PurpleCanary

THE BIG INTERVIEW

2 hours ago, Mark .Y. said:

MJW: I think we had all had quite a lot to drink on that occasion.

I'm not D and MWJ's biggest critic, by a long way, but that statement really does appear to show a complete lack of professionalism.

Delia? Drinking? Never! She's always been sober even during that half time rant..

So she claims

2 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

This is very true, and something that this forum needs to bear in mind, during the good times and the bad. 

Good luck with that.

Well if she thinks it’s only 20% who moaning forget the Wagner out chants time for Delia Out chants instead then maybe she will get the message. Talk about out of touch with supporters. To not see why most have had enough is laughable. And to use Everton as an example why not to spend money when you could point to Other same size clubs as us where crucial  investment works is a joke . Self funding doesn’t work on its own . We want more than little old Norwich and potentially could be so much better ..and we not daft we know we we have limits but seriously if the club can’t be bothered to invest why should we in a failing product ?? She like an anchor to the ship dragging us back .. 

Edited by Wirecanary
  • Like 2

Just now, Wirecanary said:

Well if she thinks it’s only 20% who moaning forget the Wagner out chants time for Delia Out chants instead then maybe she will get the message. Talk about out of touch with supporters. To not see why most have had enough is laughable. 

This has to happen. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OnDaBall said:

It was extremely cringe worthy when Delia says how much she is relating to fans through The Lion and Castle and then immediately showing  absolute proof that she doesn't relate to fans at all by dismissing anyone who boos or is negative, as whingers and not real fans. It smacks to me of someone who has been in place for far too long and as such forgotten who the most important people are at any club, the fans.

Why aren't we Portsmouth?

I sometimes - often - wish that our fans were more positive - like Portsmouth, but as a whole we aren't - the expectation is too high. It's just different. But she doesn't come out with very sensible things sometimes. After all, saying about 20% whingers.....does she count those who travelled to and stood in the freezing cold at Watford and who were premusably what she called "whinging" ? 

5 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

We interviewed over 20 people for the sporting director role and went for the one guy who doesn't have any experience in the role?

Damage control in full swing

If we're limiting ourselves to only those who have done the role before, we'd be fishing in a tiny pool. There's a maximum of one at any club, and some clubs in this country don't even have one. 

By only looking at those with SD experience, we'd have two options:

Those who have held the position at a similar-sized or slightly bigger club are likely to have failed, and the ones who have succeeded would've done so at a much lower level.

Personally, I think picking someone who has experience of working at a massive club in a slightly lesser role is fine, and arguably the best option. If he can bring some of things that have made Arsenal's rebuild over the last couple of years successful, then we've got the right man.

• Like 2

As you know, I've never been a fan of Delia in a professional capacity as I've always felt she was never right for us and used the club as a vehicle rather than financial. I do know people that know her personally and says she very nice and generous, though a familiar line I hear is that business wise, 'she hasn't got a clue' though I think they mean in relation to the club, not outside of it. 

She had a led a very charmed life at NCFC and even going back to her drunken rant, she not only got away with it, but turned it to her advantage. Sir Arthur South called the Barclay 'Scum' and was booed for the rest of his days. 

I do wonder whether she feels so aggrieved of Webber leaving, she is taking a leaf from his playbook and criticising the people that matter most - the fans. Hypothetically, if say 50% of the fans stopped going, the takeover process would be a lot quicker than 3 years!

7 hours ago, king canary said:

The most reassuring point in there is MA saying he sees the loans as self funding.

The most concerning part is Delia and MWJ's complete rejection of any concern over governance. 

Now I'm confused - is self-funding good now? I thought is was the root of all evil?*

*BTW that is not a point specifically addressed to you - I know how sensitive you are to these things.

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

I sometimes - often - wish that our fans were more positive - like Portsmouth, but as a whole we aren't - the expectation is too high. It's just different. But she doesn't come out with very sensible things sometimes. After all, saying about 20% whingers.....does she count those who travelled to and stood in the freezing cold at Watford and who were premusably what she called "whinging" ? 

It's easy to just say, why aren't fans more positive, but after so many months of turgid football it can be very very difficult. Fans fall into different categories, some have been going for years, have seen it all and quietly just take the good times and bad times equally, whinging with mates and family around them, some are far more outwardly passionate and will be overall positive, but will call out poor performances or poor running of their club very vocally, and some of course will boo anything which they aren't happy about, even when things are generally going well. It's fine if you are one or the other, no one is more or less a supporter of the team because the moan or whinge louder than the other. Delia needs to realise that if large parts of the crowd are boo/whinging, it's because they passionately care, and of course spend a lot of money and time attending games. I for one have to work Saturday mornings, I'm quite often at the game just in time and am incredibly tired even before the game starts. To then see some of the performances that we have had to endure, it's very difficult to be all that positive. But according to Delia I am not a real fan.

11 minutes ago, Badger said:

Now I'm confused - is self-funding good now? I thought is was the root of all evil?*

*BTW that is not a point specifically addressed to you - I know how sensitive you are to these things.

Self funding has a different definition now. Attanasio's self funding means that they themselves can put money in as opposed to what it was before where we could only spend what we made through player sales or received as tv money.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Some of them are now highlighted in red, for your consideration.

You get out of football what you put into it. 

Those that are going to matches home and away week after week deserve to be heard. 

It's their money and time being invested to help the team.

If what they are being given is below standard they have every right to show that.

Do you hear me Delia ?

I have now spoken to 6 season ticket holders that, as things stand, do not intend to renew.

Do you hear me Delia ?

Has anyone supported the views of our illustrious leader? Or have all the S&J supports put their fingers in their ears with the lalalalalala's chiming out loudly? 

Whingers? Shove it up your Ãrsé and to the left. 

5 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Has anyone supported the views of our illustrious leader? Or have all the S&J supports put their fingers in their ears with the lalalalalala's chiming out loudly? 

Whingers? Shove it up your Ãrsé and to the left. 

Well if we're all going to start applying the 80/20 rule I'd say 20% are supportive and 80% want her gone asap.

What I thought would be a dour AGM dominated by boring financial drivel, actually appears to have turned out to be a PR disaster.

Quite extraordinary, but I guess goes in keeping with the club in general nowadays.

• Like 1

Honestly, Delia came across soo incredibly badly on the interviews. She clearly now sees our "divorcee" supporters in a low light and firmly believes Stuart Webber is a god who was hard done by. It feels like they've built up an us vs them mentality in their ivory tower. I think they need to go now. She kept barking on about how we don't know anything. We have no idea. Maybe be more transparent then? I think the fans would accept downward form occasionally provided there was a clear bigger picture project laid out. Give us something to get behind and support, but when you go from exciting football with a strong academy and a clear picture on where we want to be to signing free transfer 33 year olds, after signing Dean Smith, it's pretty clear that they were throwing mud at walls and hoping some of it to stick.

Edited by Michael Starr
  • Like 4

Its really time the fans start voicing and demonstrating their feelings alot more loudly now- 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Wirecanary said:

Well if she thinks it’s only 20% who moaning forget the Wagner out chants time for Delia Out chants instead then maybe she will get the message. Talk about out of touch with supporters. To not see why most have had enough is laughable. And to use Everton as an example why not to spend money when you could point to Other same size clubs as us where crucial  investment works is a joke . Self funding doesn’t work on its own . We want more than little old Norwich and potentially could be so much better ..and we not daft we know we we have limits but seriously if the club can’t be bothered to invest why should we in a failing product ?? She like an anchor to the ship dragging us back .. 

She was always a big mate of Bill Kenwright former owner of Everton.

1 hour ago, KeiranShikari said:

Self funding has a different definition now. Attanasio's self funding means that they themselves can put money in as opposed to what it was before where we could only spend what we made through player sales or received as tv money.

I'm not sure that it was ever "defined." As it seems that MA is charging interest on the money he is lending us, the main difference for this this "model of self-funding," is that we are paying interest to a director rather than to a bank.

There is a not insignificant advantage to this in that a director is less likely to foreclose, but interest is still interest and it means that there will be less money to spend on the team than if we had not borrowed in the first place. It's a shame that we took up the urge to borrow loads just as interest rates were moving to a generational high.

Whatever your view , I think this now qualifies as a PR failure. 

The club have been briefing on the negativity of the fans for a while. I’ve been to a few functions where players attend and they have mentioned it . Carrow Road is quiet / toxic . Delia has taken it to next level here. 

Fans of Delia should make the most of her having such a public free rein at these meetings. It isn’t going to happen many more times. Being a matriarch is great. Being a loose cannon giving an already alienated media these kind of sound bites is a nightmare. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mrdi said:

WE ONLY SING WHEN WE’RE WHINGING

SING WHEN WE’RE WHIIIINGING

I really hope this gets sung at the next home game

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

I really hope this gets sung at the next home game

I'll be listening out for the pompey chimes at Bristol.

7 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

I'll be listening out for the pompey chimes at Bristol.

We also need our drummer to put on some serious weight if we are going to compete with pompey...

The Pinkun have this whole interview online on YouTube. To me Delia almost seems drunk in the interview, as an example when asked about the fans she says “80% of our footballers are the best supporters in the world” which makes absolutely no sense.

She almost came across disingenuous and laughable. Talking about her admiration of Pompey because they still sing if they are 6-0 down. So what we have higher standards as fans than Portsmouth because we are upset if we are losing? if she likes Portsmouth so much why doesn’t she **** off there! 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

The Pinkun have this whole interview online on YouTube. To me Delia almost seems drunk in the interview, as an example when asked about the fans she says “80% of our footballers are the best supporters in the world” which makes absolutely no sense.

She almost came across disingenuous and laughable. Talking about her admiration of Pompey because they still sing if they are 6-0 down. So what we have higher standards as fans than Portsmouth because we are upset if we are losing? if she likes Portsmouth so much why doesn’t she **** off there! 

“Here for the **** up, she’s just here for the **** up, here for the **** up…” 🥂🥂🥂