Sign in to follow this  
KiwiScot

****Official Lappinitup Match Thread - Norwich v WBA****

5 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I'm starting to get mildly concerned that I'm due to be on a Greek island during the playoff final...

Just said the same to my other half, due to be on the 1st leg of a cycle round Holland and Belgium. Reckon I can pick up Radio Norfolk on the west coast of the Netherlands? 🤣

10 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Not making excuses for DW but man alive have we missed the Sarge. Such an asset, such a handful at this level. 

Shameful he's the only good signing from the last PL attempt, but so glad he's coming good as he seems like such a great lad

2 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Is it best to sit upper or lower tier at Wembley in May ??

Upper for play offs. Lower for FA Cup. 😉

I wonder why they decided to go long from the goal-kick in the second half.

1 minute ago, ron obvious said:

There was a period of play for 10-15 minutes in the first half when it looked like someone had flicked a switch. It was PL class stuff. If we can keep that button pressed ...

It's a bit Jekyl and Hyde stuff a lot of the time. Watching us struggle to keep possession, give the ball away cheaply, look way too open......and then suddenly we look world beaters going forwards.....rinse and repeat.

It's a strange mix, better than before Christmas, but can't help think we're still making heavy weather of it.......

....but then you can't argue with a 2-0 win!!!

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

As long as its not keiren mckenna

No, we'll have disposed of Ipswich in the semi finals. 2-0 on aggregate, Gibbs, Williams og

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, AJ said:

Shameful he's the only good signing from the last PL attempt, but so glad he's coming good as he seems like such a great lad

Have we seen a glimpse into the future?? Sara (10), sarg up top. Or am I getting excited to early?

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

Upper for play offs. Lower for FA Cup. 😉

Finals or Semis?

Gibson really helped build up play, defended well too.

Excellent assist and general play from McLean (he can't play in midfield against top half sides apparently).

Subs from Wagner were good. Sargent rested and with a few in front of me singing you don't know what you're doing, we scored the second soon after which was pleasing.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, RugbyCanary said:

Have we seen a glimpse into the future?? Sara (10), sarg up top. Or am I getting excited to early?

Sadly I'm unsure we'll have enough time to rebuild around the talent we have as unless we go up we risk losing both of them and Rowe and then we're back to being an uninspiring mid table side

Edited by AJ

An update for anyone - nobody offered me a sweet all day. Not a lemon drop, mint imperial. Nothing.

3 minutes ago, Foxy2600 said:

Finals or Semis?

Ooh, I forgot about the semis!!😂

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Herman said:

So both then…..as this is a Positive discussion forum  ? 

• Haha 1

I thought that was probably our best performance of the season, and certainly the best if we take out the first four games. No poor performances, and even the players I often slate - Barnes and Duffy - put a good shift in. Another false dawn or the start of better times? Who knows?

1 hour ago, GRB2 said:

Brilliant by Stacey

Yes. He could have carried on and run into a blind alley, just to relieve the pressure we had been under, but passed inside at just the right time, and from then on every else involved did exactly the right thing.

Superb win and one I hope represents a genuine uplift in the player’s self-belief. A lot of noise about not beating teams above us in the table this season, but now we have. A big result. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

No, we'll have disposed of Ipswich in the semi finals. 2-0 on aggregate, Gibbs, Williams og

Hasn’t Williams gone back to Manure?

31 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Be hard for Williams to score anything for them given he's been sent back to United

Just now, Grant Holts Moustache said:

Only for a medical assessment which is fairly normal when a player picks up an injury.

Another classic Webber signing.

Just home from the game, a good performance against a decent West Brom side. Some good attacking play and both Duffy and Gibson looked solid at the back. Keep Sargent fit and we do have a shot at reaching the Play-offs.

Onwards and Upwards - OTBC 

Edited by A K Narey
Typo!

50 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I'm starting to get mildly concerned that I'm due to be on a Greek island during the playoff final...

Surely that’s a valid reason for cancellation on your insurance policy? 🤔

Great win. I think we were a little fortunate that WBA didn’t turn up first half. The first 15 minutes of the second half showed what could have happened with the way we were set up but credit to Wagner for changing it at that point and the second goal and the move that led to it showed the benefit of having Sara more advanced.

A quiet word also for Stacey who appears to be returning to some sort of form. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Is that the first time we've beaten a team in the top six this season?

First time since last week anyway

1 minute ago, BigFish said:

First time since last week anyway

Happy to be corrected (honest) but I think Hull were 7th.

50 minutes ago, Herman said:

Wait till you get to my age. You'll be recording them in your diary

• Haha 3