Sign in to follow this  
JonnyJonnyRowe

Bristol Rovers Official Match Thread

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

Has Hanley just ****ed off?? 🤣🤣

"F*ck this boys we are shocking, dunno about you lot but I'm beating the traffic"

• Haha 7
  • Confused 1

This isn't the worst football I have seen at Carrow Rs in my 35+ years of supporting, but it is the most disconnected I feel from the club.  Won, draw or lose, I just shrug my shoulders these days.  It's so sad...and sadder that so many fans feel this way, yet the owners are totally dismissive of it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6
  • Sad 1

Total crap, again. It goes on and on. Totally beyond comprehension that they just sit idly by and allow this to continue. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CanadianCanary said:

I’m a relatively new fan, posted about it in a thread a while ago on here. But being a hockey player from Canada, and me not knowing a ton about football, it seems this team plays a pretty boring, conservative style of play? So many times I wish they’d just attack more. Maybe that’s the hockey player in me and not knowing the game….

Don’t worry, it’s not usually like this. We usually have an attacking free-flowing style (if the manager is right and the Sporting Director isn’t a toxic, narcissistic charlatan). You’ve joined us as a fan at one of our low points… things can only get better! OTBC 🟡🟢

• Like 2

Jeepers, Wagner!!!!!!!!! How to win friends and influence people.😬

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

What an absolutely shocking performance.

Wagner out!!!

I think I heard sections of the crowd singing “we want wagner out” a few times - its his 1st anniversary - good time to kick him and his clowns out

Time people stopped turning up in large numbers. It’s the only way he goes 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, repman said:

We're on such a downward trend with this current coaching staff but we're only 5 points off the play-offs. I don't think we should accept writing this season off by keeping Wagner in post any longer. 

The reason I can think of for not acting is that Knapper has someone in mind who is not currently available (Cuesta?). Would rather the right man in the summer than the wrong man now.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Wow, just utter utter dross! 

This game means nothing towards the rest of our season and Wagner will still be in a job but OMG, what a turgid performance from our shockingly poor squad!

Posted (edited)

80%ers “I swear to god if Wagner does this 30 or 40 more times I’m going to start grumbling audibly!”

Edited by The Real Buh
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

There was approximately 22 minutes of that second half where I couldn't tell you what happened because I genuinely fell asleep.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, JB said:

Said on BBC that all the home fans are waving their phone torches around. What's that all about?

Think that’s SOS in morse code. 🆘 😄

Calm down everyone!!! Just wait until key players are back from injury and… oh. 

• Like 1

Some massive pluses today.

Comfy and warm on the bed.

Tea and biks courtesy of Mrs R

Don't have to bike home.

Could get used to this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

2 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

MOTM Ashley Barnes! WTAF? Mind you, what alternative?

Possibly Hanley?

We cannot go on like this, it's fcuking terrible. Totally joyless football.

Get rid Knapper, do something FFS.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, city4eva said:

Did the 80% make their feelings known today

There were clearly more than 20% booing - the fans need a public apology from Delia 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Don't worry though lads.

Delias busy complaning about a beer can being thrown at her car

Probably not used to seeing a shot hit the target. 

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Some massive pluses today.

Comfy and warm on the bed.

Tea and biks courtesy of Mrs R

Don't have to bike home.

Could get used to this.

Highlights will be up in around half an hour. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Robert N. LiM said:

The reason I can think of for not acting is that Knapper has someone in mind who is not currently available (Cuesta?). Would rather the right man in the summer than the wrong man now.

I guess it makes sense but if he won't come now what's to say he would in the summer? So many things could happen between now and then, what if another club decides they want him and he chooses them instead.

Additionally I'd be sort of worried if Knapper is completely wedded to one possible option (even more one who he's worked with previously), there should at least be a proper process to decide the next coach.

I think you could even appoint a young coach between now and the summer and then revisit it if you want a different option, there'd be plenty who would jump at that chance imo. Not the caliber you'd maybe want but there's such an obvious level for improvement I don't know why you wouldn't do it.

Yes Wagner is to blame to a degree, but the players are ****e! That defence with Hanley & Baath is utterly rubbish, lucky not to lose, really poor signings in the summer all appear to be here just picking up the money before they retire!

• Like 1