daz

Howson speaks out 😡

2 hours ago, Dame to Blame said:

Well i do bear him plenty of ill he is a Tw%t and i hope he gets plenty of sh%T  coming his way at carrow road next year if the pri&ck is still playing

Would be a nice bit of Karma if somebody actually does run studs down his leg in the next match and his protestations are waved away. The boy who cried wolf.

8 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

I think there’s a lot of over reaction here. Last night doesn’t tarnish Howson’s Norwich career

He'll get a boo from me if he plays at Carrow Road again.

We'd be in the top 6 right now if it weren't for his pathetic playmaking.

100% does tarnish him in my eyes. 

Boooooooooooooooo

• Like 1

Used to like Howson as a player but last night he let himself and football down

On 07/03/2024 at 16:40, shefcanary said:

LYB I'll say this yet again. He did not kick out pointlessly. He was reacting to the pain of Howson's dangerous tackle resulting in studs into the back of his knee. As he felt the pain in his leg he straightened the leg to let the blood flow and reduce the pain. Have you ever been in a similar position where straightening a limb after receiving a blow to it - its a natural reaction. Sainz was already totally disorientated, having been knocked upside down. The pain was an additional element of this. He was facing the away from Howson as well.

But no, LYB knows best - its one of our current players to blame after all.

Howson and Madley are laughing at your reaction to this right now.   

Wow! Are Howson and Madley on the Pink Un forum as members too then 🤣🤣🤣

On 07/03/2024 at 12:32, littleyellowbirdie said:

It's the rules. He's a professional player playing for the opposing team. He'd be letting his team down if he didn't make sure the ref was aware. Sure, it's gamesmanship, but gamesmanship is part of football and has been for as long as i can remember.

I'm afraid the failure was Sainz kicking out pointlessly and giving the opportunity to send him off.

Yes, how was Sainz to know Howson would cheat ? Yes, cheat. Not any so called gamesmanship. But cheating, as ruled today.

• Like 1

Well if we fail to get promotion then we can all give Howson a warm welcome when he returns to Carrow Rd next season.

1 hour ago, RobJames said:

Yes, how was Sainz to know Howson would cheat ? Yes, cheat. Not any so called gamesmanship. But cheating, as ruled today.

I think cheating is pushing it a bit. There was contact and complaining about the least contact is sadly quite normal. I stand by viewing it as gamesmanship. That said, I don't like that element of the game at all, but it is what it is.

Posted (edited)

I never warmed to Howson. I didn't understand why he was captain - far too shy & hesitant when he spoke, certainly not an inspiring character. Although undoubtedly an excellent footballer, he always seemed to keep the club at arm's length, so to speak, never fully engaged, which I initially put down to his shyness, but came to believe that he really just didn't want to be here.

Edited by ron obvious

Howson was a great player for us. Why would anyone expect him to do other than what he did to try to ensure his current team wins? Very few footballers have any true affection for the clubs they play for, and the nature of his departure should tell you that Howson doesn't. 

90% of the blame has to be given to the appalling referee, 1st the clear yellow card that wasn’t given Ayling on Sainz, then the clear sliding studs up assault by Howson on the back of Sainz’s knee leading to be duped by Howson as he used his experience to get Sainz off and cover up his own foul.  Anyway, Howson will get a boo from me if he ever graces the Carrow turf again

• Like 1

I think we should probably let this one go now. Howson did what any experienced professional would do, exaggerate minimal contact to gain an advantage for his team.

Professional football is not the same game that we played in the parks, they are paid obscene amounts and the sole objective is to win - by any means necessary.

I will always remember Howson for his role in a fun time for Norwich supporters and Wednesday's nonsense does not really tarnish the memory for me.

Anyway, looking forward to 3 points today! OTBC 

• Like 1

On 07/03/2024 at 18:03, Mason 47 said:

I think Sainz has done an overdramatic spin (footballers often do this) and Howson hasn't moved on by the time Borjas feet brush his thigh. It's probably one of the weakest calls for a foul I've ever seen given.

In real time I also didn't think Howsons challenge was anything to write home about, but if you can make the point that slow-mo does Sainz no favours, Howson should get a retrospective red also.

We've been conned and getting it overturned won't reset the clock to 30 mins and cruising. That's the real damage.

I'm certainly not one blaming Borja. Plenty of players did much worse last night.

Howson got up and went back towards him, while Sianz was still rolling. 

On 07/03/2024 at 12:15, Feedthewolf said:

Ya reckon? :classic_wink:

Sh*thousery is part and parcel of the game. Everyone does it. We loved Grant Holt for it, because he was one of us. Football is all about marginal gains and dark arts, whether you like them or not. I genuinely bear Howson no ill will for this.

On 07/03/2024 at 12:32, littleyellowbirdie said:

It's the rules. He's a professional player playing for the opposing team. He'd be letting his team down if he didn't make sure the ref was aware. Sure, it's gamesmanship, but gamesmanship is part of football and has been for as long as i can remember.

I'm afraid the failure was Sainz kicking out pointlessly and giving the opportunity to send him off.

Let’s get one thing straight……..

’gamesmanship’, ‘sh*thousery’, call them what you want even, amazingly‘professional’ there is one word that covers these words…..CHEATING!

Certainly at Money League (PL) level VAR should be used to call it out at the time and punish the perpetrators. Red cards or at the very least a sin bin period. 
I detest cheating, don’t call it anything else whoever does it, NCFC players have been serial offenders both past and present.

It is not part of the game and because they do it means we can do it is not acceptable-2wrongs don’t make a right. Football authorities need to stop tinkering around the edges of the laws of the game and get to grips with the major problems in the game.
Having shown that Howson has ‘cheated’ to help his team gain an unfair advantage should they then have to play their next game with 10 men for 60 minutes, or

this week’s game be replayed 11v11, or resume Wednesday’s game from 30 minutes with the score at the time or even let the score stand at the time of the incident.

It seems that drastic measures are needed to remove this ‘disease’ from the game.

8 hours ago, Michael Starr said:

Don't get the Howson hate. He did what he could to gain an advantage for his team.

Yep he cheated. Sorry but some of us still look at it as a sport. And personally I would say the same about our players. If I want to see that , I would go to the theatre. 

19 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Wow! Are Howson and Madley on the Pink Un forum as members too then 🤣🤣🤣

Stranger things have happened. It’s a little known fact but @The Real Buh is actually Delia.

17 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I think cheating is pushing it a bit. There was contact and complaining about the least contact is sadly quite normal. I stand by viewing it as gamesmanship. That said, I don't like that element of the game at all, but it is what it is.

Yeah, this. It’s fun commenting from our high horses but exhibit number 1 is Grant Holt.

Nuff said.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, damn that Ralph Coates! said:

I hope that any Norwich players who played with him have told him what they thought of the gamesmaship/cheating,however commonplace this behavior has become

Interestingly Hernandez said on TNC that he's friends with Howson and will "be having a word with him"

I've been watching us for 43 yrs....I'm really struggling to recall another single act of cheating against us by an individual that changed the outcome of a result quite so much.

F uck Jonny Howson

See Howson got booked last night took a Birmingham player out from behind.

I emailed the EFL asking why Howson had not been given a ban for simulation, as it was said by the EFL and epl they were going to cut this type of behaviour out by giving retrospective punishment.

Of course they fell short of calling him a cheat by using the words ‘ we do not comment on individual cases ‘ but told me it’s down to the FA. to issue retrospective punishment, so the next time you hear the FA saying they want examples set to improve the game, just laugh. Clearly in this instance the FA support players cheating as in the case of Johnny Howson as they did not take action.

Regarding any retrospective action, this would be a matter for the Football Association (FA) who are the governing body and are responsible for all disciplinary matters within the game. Any matter that has been missed by a match official can be looked at by the FA who can issue a retrospective sanction on a participant.

On 09/03/2024 at 09:21, Nuff Said said:

Stranger things have happened. It’s a little known fact but @The Real Buh is actually Delia.

i always thought he was Paul Lambert. ...in between jobs,  y'know.