Wings of a Sparrow

****Official Lappinitup match thread - Ipswich v Norwich****

Can’t see us riding our luck for another 45mins like this, should be at least 3-1. Hope Wagner’s got some ideas…

1 minute ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Please take mccallum off at half time, I'm starting to think he's a closet Binner, probably one of the ones who posts on here. 

Said he looked rusty and off it during pre season. Still not shook it off. God anytime the binners have attacked down his side he just vanishes.. There's a reason hes not been playing this season

VERY lucky to be level at half time. We won’t get that luck at this rate come 90mins. Need better at left back and a better link between mid and the front 

1 minute ago, Fuzzar said:

Extremely lucky to go in level. Extra midfielder required, Barnes off. 

McCullum off please what a liability he is, trotting around like a lost sheep. There got the beating of him down that side.

Just now, Indy said:

What game you watching? He’s been all over the front making runs and getting hi head on the ball! All Barnes has done is a god impression of Naismith standing in one are waving his hands about!

He has been running well. I do sometimes think that his brain is a few second behind his legs though!

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Said he looked rusty and off it during pre season. Still not shook it off. God anytime the binners have attacked down his side he just vanishes.. There's a reason hes not been playing this season

He’s not rusty, he’s just not good enough. Yet another example of someone we should have moved on 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Don’t be Krul said:

Good job no VAR Rowe was offside. But DILIGAS?

I was surprised there wasn't a flag.

Just now, Pyro Pete said:

Great we've got got players who can conjure up a goal from nowhere.

But we can't carry on getting dominated in midfield like this.

This is so true. Failing to control, or even compete in the middle is a recipe for trouble. 

They have complete control of midfield ... as so many other teams have this season. Neither Idah nor Barnes are doing enough. Bring one off (Idah for me) and bring Gibbs into midfileld  

• Like 1

Reminds me of the man who jumped off a huge mulri storey. As he went down people on each floor heard him say "so far so good" 

On a more serious note, how on earth are they where they are? 

Just now, S_81 said:

He’s not rusty, he’s just not good enough. Yet another example of someone we should have moved on 

Why we sold mumba and kept McCullen  i will never know. 

The real shame of it is one side looks organised and well-drilled and playing with confidence. The other team is us. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, BroadstairsR said:

They have complete control of midfield ... as so many other teams have this season. Neither Idah nor Barnes are doing enough. Bring one off (Idah for me) and bring Gibbs into midfileld  

Barnes for me, he’s done little at least Idah is offering an out.

• Like 1

Looking at the build up for the corner that led to the goal Nunez has to take one for the team and wipe Chaplin (?) out

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, king canary said:

He was level with the ball so not offside.

6 minutes ago, king canary said:

There should have been - the offside guy then pushed McCallum and caught his foot so he couldn’t challenge.  If that isn’t classed as ‘interfering with play’ I don’t know what is and would have been chalked off by var.

Mick Mills called it a ‘wonderful goal’ and ours ‘lucky’. No bias there then. 

Edited by Branston Pickle

Even in the unlikely event that we were to go on an win this game, retaining bragging rights, it is patently clear that we have been second best and a long way from being a top two team. We've hung in there and shown some spirit, that's at least something. Whereas Ipswich clearly have the confidence and a playing style, based on quick passing. That is a coaching matter and one Wagner just hasn't addressed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, The Bristol Nest said:

Maybe placenta for McCallam. It would give us pace down the left.

Mccallum isn’t slow, to be fair. Just slow to run back! And slow to anticipate pretty much anything defensively. Can’t see Placheta being any better tbh