So after a match in which the team bottled it after a red and a match that has left many of us rather angry tommorow we play against a team that sit rock bottom of the table and who lost their last match 5-0 and who have not won a match since December. So.. Along came Norwich or a chance for the team to get back to scoring a lot of goals?

Of course one of Rotherhams few wins this season was against us mind..

13 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Hugill v Barnes will be a sight to see..

Will be like R9 vs Messi 😂 

Posted (edited)

Reserve judgement until I know if Sainz is available, he is the only player left who can add pace and directness to our attack, lose him and we are painfully slow and predictable.

updated to a 3-1 win.

Edited by Channon’s Windmill

It’s Norwich- we will lose to Rochdale- the sky will fall in- then beat Ipswich and people will declare us world champions! 

either way - I think we will just miss the playoffs which will lead to an interesting summer as the cloth has to be cut to a new size. But this might end up being a blessing in disguise (last two times we seemed sunk- league one drop and farkes first season- we rose like a phoenix 

1 minute ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

It’s Norwich- we will lose to Rochdale- the sky will fall in- then beat Ipswich and people will declare us world champions! 

I guarantee we won’t be losing to Rochdale. 

They’re aren’t in the Football League 😉

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

So after a match in which the team bottled it after a red and a match that has left many of us rather angry tommorow we play against a team that sit rock bottom of the table and who lost their last match 5-0 and who have not won a match since December. So.. Along came Norwich or a chance for the team to get back to scoring a lot of goals?

Of course one of Rotherhams few wins this season was against us mind..

You always pose the score prediction but never offer your own.

Go on give it a go.

21 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Hugill v Barnes will be a sight to see..

They should have a sprint-off during the halftime break, who can cover the length of the pitch first. 

• Haha 2

In theory Rotherham may as well have just handed us the points, not bothered travelling and had the weekend off 😉

Would be a bit boring if football worked like that - Ipswich only beat them by the odd goal in seven - but I think we’ll have a pretty comfortable afternoon. 

I’ll go 3-0 or 3-1 but if Wednesday’s collapse is repeated God help us if any of our lot is sent off.

28 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

They should have a sprint-off during the halftime break, who can cover the length of the pitch first. 

Might be better to wait until after the game, because I think you get penalised if you delay the start of the second half.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

A real goal fest awaits as still ACN moments aplenty. I think we will just scrape it 4-3, with a winner in the 101st minute after being behind in the match for about 80 minutes. Rotherham will complain after about the ref being a homer. 

Edited by shefcanary

I like to look at future fixtures. Hull have a 2 week break before being at home to Stoke. We are away to Stoke next Saturday and then home to Plymouth. 

We really need 7 pts minimum from our next 3 games to put a bit of pressure on Hull.

15 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I like to look at future fixtures. Hull have a 2 week break before being at home to Stoke. We are away to Stoke next Saturday and then home to Plymouth. 

We really need 7 pts minimum from our next 3 games to put a bit of pressure on Hull.

I've predicted that we win all three but seven points would be an excellent haul and that would certainly put pressure on Hull. We could do with WBA dropping a few more points as well to open up the possibility of two places up for grabs. We must not forget Coventry or Preston either. 

• Like 1

As things go, Rotherham aren’t going to lose 5-0 again and are probably due a win.  I predict a draw because we’ve seen it all before!!

Really has to be 3pts. There isn't an easier game in the league so no excuses if we want to sneak into the top 6

Get rid of the frustration from Wednesday. If we start like we did for the first 30 minutes we will be 3 up by half time and will have enough to give the bench half an hour in second half.

5 -0 win

Always the optomist

• Like 1

I certainly reckon Sainz will score.

im going 3-0 but first goal not until late into first half by which time the crowd will have started booing because every pass isn’t forward and we haven’t gone 2 up in first half hour

3 points are in the bag, but 3:1 - Rotherham going to try harder even when they concede

7-1, but we'll go home frustrated as the 8th goal will be a scrappy one for Rotherham in the 92nd minute...

Posted (edited)

I hope that the hypercritical sections of the crowd won't take their anger from losing points on Wednesday in to today's game and start booing Saintz. The best way to get him to moderate his behaviour, from the crowd's point of view, would be to cheer the player even more.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Would like to think an easy win but Hugill will be a big threat always likely to score against us . They have nothing to lose as well