Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

I believe we HAVE sold Earnshaw!.

Its Ashton all over again, it even smells the same!.

Now it seems he''s rated ''very doubtful'' for the Southampton game (no shots on target then!) well pull the other one. I believe a deals been done somewhere with someone, and we''ve been told to hold him back as part of said deal.

Now you will no doubt say that I''m being paranoid here, but be honest, is anyone else feeling slightly paranoid too?.

Hasn''t Earnshaw just bought a house just outside Norwich ?Didn''t he just give an interview to the very paper hosting this service, saying that he was happy here and wanted to stay ?Talented players get injured too.

Ive never spoken to you wiz, but saying that, ive not agreed to may of your posts.

Unfortunately, i am, in a way, in this case. I do feel slightly paranoid that he''s off somewhere. Think about it, if he can be the second top scorer for a 15th place championship team where he rarely gets service, just think how many he could score with a half decent midfield behind him!

Blimey..

Hogesar

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Now it seems he''s rated ''very doubtful'' for the Southampton game (no shots on target then!) well pull the other one. I believe a deals been done somewhere with someone, and we''ve been told to hold him back as part of said deal.

Now you will no doubt say that I''m being paranoid here, but be honest, is anyone else feeling slightly paranoid too?.

[/quote]Why would he not play now? If he was being sold he would need to be fit, particularly if he was going to a team in the bottom of the table. Me thinks you are stirring it!

Yes you''re right Wiz...... you are being paranoid here.

You are setting yourself up for egg on the face time again. Are you saying that he won''t play for us again? If so you will look an even bigger nana when he turns out against Wolves or Southend.

I think its coincidental. I know for a fact he was at Carrow Road having a fitness test about 1pm on Saturday. If we had sold him and the injury was a cover, why go through the charade of a fitness test prior to the gates opening? It seems a very elaborate smoke screen.

Nope.Remember Ashton was only pulled from the FA Cup game (if that is what happened - the club still deny any shennanigans about that), I don''t know any club tha would agree to ''holding back'' a player for such a long time prior to a possible deal.Has Neil Doncaster been giving you lessons in spin, Wiz (or should that be Whizz? [:)])?

[/quote]

Thank God for this Wiz....it was all getting a bit too light-hearted for me on here..........[;)]

Deja vous you reckon then? Surely they wouldn''t dare pull that old trick on us again would they? If they do I certainly won''t be renewing my season ticket!......again!.........

It''s similar in as much as he''s our best player and is injured just before the transfer window opens but I don''t think so.

He''s been making all the right noises recently. Seems happy while playing, but saying all that it wouldn''t surprise me.

Your a wind-up merchant, so I want to say no, but yes I could see it happening if enough money offered (up front). £5 million for Grant, would he say no? I know good strikers are difficult to come by but would you reject a premiership move if you had no emotional ties to a club? Player power alone could make it happen. Hopefully I''m just being silly but you can never say never in this crazy football world.

p.s. Did the fan who turn up at Colney for trial go to the game on Sat? If he did no wonder he thought he was worth one!

Hope not Wiz! After what happened last season it''s not difficult to come to the conclusion that you just have. Many people will have thought it even if they didn''t post it!

Was slightly different last year though when Ashton was "pulled" for the FA Cup tie so I''m gonna stay gullible for now! [;)]

I understand where your coming from, but I don''t agree.  There is no real reason for us not to play Earnie if we have agreed a deal because surely the buying club would want him fully match fit.  That said if this was the fa cup time I would probably be thinking the way you are.  I can only hope the board do not cash in on Earnshaw come the new year because I honestly don''t know who we could replace him with.

That is quite far fetched. We would have said something to try and spark a bidding war if we had an offer good enough to sell him.injuries happen.by the way your not paranoid - we are all out to get you.

[/quote]

Wiz , you are the lovely old boy that we all know and love , of course you are paranoid , you have lost noo-noo and there is no trace of him , try and think where you had him last , my grandson Nathan (nearly 3 ) lost noo-noo , but think of this Wiz not only noo- noo he lost new noo- noo- as well ,lets hope that diaster never befalls you , if it does we are in for a torrid time on this board .

On the basis that you have said a number of times you want the club to get rid of half our squad, i guess by your logic that deals have also been done for Gallacher, Doherty, Flemming, Chadwick, Dublin, Croft and Henderson which is why we are not playing them!

I also heard that Pardew has asked Grant if he would be his assistant again at his next club, which is why WHU gave Pardew the opportunity to leave and why Grant is arranging to transfer half the squad to the new club.

I am not saying you are slightly paranoid, i am just saying that i am being very sarcastic!

[/quote]

No.  Of course he may well leave but I think it extremely unlikely to be why he didn''t play on Sat, or why he might be missing vs Soton. 

Even if we had "sold" him already this would be completely different to Ashton where the theory was that he was not played so as not to be cup-tied: this is irrelevant for Earnie at this point in time....and that theory did falter slightly when West Ham admitted he was carrying an injury at the time.

This is just stupid!  How about we all try and think of as many negative ideas as we can! 

If the board decided to sell Earnshaw; which it would have to be as both the player and manager have said it wont be happening, then I would expect Grant to quit and the fans to riot.  IT WILL NOT HAPPEN!!!

Wiz - The same thought crossed my mind but I have to say I do not believe we have sold him. I always wait for the traffic to die down before I drive home, as I was travelling home after the Leicester game I realised the car in front was none other than Earnie, and the road we were on certainly did not lead to Dunston Hall, so I guess the comment that he has bought a home in Norwich is true. Earnie wants to stay and PG wants Earnie to stay, only a really big offer will tempt the board.

I heard a rumor that Ernie was seen on a grass knoll in Dallas circa 1963. Did not believe that either!

Then again he is a sharp shooter. So maybe some truth in it…