cambridgeshire canary

Worst miss you've seen a Norwich player make?

I'm sure we remember Sargents slow attempt that did not get into the net, and quite a few of Idahs misses but.. Have you seen one of ours make one as bad as this?

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Does RvW’s ‘ghost pass’ at Fulham count? I think Snoddy or Elmander was clear through on goal and he passes to no one

A Wes penalty springs to mind. His last one I think.

I also remember Alan Brazil missing one for Ipswich 5 minutes from time in front of the Barclay in a cup tie. We won 1-0. I hope it haunts him to this day. 

I saw Simon Whaley once completely miss the ball with an attempted pass in a reserve game. He was unquestionably one of THE worst players I've ever seen in yellow n green. Poor Sunday league player at best

There was a hilarious goal against Aston Villa which I've never seen on YouTube since - Darren Eadie hit the post with an open net gaping after everyone else piled into a cross and missed, then Mike Sheron hit the bar with Paul McGrath in front of him on the rebound. Shot came in which was shovelled off the line then a cross came in for Mike Milligan to score with a diving header.

Two bad misses and one of the best stramashes I've ever seen.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

There was a hilarious goal against Aston Villa which I've never seen on YouTube since - Darren Eadie hit the post with an open net gaping after everyone else piled into a cross and missed, then Mike Sheron hit the bar with Paul McGrath in front of him on the rebound. Shot came in which was shovelled off the line then a cross came in for Mike Milligan to score with a diving header.

Was sure this was on Crap 90s football but couldn't find it.

Have this instead.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Don't remember the opposition but do remember Tim Sherwood skying the ball over the bar from about three yards with the keeper nowhere. I remember the smug look on his face as he took the shot - "look at me, I'm about to score" - which swiftly changed to ground-swallow-me-up embarrassment.

He was really annoying even when he played for us, so I quite enjoyed it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Was sure this was on Crap 90s football but couldn't find it.

Have this instead.

We scored one against the Binners that was just as chaotic as that. Was in the same season as that Villa one too.

Bryan Gunn when he tried to kick Ullathornes back pass at Portaloo Road all those years ago and missed the ball completely! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I also remember Alan Brazil missing one for Ipswich 5 minutes from time in front of the Barclay in a cup tie. We won 1-0. I hope it haunts him to this day. 

Yeh that cute little dink from wes was horrid.

How about the scuff from harry kane when he was through?

We all knew he would amount to nothing at that point 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Bryan Gunn when he tried to kick Ullathornes back pass at Portaloo Road all those years ago and missed the ball completely! 

This has to be up there with one of the worst ever - especially considering the occasion and location 

Just now, Helsinki canary said:

This has to be up there with one of the worst ever - especially considering the occasion and location 

Definitely the awful Portaloo pitch's fault, though, not Gunny's. I guess you could criticise Ullathorne for not making sure his back pass was aimed away from the goal, given the conditions.

• Like 2

Why the hell did he go with his right foot?? It was utterly unmissable with a left foot, I refuse to believe a so called professional is that useless with a weaker foot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I'm sure we remember Sargents slow attempt that did not get into the net, and quite a few of Idahs misses but.. Have you seen one of ours make one as bad as this?

I've watched this about 10 times now and I still can't work out how he managed that...

Even the OUTSIDE of the right foot would have been better if he only uses the left one to stand up on.

Edited by Addick/Canary
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Didn't Arturo Lupoli miss an open goal against Blackpool in 08/09? 

That was never that long ago he played for us??? 😨

2 hours ago, Don’t be Krul said:

I saw Simon Whaley once completely miss the ball with an attempted pass in a reserve game. He was unquestionably one of THE worst players I've ever seen in yellow n green. Poor Sunday league player at best

He still managed to be better than Jason Jarrett, though. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Thought that was John Walk? 

Or are we talking about another game?

Daryl Sutch penalty miss in the playoffs on his last appearance for the club to do something memorable after 300 games of 6 out of ten performances and he missed probably one of the most Norwich moments of all time.

• Like 1

Mike Kenning stretching to turn the ball into an empty net at the River End caught the ball on his studs and managed to put it over the bar from a yard out.

10 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7Z1WqgaWAI

We have had our share of horrible misses through the years, but the most disappointing miss that stays in my memory was from 1990 where we drew 0-0  with Liverpool at home. We hardly lose to them in those days and goal scoring chances were hard to come by. Late in the 2nd half a cross comes in from the right evading the Liverpool keeper at the near post, Malcolm Allen slid in unmarked from 6 yards with the entire goal at his mercy, but only managed to divert the ball back in the direct the ball came, straight into the grateful hands of the Liverpool keeper who was on the ground next to the post ! 

Absolutely unfortunate !

18 hours ago, Don’t be Krul said:

But weirdly, had one very good season at Preston North End! 

16 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Josh Sargent open goal miss v Brighton was pretty hilarious

That was the one when he timidly stroked the ball towards goal, giving the defender ample time to clear.

He'd break the net nowadays.

Confidence, and they say players don't read this forum. 

Lewis Grabban missing the bus for Rotherham game in his attempt to engineer a move back to Bournemouth