Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Ipswich Predictions

3 hours ago, It's Character Forming said:

Also generally it's at times like this I remember why I chose my username.  If you can't take it on the chin sometimes then City is probably not the right club for you to support.

I remember going to CR for a beam back one time when they stuffed us properly.  More painful in a different way was when I went to their place for a 2-1 defeat, one of the goals we conceded being when Bryan Gunn was fooled by a bobble on their crappy pitch and did a complete air shot from a backpass by Robert Ullathorne which should have been completely innocuous (and went down as OG by Ullathorne, which I always felt was unfair on him).

Also I went to their place for the play-off semi 1st leg and when they equalised their fans went berserk and were surging towards us like something out of a zombie movie, it was pretty disgusting to see (I was glad to have a seat well towards the back of the stand).

Lots of respect to everyone making the trip in person tomorrow and I hope everyone makes it there and back safely.

Back safely? It's not Beirut! (well it is a Sh1thole 😂

8 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

2-2

We squander a two goal lead with defensive blunders with a 10 man Town equaliser in the 96th minute.

This seems the most likely from all the predictions so far... and I have to say I'd bite your hand off for it  🤣 

I just can't see Wagner and his "coaching" staff coping with McKenna's. A sound defeat I think, hopefully no more than 3-0.

Wagner will then say we played well and that Fassnacht in particular had a good game, despite him ball-watching for the last two goals and that Hernandez was always a threat. He will go on to say that Gibbs is the best striker on the books and Maclean was again outstanding at centreback.

And they still won't sack him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Norwich are going to get creamed , big time. I think it will be 5 - 0 to Ipswich. Ipswich are a young, fit side with talent who move the ball quickly and run off the ball when in possession to create opportunities for the player with the ball. They have ideas and ambition. Contrast with Norwich who are old , full of players who are two yards too slow and tired after 30 minutes, who have no ideas and will not run for each other. The Norwich side is full of players who have no ambition to see promotion as they know they stand no chance whatsoever of being selected in a Premiership side ; a nice quiet middle of the table showing which will see them out to the end of their career before they slip into obscurity.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, kenfoggo said:

Norwich are going to get creamed , big time. I think it will be 5 - 0 to Ipswich. Ipswich are a young, fit side with talent who move the ball quickly and run off the ball when in possession to create opportunities for the player with the ball. They have ideas and ambition. Contrast with Norwich who are old , full of players who are two yards too slow and tired after 30 minutes, who have no ideas and will not run for each other. The Norwich side is full of players who have no ambition to see promotion as they know they stand no chance whatsoever of being selected in a Premiership side ; a nice quiet middle of the table showing which will see them out to the end of their career before they slip into obscurity.

OK Binner

4 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

I don't think we have any right to crow about that when we have that grotesque ex HMSO building still standing in Norwich!!

Have you been to Ipswich? The whole town is like that.

17 minutes ago, kenfoggo said:

Not a Binner. I am a realist.

It's OK if you've had a few beers mate. Being negative is terminal in some and after work beers aren't gunna help. 

53 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Is there any way that this can be postponed tomorrow??

NASA gave a warning in April of an impending meteor strike sometime this year. How poetic if it hits Portman Road when they are tanking us late into the second half tomorrow? 

5 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

NASA gave a warning in April of an impending meteor strike sometime this year. How poetic if it hits Portman Road when they are tanking us late into the second half tomorrow? 

I'd be all for that, were I not in the stadium myself....

3 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I'd be all for that, were I not in the stadium myself....

Special dispensation for most, only Delia left in the stadium trying to catch it in her wine flute. 

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

A fairly boring 1 all draw.

I think all on here would be very happy with that. We’ve started to improve a bit lately but they’re flying. You don’t get to 51 points in  20 games on luck alone. This is their best chance to beat us in ages and I think they will. Fancy us to score but I can only see a two goal defeat. I’ll go 3-1

11 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Adam Idah diving header to win it in injury time.

Adam Idah trips over his boot laces and it hits head and goes in ! you mean 

Norwich 1 Ipswich 7 

MA phones Mckenna and poaches him we go on to beat Ipswich  in play offs 

Edited by norfolkngood

2 hours ago, nu_matik said:

This seems the most likely from all the predictions so far... and I have to say I'd bite your hand off for it  🤣 

Boy are you going to be disappointed tomorrow if you think Wagner is capable of a draw there. 

Just now, S_81 said:

Boy are you going to be disappointed tomorrow if you think Wagner is capable of a draw there. 

A draw is absolutely possible. It's a little dad to see how negative and basic so many football minds are out there. Nailing your sad balls to the mast like a wet little martyr is sadly cute bit how about the flex that we were somehow the worst *****ng club in the universe and then oh... 3 points of play offs and 5 wins in 7?

Derby day is anyones. If we lose it'll likely be fair enough. To suggest we can't win? Or a draw? #WhatASadLittleLife

4 minutes ago, nu_matik said:

A draw is absolutely possible. It's a little dad to see how negative and basic so many football minds are out there. Nailing your sad balls to the mast like a wet little martyr is sadly cute bit how about the flex that we were somehow the worst *****ng club in the universe and then oh... 3 points of play offs and 5 wins in 7?

Derby day is anyones. If we lose it'll likely be fair enough. To suggest we can't win? Or a draw? #WhatASadLittleLife

I’ll be delighted if I’m wrong but I don’t see any evidence in our performances to suggest that we can get the equal or better of them at their place, in the form they are in. Not with this manager and his inability to often have an effective plan A, yet alone B.  

10 minutes ago, S_81 said:

I’ll be delighted if I’m wrong but I don’t see any evidence in our performances to suggest that we can get the equal or better of them at their place, in the form they are in. Not with this manager and his inability to often have an effective plan A, yet alone B.  

100%, sadly.

Ipswich are 2nd in the table (breaking records for points), have the best current form in the league and are formidable at home. In contrast,  we’ve not beat any side in the top six, and only two in the top half this season. Our form in terms of results is decent, but we’ve not produced a convincing performance since Huddersfield back in August. We’ve had our fair share of luck in the last 4 weeks too, and needed it. 

Nothing  logical points to a Norwich result tomorrow. Form goes out the window for a derby? Well it hasn’t for the last 14 years we’ve played them.

It’s not defeatist or cowardly to recognise that the odds are massively stacked against us. The shift in supremacy has been frightening. Tomorrow, and this season generally, has the hallmark of Lamberts Champs season. We were never losing that first game at Carrow Road. Never. It’ll be the same for Ipswich tomorrow.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

100%, sadly.

Ipswich are 2nd in the table (breaking records for points), have the best current form in the league and are formidable at home. In contrast,  we’ve not beat any side in the top six, and only two in the top half this season. Our form in terms of results is decent, but we’ve not produced a convincing performance since Huddersfield back in August. We’ve had our fair share of luck in the last 4 weeks too, and needed it. 

Nothing  logical points to a Norwich result tomorrow. Form goes out the window for a derby? Well it hasn’t for the last 14 years we’ve played them.

It’s not defeatist or cowardly to recognise that the odds are massively stacked against us. The shift in supremacy has been frightening. Tomorrow, and this season generally, has the hallmark of Lamberts Champs season. We were never losing that first game at Carrow Road. Never. It’ll be the same for Ipswich tomorrow.

Realism on here is so quickly shot down with accusations of being a ‘binner’ and such like. As if being negative (which is the reality of how some feel about still having Wagner in charge) makes a difference to the outcome anyhow. 
Each to their own but I’d rather not be blinkered about the situation. I’m in total agreement with your assessment. I think those who think the last five games have changed the season and we are suddenly a play off proposition under Wagner will be brought back to Earth with a bump tomorrow. Im expecting a score line that should get him sacked. 
 Prepare for the worst and hope for the best and all that. 

FFS.

So many crying already. Are they REALLY that good? I watched some of their game against Watford and they were for the taking. What can’t be denied is that they ARE taking chances, probably in excess of what would normally be expected. But ****’em. They are actually expecting to win. Leeds beat them and we should have beaten Leeds. Sara is due a goal, Nunez and Sainz have the ability to do something out of nothing and Rowe is clearly bang up for it. Gibbs birthday. Duffy due a header. This has got away win written all over it. COME ON YOU ****ING YELLOWS. 

• Like 2

We're going to go and upset them, the occasion is going to get to them, they EXPECT to run all over us and their overconfidence is their weakness. 

They will have the upper hand in the 1st half of the 1st half and score first, we will then score just before half time with AshBash flooring a center half and setting Sainz off to lay it across for a Idah derby goal. 

Second half we come out flying and get 2 quick fire goals around the 52nd and 54th minutes. One a Sara thunderbastard and a Shane Duffy bullet header to redeem himself in the eyes of the faithful. 

Ipswich then make 3 changes and get the upper hand and grab a wonder goal back in the 75th minute, we then park the bus and cling on to see it out riding our luck with a hatfull of Gunn saves, goal line clearances and the woodwork helping us out. 

Final score bin dippers 2 us 3.. 15 years and counting. Binners Christmases ruined. Play offs here we come. 

Edit: yes I am confident enough to bet this scenario! 🤣🤣

Screenshot_20231216-013948~2.png

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, kenfoggo said:

That’s an optimistic view, let’s keep our fingers cross3d you”re right.

3 hours ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

We're going to go and upset them, the occasion is going to get to them, they EXPECT to run all over us and their overconfidence is their weakness. 

They will have the upper hand in the 1st half of the 1st half and score first, we will then score just before half time with AshBash flooring a center half and setting Sainz off to lay it across for a Idah derby goal. 

Second half we come out flying and get 2 quick fire goals around the 52nd and 54th minutes. One a Sara thunderbastard and a Shane Duffy bullet header to redeem himself in the eyes of the faithful. 

Ipswich then make 3 changes and get the upper hand and grab a wonder goal back in the 75th minute, we then park the bus and cling on to see it out riding our luck with a hatfull of Gunn saves, goal line clearances and the woodwork helping us out. 

Final score bin dippers 2 us 3.. 15 years and counting. Binners Christmases ruined. Play offs here we come. 

Edit: yes I am confident enough to bet this scenario! 🤣🤣

Screenshot_20231216-013948~2.png

I like this take - OTBC