5 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Shame they didn’t wait till 2:50 on Saturday to announce winner.

Have you seen how many people are in their seats at 2.50pm ? The place is virtually empty.

6 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Have you seen how many people are in their seats at 2.50pm ? The place is virtually empty.

Exaggerate much?

Just now, Pyro Pete said:

Exaggerate much?

No not at all. At least 20,000 seats are filled in the last 5 minutes so take a look for yourself.

1 hour ago, shefcanary said:

Not all of us, mea culpa!

Wagner asked if he'd have voted for McLean for PotS: "Yes, but I was a little bit surprised that so many supporters chose him. Normally the players who score goals and are in the spotlight win these awards. This only shows how smart our supporters are, and he fully deserves this award."

Good response from Herr W

40 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

No not at all. At least 20,000 seats are filled in the last 5 minutes so take a look for yourself.

Don't make stuff up.

We arrive at around 15 minutes before kick-off, and the ground is at least half full.

If Kenny McLean is our player of the season then what a damning indictment of our campaign, recruitment and both on and off pitch management.

This further demonstrates just how far we have fallen and that the supporters, like the club, are now perfectly accepting of mediocrity as the norm.

Etc etc 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, Pyro Pete said:

Don't make stuff up.

We arrive at around 15 minutes before kick-off, and the ground is at least half full.

Why would i make it up ? The seats are not more than 10% occupied at 2.50pm. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, shefcanary said:

Not all of us, mea culpa!

Wagner asked if he'd have voted for McLean for PotS: "Yes, but I was a little bit surprised that so many supporters chose him. Normally the players who score goals and are in the spotlight win these awards. This only shows how smart our supporters are, and he fully deserves this award."

It's like Wagner wants me to worship him. 

Edited by hogesar
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Why would i make it up ? The seats are not more than 10% occupied at 2.50pm. 

You think that there are only 2,700 fans in the ground 10 minutes before kick-off?

Haha.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

If Kenny McLean is our player of the season then what a damning indictment of our campaign, recruitment and both on and off pitch management.

This further demonstrates just how far we have fallen and that the supporters, like the club, are now perfectly accepting of mediocrity as the norm.

Etc etc 

Absolutely. What a **** season it’s been-it’s not as if we are likely to make the play-offs or anything.Even if we do the one player who has been on the pitch throughout clearly hasn’t contributed to it. Let’s all stamp our feet because we didn’t get the person we wanted. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Clearly your opinion was 'wrong' too...?

Is anyone who voted for anyone else 'wrong'

Did the 'majority' of fans vote for Mclean?

Only 40% may have done with the rest carved up between 3 or 4 others

Just like this and any of our other Governments then. Perhaps only 40% (who actually knows) voted for previous winners, didn't they deserve it either? 

17 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Just like this and any of our other Governments then. Perhaps only 40% (who actually knows) voted for previous winners, didn't they deserve it either? 

I was reacting to a previous quote that suggested the 'overwheming majority of support' , where that may not be the case

Deserves it. He’s done very well all over the park.

• Like 1

Not only pleased for Kenny, but hopefully Sara will be so frustrated at coming so close to getting player of the season that he'll stick around another season to have another go. 😎

Although he deserves this he’s still ****e! And needs replaced with better 😉

Well I can’t change my opinion entirely! 😂😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Not only pleased for Kenny, but hopefully Sara will be so frustrated at coming so close to getting player of the season that he'll stick around another season to have another go. 😎

I don't think that would be a motivating factor for your average young  upwardly mobile modern footballer. Somehow 

Delighted for him, got my vote as well.

Been a very decent player for us despite the fashion at certain times by some, to join the noisy group and criticise his every move.

• Like 1

He's been fine in the sense he hasn't been awful. But that's because he just plays as a sweeper. I could do that. He contributes nothing offensively and has no instincts defensively. He basically looks good because he's better on the ball than our centre backs, which he bloody ought to be. How can people think he deserves it more than any of Sara, Rowe, Sargent or Sainz. There are one or two others that haven't been as good as those four but have been at least as good as Kenny (Gunn, Stacey, Nunez). Absolute joke. I will not be getting there early to see him pick up the award!

I just can't get my head round a fan going through the candidates in their head, which for 95% of fans would include at least two of those I've mentioned and then goes 'yep, Rowe did score loads but Kenny has been so brilliantly solid and has played every game. I'm picking Kenny.' Or 'yes, Sara has got over 20 goal involvements this season and occasionally has touches of absolute class but Kenny has been captain and that counts for a lot in my book. I'm picking Kenny.' Idiots.

Nicely put on a WhatsApp group I'm in.

5 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

He's been fine in the sense he hasn't been awful. But that's because he just plays as a sweeper. I could do that. He contributes nothing offensively and has no instincts defensively. He basically looks good because he's better on the ball than our centre backs, which he bloody ought to be. How can people think he deserves it more than any of Sara, Rowe, Sargent or Sainz. There are one or two others that haven't been as good as those four but have been at least as good as Kenny (Gunn, Stacey, Nunez). Absolute joke. I will not be getting there early to see him pick up the award!

I just can't get my head round a fan going through the candidates in their head, which for 95% of fans would include at least two of those I've mentioned and then goes 'yep, Rowe did score loads but Kenny has been so brilliantly solid and has played every game. I'm picking Kenny.' Or 'yes, Sara has got over 20 goal involvements this season and occasionally has touches of absolute class but Kenny has been captain and that counts for a lot in my book. I'm picking Kenny.' Idiots.

Did you vote for Kenny though? 

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Thank god your WhatsApp group doesn't represent the majority of our fanbase, and it's funny how the fans opinion coincides with players, ex players, managers and ex managers. In fact Wagner today complimented the fanbase for being more football intelligent in their decision to pick Kenny.

I'm not convinced your WhatsApp group is the intelligent one 😉😉

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Robert N. LiM said:

It was just a joke

TBF you used the winky emoji.

No further questions your honour.

Edited by Nuff Said

6 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

He's been fine in the sense he hasn't been awful. But that's because he just plays as a sweeper. I could do that. He contributes nothing offensively and has no instincts defensively.

'yep, Rowe did score loads but Kenny has been so brilliantly solid and has played every game. I'm picking Kenny.' Or 'yes, Sara has got over 20 goal involvements this season and occasionally has touches of absolute class but Kenny has been captain and that counts for a lot in my book. I'm picking Kenny.' Idiots.

Hideously put, to my mind

Whatsapp Willy complains that Kenworth is POTS only because he’s the captain & a sweeper, then goes on to suggest eye-catching players in attacking positions should get the award instead, for doing their jobs well.

No acknowledgement of his personal playing qualities, season-long consistent contribution, leadership and attitude, long(ish) service to the club, civic mayoralty in his spare time, or impressive performance in the variety of roles he’s been asked to take on