norwich canary

Knapper early signs aren’t encouraging

Unfortunately doesn’t seem to be the right candidate for the role.

Either a complete lack of activity or hasn’t a clue how to fix the mess he has inherited from Webber 

he has had time to review the club but the lack of any clear communication on what he wants to do short term and more strategically is a concern growing by the day.

It doesn’t fill me with any confidence that this mess is going to get sorted anytime soon 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Are you still celebrating last night's draw against Leicester ?

TBF, “norwich canary” is a great user name if you’re a binner hoping to pose as an NCFC fan, he’s clearly done his research into our club and captures the essential aspects of our team. 😐

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

He has inherited an unfortunate position with Webbers wife still here, our majority shareholders supporting the head coach, I’m not certain what he can do straight away.  He has said he wants to reduce the age of the squad but that takes time, he said he wants his football to be played on the front foot but what does Wagner do play all eleven behind the ball hoping to get the occasional break.

Perhaps the best thing Knapper can do is say this club is in a mess and walk away that would show our majority shareholders where they stand.

2 minutes ago, ridgeman said:

He has inherited an unfortunate position with Webbers wife still here, our majority shareholders supporting the head coach, I’m not certain what he can do straight away.  He has said he wants to reduce the age of the squad but that takes time, he said he wants his football to be played on the front foot but what does Wagner do play all eleven behind the ball hoping to get the occasional break.

Perhaps the best thing Knapper can do is say this club is in a mess and walk away that would show our majority shareholders where they stand.

Surely the ‘best’ has to be better than that - turning things around for example.

• Like 1

Every time I see Knapper's name mentioned I can't stop singing 'Puppet On A String'. Hopefully it will soon change to 'We Are The Champions' running through my brain.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Surely the ‘best’ has to be better than that - turning things around for example.

I hope that he can turn things around but can he do things his way with others above him meddling?

39 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Are you still celebrating last night's draw against Leicester ?

You can't celebrate draws. They told us that after we played them. It would be pretty tinpot to do so.. Right?

i think he has done a wonderful job since he has been here ! 

Form has improved dramatically , proved that short term right to keep Wagner for moment ,

Big test is January transfer window ,

Can he move a couple of the Deadwood get some younger hungry players in ?

Maybe start to reshape the squad ,

i do not like the idea of waiting till summer to sort Rowe's contract out though but maybe that's the players agent saying wait to see what comes in for him  ,

if Sara Or Rowe are sold it is very important the money is not wasted like Webber did with Rashica and Tzolis and Hayden signings with Emi money 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Herman said:

Since he's been in charge.

W4 D2 L2. Not bad so far.

That’s not far off the binners last 8 games, they must be really struggling.

Just now, norwich canary said:

I doubt a binner would know who he is 

lol 2 points from nine and now won’t even say who you are. 
Guess it’s getting a bit negative on your own message boards 

57 minutes ago, norwich canary said:

Either a complete lack of activity or hasn’t a clue how to fix the mess he has inherited from Webber 

he has had time to review the club but the lack of any clear communication on what he wants to do short term and more strategically is a concern growing by the day.

It doesn’t fill me with any confidence that this mess is going to get sorted anytime soon 

He arrived a month ago and we haven't even had so much as a transfer window yet. You've got literally nothing whatsoever to make any judgements on. Even when there has been a transfer window, it takes time to develop and embed. Arguably, not sacking Wagner is a decision of sorts that doesn't seem to be working out too badly.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, norwich canary said:

He needs to get his proposals over to you ASAP for you to sign off! What’s he been doing?!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, norwich canary said:

2 points out of 9 means ginger ed will be singing motivational songs at the recycling centre.

See this season through whilst targeting a new manager and players. Sack Wagner the minute this season finishes and let's go next season with a way of playing that excites the crowd again. We are mid table at best this season and have one job, to beat them at Carrow Road.

This season will bring nothing and January isn't a great time to buy players.

He needs 18 months at least before he can be properly judged.

Interesting topic.

I quite like the apparent softly, softly approach, especially now that the recent upturn in results has eliminated the spectre of a relegation battle.

What would McNally have done? 

Sacked Wagner and appointed Schummaker?

What would Webber have done?

Looked around and be disappointed that there wasn't even a big hill in Norfolk for him to scramble up and then appoint a mate of his from the past, before buying Delia a box of Thornton's Special Select and a bottle of Harvey's Bristol Cream?

The club is in transition, it needs to be approached with care.

5 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

i think he has done a wonderful job since he has been here ! 

Form has improved dramatically , proved that short term right to keep Wagner for moment ,

Big test is January transfer window ,

Can he move a couple of the Deadwood get some younger hungry players in ?

Maybe start to reshape the squad ,

i do not like the idea of waiting till summer to sort Rowe's contract out though but maybe that's the players agent saying wait to see what comes in for him  ,

if Sara Or Rowe are sold it is very important the money is not wasted like Webber did with Rashica and Tzolis and Hayden signings with Emi money 

Keeping Wagner is not the right decision whether short, medium or long term. Most tactically limited coach I can ever recall. 

Knapper needs to come out and sell his vision to the fans and be seen to be actually doing something. I’m sure he is behind the scenes but his silence just adds to the sense we are drifting 

5 hours ago, ridgeman said:

Why does it matter that Zoë ‘Ward’ is still here? There a lot of people who aim negative comments at her who I bet couldn’t even name anything she’s done for the club?

the biggest problem she has is she’s ‘guilty by association’  

Right now you’ve been dealt with, I’ll deal with the OP 

give the bloke a chance, the results have been markedly improved since he’s arrived and we’ve had 0 transfer windows 

Rome wasn’t built in a day 

He hasn't had a chance to do much yet.  We will see more direction when the transfer window opens I'm sure, both now and in the summer.  

I'm as frustrated with the last 2 seasons as anyone but give the guy a chance.

• Like 2

He's clearly taking his time "to assess" things. Better results (albeit not performances) has given him more breathing space, and the the key to his influence will be through Jan (keeping our best players, shipping out deadwood and what we all want, who he can bring in to improve things)

We've scraped through a set of fixtures where we've got results, performances haven't been much better, but now we have a tricky set of fixtures against teams doing much better. This is the key litmus test. I fear we'll struggle, and shows we can only just about beat but a few really poor teams.

Whether that gets him through to summer I don't know, but another runs of losses and even Knapper might say the time is right for a change     

7 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

He's been in the job six weeks, for ****s sake. 

Honestly, I've started to laugh at rather than get mad about this kinds of troll posts.

I wonder if people who think or post like the OP have considered if they had those expectations of complete transformation and exceeding expectations 6 weeks after starting their job.

Its just dramatic emotionally challenged rubbish.

I'm not even thinking about Knapper until the end of the next transfer window. Anyone who does is an absolute sausage 

• Like 1

As above his main job above all others will be to get things in place for the January Window. He's made it clear already that Wagner will be staying for now so what other action do you expect? There's probably a lot going on behind the scenes I would imagine

4 minutes ago, AJ said:

As above his main job above all others will be to get things in place for the January Window. He's made it clear already that Wagner will be staying for now so what other action do you expect? There's probably a lot going on behind the scenes I would imagine

I would even doubt whether he can have that much influence over this coming transfer window. Clearly planning is generally done months in advance - budgets set, requirements identified and so on.