Sign in to follow this  
daz

Hartson tells celtic to buy idah

Yes plz 💷 😂 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, daz said:

Yes plz 💷 😂 

are you happy with Hartson's thought that it will cost them £4-5million? I think we will get more from elsewhere, strangely. Much is down to Idah himself. He's been very much a last 25 minute player off the bench for them - does his love for Celtic override his desire for 90 minute football? It's going to be one of the most interesting elements of the coming transfer window.

Edited by shefcanary

Did get the feeling he's to be sold.

Which does rather screw us over in the long run as I do feel that both Sargent and Hugejdonk won't be here next season if we don't go up

17 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Which does rather screw us over in the long run as I do feel that both Sargent and Hugejdonk won't be here next season if we don't go up

Sargent to Brentford when stoney goes? 

18 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

To be honest, I am more worried that SVH will be here next season! 😉

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Jason Shackell’s Limp Tack said:

Sargent to Brentford when stoney goes? 

Bees have already replaced Toney, haven't they,  @aBee?

58 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

In the case of Sargent going we would get a fairly hefty whack for him. So we could likely buy a couple of decent players, including a CF. 

We often seem to unearth gems so I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens 

If Sargent goes I'd be looking at Morgan Whittaker at Plymouth.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Is he a known kidnapper then?

• Haha 3

Rodgers has been a revelation since leaving villa and i suspect whittaker will have similar level suitors over the summer.

A summer rebuild if we don't get promoted will be for strikers & cm creatovity as well as the back line

If we get £5m for him and lose the liability of his 5 year contract then loaning him out to Celtic has been a great bit of business (even with the money we've wasted on Sydney!)

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

We can bring someone else in you know

2 hours ago, shefcanary said:

are you happy with Hartson's thought that it will cost them £4-5million? I think we will get more from elsewhere, strangely. Much is down to Idah himself. He's been very much a last 25 minute player off the bench for them - does his love for Celtic override his desire for 90 minute football? It's going to be one of the most interesting elements of the coming transfer window.

You think we’d get more? I can’t see anyone thinking his value is worth more than 5m. Even that is likely optimistic. And I’m not saying that critically of Idah - just as a reflection of his level at this point in his career. 

We simple cannot sell both Idah and Sargent it would be suicide. If Sargent gives us another year then fine it makes sense to move on but if Sargent is going as well then I don’t see us having the money to replace both of them and do the addition business we need to do as well.

4 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

We simple cannot sell both Idah and Sargent it would be suicide. If Sargent gives us another year then fine it makes sense to move on but if Sargent is going as well then I don’t see us having the money to replace both of them and do the addition business we need to do as well.

If Sargent went we’d need to buy a new starting no9. There’s no doubt about that as Idah has proven to not be an adequate starting replacement. A few goals off the bench at Celtic likely doesn’t change that 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Bees have already replaced Toney, haven't they,  @aBee?

Christ lets not start tagging the weirdos that come on here from other clubs. We don't want them here.

2 hours ago, Addick/Canary said:

If there's even a sniff of money involved, you know Essex will pop up sooner or later!

If you believe most on here he must be on something.

Sell him. Not good enough as our lead striker whatever league we are in. Whittaker from Plymouth is a great shout as a target though 

3 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Agreed, but he will go for more than we can afford. Also he is not a CF, but could play in the Barnes role. 

• Like 1

As for idah, if he wants to leave take the cash or a cash and player swap if one is suitable; I doubt we will get much more that £6m

Celtic are the second club that doesn't see him as a starter but as an effective sub which tells you something

4 hours ago, shefcanary said:

Bite their arm off!!!

• Like 1

I would have thought Sargent will be here as likely to need an op at the end of the season, or at least get to 100% fitness before any suitors would want to take a risk.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Well b back said:

I would have thought Sargent will be here as likely to need an op at the end of the season, or at least get to 100% fitness before any suitors would want to take a risk.

I think there will be plenty of scouts at the Copa America matches over the summer that should clear that issue up. If he scores a hatful of goals there, he'll be off no problem. But, if he is in recovery and doesn't appear then chances of him still being here increase dramatically. As will us winning the play-offs!

Edited by shefcanary

Idah will follow a similar career path to Carlton Morris for me. As he gets more and more experience on how to use his physical size in games, he'll end up a Championship level player. If he gets lucky (like Morris) the club he's at might give him an opportunity to play in the Premier League.

The above said, we'd take £4--5m any day of the week. I suspect Celtic might offer £1.5-2m upfront though with clauses and bonuses attached (should they want him). 

2 hours ago, Ulfotto said:

Take the pi££, £5m upfront with cheeky add ons. Fantastic business for NCFC. 

19 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Take the pi££, £5m upfront with cheeky add ons. Fantastic business for NCFC. 

Although this reply will invite ridicule could you replace Idah for 5 million? 

Just now, Ulfotto said:

Although this reply will invite ridicule could you replace Idah for 5 million? 

That’s easy! Get Hugill back on a free when Rotherham release him this summer.