have watched them play a few times. As for Forfar I''ve never seen them but have watched for their results for years''. 

Ipswich for obvious reasons

Motherwell because they were our team in Scotland

This coming season, Hull and Stoke because I very much want them to be destroyed

St Mirren are my Scottish team because when I first started going to Carrow Road in the mid-60s Tommy Bryceland was one of my favourite players and he came from there.  He went back and managed them afterwards.  Also for obvious reasons I had to find a Scottish team that doesn''t play in blue and white [+o(]

They''re building a new stadium (Love Street is no more) and I''m up there on holiday next week so I might go and take a look. 

Ipswich (team down the road that I hope to se lose and finish well below us each year - although I still do like them in the same league as us) and Leicester (most local team to where I grew up... used to have fun ribbing their fans at school when Norwich were good in the 80''s which backfired on me big-time once).

Leeds - went university there and have been to a few of their games

Dundee Utd - Mum''s side of the family is Scottish and were Dundee Utd followers... only been to Tanadice the once

West Ham - Favourite Premiership Team... Greeno, Bellamy & Ashton

Man City - used to know a few of their fans when I lived in Manchester

Chelsea - One of my best mates has ben a fan of theirs since when they were crap

Wycombe Wanderers - Local team to where my brother was born in Amersham

Watford - Always liked them and a great guy who I used to know at work used to support them.

Lowestoft Town, Kings Lynn and VS Rugby... for non-league teams

Everton - My best mate when I was a kid was Everton mad so I had it drilled into me, Dave Watson is also something of a hero to me.

Leeds United - Always liked them, used to have posters of Rod Wallace, Gary Speed and Lee Chapman on my wall.  Not so keen any more, not really them just cant stand Ken Bates...

Boston United - Used to be the team I always managed on Championship Manager.  Shame about the problems they are having.

Carlisle - Played them a couple of times in recent seasons.  Some of the nicest fans I have ever met, like to see them do well.

Absolutely hate Spurs, the binners, and Nottingham Forest.