Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Ipswich Predictions

I can see a 5-1 win for Ipswich - on the day we will fall apart- sad to see us so poor nowadays - when you compare Ipswich spent very little on players and we spent in the past millions and see the dross we have now

5-1 Ipswich I’m afraid. It’s the kind of result football throws up so we’ll no longer be able to use that score line against them. It’s a cert!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, yellowrider120 said:

I think that may be a 'semi despair' in reality. I predict a one off return for the old sick note reject from Leeds. Surely even Wagner can see how ridiculously open we are in midfield which is incredibly lightweight? I think Idah will be dropped making way for an extra midfielder. If that's Forshaw (or even Gibbs) then surely Sara can be pushed 20 yards at least up the pitch? 

Rowe will start playing a floating role with Barnes the notional 'striker'. Argos will start in place of Sainz in my nightmare scenario.  

Gibbs should start next to Nunez with Sara forward and Idah on the bench to come on as a sub in my view. 

• Like 3

2-1 them but they might freeze on their big day..... will they add a star to their shirts if they beat us for the first time in 12 years?

34 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Gibbs should start next to Nunez with Sara forward and Idah on the bench to come on as a sub in my view. 

I get the feeling sara will continue to play (and be wasted) as a defensive midfielder I'm afraid

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

3 hours ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

I bey you're a laugh on a night out.

I bey I am too

1 hour ago, Kenny Foggo said:

2-1 them but they might freeze on their big day..... will they add a star to their shirts if they beat us for the first time in 12 years?

12 years? You sure?

I’ve said for weeks now that it all ends for Wagner at Portaloo and I still think it will. We’ll be behind early and it will fast run away from us. And will end up embarrassing- with all the usual nonsense soundbites about the buzz in the squad and our battle looking utterly empty words. 

Hoping to eat my words, but planning for the worst. I still don’t really want to watch it as it feels too inevitable to me.  

12 minutes ago, S_81 said:

I’ve said for weeks now that it all ends for Wagner at Portaloo and I still think it will. We’ll be behind early and it will fast run away from us. And will end up embarrassing- with all the usual nonsense soundbites about the buzz in the squad and our battle looking utterly empty words. 

Hoping to eat my words, but planning for the worst. I still don’t really want to watch it as it feels too inevitable to me.  

Exactly how I feel. Defeat is defeat, this is all about the manner of defeat. Put up a fight and narrowly lose and I’ll be ok, but lose our heads and capitulate a la Plymouth and the Huddersfield game will be pure poison if he’s still here.

our only hope is that Wagner genuinely isn’t looking for a pay off, wants to keep his job and the players want to keep him in a job and he and they pull a rabbit out of the hat.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Walcombe canary said:

I think our starting 11 will be close to the Bristol City Away line up..Onel & Gibbs in for Sainz & Idah. So its Idah to score late again

Got to hope, Ashley can wind them up, and does not see red himself. He will have a massive role to play tomorrow

Hopefully, Idah's late goal will be a winner not equaliser. 

Ipswich are flying, but we are in a better place to get a result than we have been.. I'll go 1 - 1

Come on Norwich

Barnes averages a booking every 7 games over his career-he’s been sent off twice for 2 yellows but not since 2016/17 and he’s had 3 straight reds but none since 12/13.

Morsy averages a booking every 4 games, he’s only been sent off once for 2 yellows but he’s had 6 straight reds.

My money (or PUP’s money) is on a red card for Morsy.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Barnes averages a booking every 7 games over his career-he’s been sent off twice for 2 yellows but not since 2016/17 and he’s had 3 straight reds but none since 12/13.

Morsy averages a booking every 4 games, he’s only been sent off once for 2 yellows but he’s had 6 straight reds.

My money (or PUP’s money) is on a red card for Morsy.

And if Brandon Williams and Onel Hernandez play against each other you can bet there's a high chance of one of them getting a red

42 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

Exactly how I feel. Defeat is defeat, this is all about the manner of defeat. Put up a fight and narrowly lose and I’ll be ok, but lose our heads and capitulate a la Plymouth and the Huddersfield game will be pure poison if he’s still here.

our only hope is that Wagner genuinely isn’t looking for a pay off, wants to keep his job and the players want to keep him in a job and he and they pull a rabbit out of the hat.

I don't recall any manager in our history being sacked for losing to Ipswich. Wagner clearly isn't looking for a pay-off, as was demonstrated by his reaction to Idah's goal to Bristol City.

However, if we do fall apart and humiliate ourselves with error after error, then I would expect the fans to turn toxic in subsequent games. I just sense they/we are waiting for the opportunity.

But I agree if we are beaten by the better team, we just have to hold our hands up and say, well they were better and deserved it.

A win though and suddenly DW will be getting more Christmas Cards.

Hopefully the latter!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Yep. More boarded up shops and decline, coupled with below average intelligence from the populous. I can't see it improving much. They don't even have the world's fattest man anymore, which was quite a coup for them, so things really have gone downhill even further.

I don't think we have any right to crow about that when we have that grotesque ex HMSO building still standing in Norwich!!

2 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

I don't think we have any right to crow about that when we have that grotesque ex HMSO building still standing in Norwich!!

One of the more bizarre posts I remember seeing on here.  It's a pretty rare city in the UK that doesn't have something like that.

Also generally it's at times like this I remember why I chose my username.  If you can't take it on the chin sometimes then City is probably not the right club for you to support.

I remember going to CR for a beam back one time when they stuffed us properly.  More painful in a different way was when I went to their place for a 2-1 defeat, one of the goals we conceded being when Bryan Gunn was fooled by a bobble on their crappy pitch and did a complete air shot from a backpass by Robert Ullathorne which should have been completely innocuous (and went down as OG by Ullathorne, which I always felt was unfair on him).

Also I went to their place for the play-off semi 1st leg and when they equalised their fans went berserk and were surging towards us like something out of a zombie movie, it was pretty disgusting to see (I was glad to have a seat well towards the back of the stand).

Lots of respect to everyone making the trip in person tomorrow and I hope everyone makes it there and back safely.

We'll be 3 down by the time work finishes at 1.10 and I'll have to force myself to go to the pub to watch the second half. We'll score one early on in that. Then they'll get a player sent off and we'll pull it back to 3-3 in the 94th minute. 

The Orwell will have risen a foot by Sunday afternoon due to the tears of their fans.

48 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

Also generally it's at times like this I remember why I chose my username.  If you can't take it on the chin sometimes then City is probably not the right club for you to support.

I remember going to CR for a beam back one time when they stuffed us properly.  More painful in a different way was when I went to their place for a 2-1 defeat, one of the goals we conceded being when Bryan Gunn was fooled by a bobble on their crappy pitch and did a complete air shot from a backpass by Robert Ullathorne which should have been completely innocuous (and went down as OG by Ullathorne, which I always felt was unfair on him).

Also I went to their place for the play-off semi 1st leg and when they equalised their fans went berserk and were surging towards us like something out of a zombie movie, it was pretty disgusting to see (I was glad to have a seat well towards the back of the stand).

Lots of respect to everyone making the trip in person tomorrow and I hope everyone makes it there and back safely.

'Like something out of a zombie movie'

That's just like visiting any town in Suffolk after to be fair

10 minutes ago, vos said:

And the joke is:-  A man walks in to the pub with a dog wearing blue and white coat. "Pint of bitter please" says the man to barman. Barman says" thats a very handsome dog you have " thanks said the man "He's an Ipswich Town Fan" How do you know that says barman. "Well everytime Norwich beat Ipswich I can't do anything with him  He cries, won't eat, won't go for a walk" said the man. "Oh and what happens when Ipswich beat Norwich" asks the barman. "I don't know, I've only had him 14 years" said the man..

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, vos said:

And the joke is:-  A man walks in to the pub with a dog wearing blue and white coat. "Pint of bitter please" says the man to barman. Barman says" thats a very handsome dog you have " thanks said the man "He's an Ipswich Town Fan" How do you know that says barman. "Well everytime Norwich beat Ipswich I can't do anything with him  He cries, won't eat, won't go for a walk" said the man. "Oh and what happens when Ipswich beat Norwich" asks the barman. "I don't know, I've only had him 14 years" said the man..

I think this joke may have a short shelf life

• Haha 1