Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

What cheap and available managers are there right now?

i do not know every manager from every league 

but in world football there must be a young up and coming manager ( they all start somewhere ) 

who plays the right way and is on a upward Curve ,

You really have to check every League and Under 21 team like Farke ,

Always a team somewhere performing well above there ability somewhere or a youth Coach wanting to progress to first team coach 

last time Zoe said we keep and eye on managers around the world all the time etc and we ended up with Her Hubbies mate 

lets do it properly this time and see who wants to come here 

9 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Bryan Robson and Mark Hughes have had time out and may be ready to go again. 

Wasn't Hughes only just sacked by Bradford? Only had a couple of months out, and they are both over 60. If we are to go down that route then throw Steve Bruce into the equation. I think we need someone in the up and coming bracket, unless we can get someone unlikely like Potter, which isn't going to happen.

12 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Bryan Robson never worked again since getting filmed undercover by Channel 4 dispatches advising investors on how to profit by breaking the law, so I'm sure our new American friend wouldn't want anything to do with him.

1 minute ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

Bryan Robson never worked again since getting filmed undercover by Channel 4 dispatches advising investors on how to profit by breaking the law, so I'm sure our new American friend wouldn't want anything to do with him.

Fair enough, back to plan A and go for Ian Holloway. 

1 hour ago, Big O said:

Luke Williams at Notts County? 

He’s an interesting one. Youth link with us I believe also 

A prediction. Wagner will be replaced. It will be someone in their twenties or thirties. If from an English club they will be a coach rather than a manager. If from abroad they will either be a coach or a head coach.

24 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

A prediction. Wagner will be replaced. It will be someone in their twenties or thirties. If from an English club they will be a coach rather than a manager. If from abroad they will either be a coach or a head coach.

As I've said before they / he have already earmared the boy from Arsenal.who is one of Arteta's various assistants. 

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

He’s an interesting one. Youth link with us I believe also 

In terms of out of work - both Steve Cooper and Paul Heckingbottom would do a better job than Wagner. And I think both are realistic. 

In terms of buying out a contract from lower leagues - I don’t think Mousinho would leave Portsmouth. But we may be able to prise Ian Evatt from Bolton. 
I think both of those are likely better and less of a punt than Luke Williams from Notts County.  But I wouldn’t be against the latter. He’s on his way up. 

3 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Ditto Peter Reid.

All I would say is please not someone who plays park the bus, i.e not Steve Bruce etc. Cooper and Heckingbottom are both out of work at the moment and have decent Championship experience, but I don’t know what their style of play is

By all accounts the new investors are lining up Potter to replace Ten Hag. Yes, ManUre are a bigger basket case than us but given a choice of Old Trafford or Carrow Road? Mmmm.

13 minutes ago, HazzaJet said:

All I would say is please not someone who plays park the bus, i.e not Steve Bruce etc. Cooper and Heckingbottom are both out of work at the moment and have decent Championship experience, but I don’t know what their style of play is

Agreed, but please not Steve Bruce! Anyone but Steve Bruce!!!

1 hour ago, yellowrider120 said:

As I've said before they / he have already earmared the boy from Arsenal.who is one of Arteta's various assistants. 

Carlos Cuesta.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Barry Brockes said:

By all accounts the new investors are lining up Potter to replace Ten Hag. Yes, ManUre are a bigger basket case than us but given a choice of Old Trafford or Carrow Road? Mmmm.

I think Potter wants to prove that Brighton wasn't a one off, so will be looking at an EPL club. I've seen lots of rumours Newcastle want a high profile manager to take them to the next level. If not Potter, I'd be happy with Howe, however unrealistic it is.  

7 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Given almost everyone is screaming for Wagner to get booted out..

Who exactly is available to take over? And from a realistic view who would even want to?

Do you want Wagner gone?

who do you suggest if so?

The lack of hope and ambition from fans shown in this thread is staggering but nevertheless understandable as it is more than likely in line with how the board will be thinking.

And that is worrying on both counts.

The tone of a Club comes from the top down.

• Like 1

We never got him as a player despite numerous transfer window sightings, but maybe we could persuade Carl Cort to have a go at management? No?

Just now, astro said:

We never got him as a player despite numerous transfer window sightings, but maybe we could persuade Carl Cort to have a go at management? No?

We did get him, he even scored.

• Like 1