Sign in to follow this  
Hartsons Gut

Who wants Martin to start?

why all this fuss over him?

ok he scored goals for the "yoof team".. so did Ade Akinbiyi...

Start him off the bench.. see how good eh is.. then we shall see if he starts

jas :)

Has anyone actually seen him play?. Maybe he scores goals because the youth team have a good midfield unlike the 1st team

i saw him against lynn in careys testimonial, he played just behind thorne and jarvis, and ran the 2nd half. i know it was only lynn but he certainly looked like he had potential, but then he was being compared to thorne and jarvis!!

[quote user="Hump"]Has anyone actually seen him play?. Maybe he scores goals because the youth team have a good midfield unlike the 1st team[/quote] hump you were ask if martin should start  and i say yes start him looked good when i have watched him with reserves played great against luton

Yes let play him so some people can disect his few minutes on pitch and explain why he is not good enough and why he will end up playing Sunday League.

Yes seen him play loads, has scored goals when playing in a midfield role as well.  He really should have a go no more of  a risk than playing Thorne, Jarvis etc.

Give the lad a go new front pairing of brown and martin who knows they might just click must leave hucks on left and i would really like to see dion back instead of the doc doesnt panic like doc does.

I''d be well tempted to start him up front with Brown. It''s fresh and new, no baggage from the nightmare games of this season, just what the club needs right now!

If he (Martin) is going to be given a chance to shine, give him a real go and let him play the next three/four games (barring injury)

A one-off game here and there is exactly why Jarvis and Henderson have stalled at being potential rather than actual footballers.

Same idea with Eagle, Rossi Jarvis, Spillane and any other youth/reserve players that are of an age and class to be pushing into the first team.

We''re almost certainly not going to be up there near the play-off spots, so lets at least get some positives out of a rather wretched season by blooding promising youngsters. 

Thoughts?

I love your signature fact nutty - can you elaborate on when and which the clubs it was for?It''s some achievement. Better even than Tony Cottee''s of being the only player ever to play at all 3 levels of professional football in one season (2000/2001).  They were:Leicester (prem), Norwich (d1), Barnet (d3) and Millwall (d2). p.s. Back to topic - start Martin, give him an hour plus, then give WLY a go from the bench.

This is the team i wud like to see 2morro at burnley

Marshall

collin                                  dublin                                  shack                         drury

croft                                     safri                                     etuhu                          hucks

martains                                                    brown

Yes definitely, nothing to lose now, theres no way were goin down so lets go for it, Brown and Martin/McVeigh/Jarvis up front and Dublin in defence, and without doubt Marshall has got to start, altho im willing to bet my house that he is anyway, being as tho he''s been given the number 1 shirt and he''s only here on loan, and Gallaghers pretty much dropped himself after last weeks calamity.

[quote user="Saint Canary"]Yes let play him so some people can disect his few minutes on pitch and explain why he is not good enough and why he will end up playing Sunday League.[/quote]

Precisely. I think he should play, but for the love of god lets not boo him, or slate him if he plays badly?

I would love to see him start up front but alongside Dion. I think Martin should be given a chance and a prolonged chance to play, not just a fleeting appearance and then dropped again when Shackell is fit - that won''t help his confidence. I think Dion will help him a lot if they play up front together with his leadership skills and experience where as having Martin and Brown together would be a big gamble in my opinion as Brown is so new to the club. Whatever happens - Martin can''t do any worse than Paul McVeigh!!

Yes.I''m in the Martin & Brown, with DD at the back camp (I don''t mean DD is camp!).We''ve been too cautious for too long with too many young prospects. Gee him up and send him out with our blessings. Give him the whole game - unless he gets knackered - and let him know he won''t get subbed early.At least it''s easier to make a debut away from Carrow Road these days!