cambridgeshire canary

*official lappinitup match thread Hornets V Canaries*

Long has to save the first. The second, the deflection is unfortunate although Stacey can take some blame. 

Shame confidence is so fragile we've not been able to regain any control of the game.

Another really awkward deflection just then. 

Edited by hogesar

3 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Bad thing about playing both Batth and Duffy is we have no pace so they drop so deep so quick. Watford are half way in their half and out back 4 is half the way back to our goal. 

Something a CDM would a fix... Oh wait. We don't need those do we 🤣

In training Sainz must fall over and swing an arm instead of a leg when he tries to kick a ball to not get a look in over Fassnacht and Hernandez.

11 minutes ago, mrdi said:

Well, this aged about as well as our two-goal lead…

Then you misunderstood. 

It wasn't in relation to us taking the lead, which was obvious in, you know, the words I used...

But you read whatever helps your point flower.

1 minute ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

First 15

We were ok defensively but we weren't on top I'd say. It was more us keeping them at arms length imo. 

I try not to moan about our players, but Kenny's had a shocker so far tonight.  

Just now, Jim Smith said:

29% possession so far. These really are pathetic, schoolboy tactics 

I’m surprised it’s that much. I think Long probably has the highest pass completion % in our side and even he is now resorting to hopeful punts upfield. Once the ball advances into the middle third, we literally can’t string two or three passes together. And nobody is capable of doing anything with the ball on their own either. We genuinely look like a non-league team trying to sh*thouse our way to a cup shock away at a league side here. 

1 minute ago, repman said:

We were ok defensively but we weren't on top I'd say. It was more us keeping them at arms length imo. 

Yes 2-0 up is pretty arms length. Almost like we had been on top for the first 15 mins..

1 minute ago, Flying Dutchman said:

Then you misunderstood. 

It wasn't in relation to us taking the lead, which was obvious in, you know, the words I used...

But you read whatever helps your point flower.

‘Flower’, aw bless you munchkin. Mwah x

1 minute ago, NWC said:

He's being asked to do a job he's woefully inequipped to do. And he's unsurprisingly awful at it.

2 minutes ago, NWC said:

No one looks great, we are all over the place. 

What is he wanting for not making subs. This is dreadful waiting for a dreadful watford team to score making this dross look like Barcelona. Get the subs on you bell 🔔 

3 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

In training Sainz must fall over and swing an arm instead of a leg when he tries to kick a ball to not get a look in over Fassnacht and Hernandez.

Fassnacht can at least help defensively. I'm not sure what Onel is supposed to be providing other than free kicks for the opposition 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Doesn't make any sense does it, Fas has lost the ball & put us in danger so much tonight. Hernandez hasn't contributed anything. 

8 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Long has to save the first. The second, the deflection is unfortunate although Stacey can take some blame. 

Shame confidence is so fragile we've not been able to regain any control of the game.

Another really awkward deflection just then. 

Wish we'd have kept Krul

1 minute ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Yes 2-0 up is pretty arms length. Almost like we had been on top for the first 15 mins..

Maybe it's a matter of semantics but I really don't think we were dominating at any point, we scored right away and began sitting back immediately. It's not a sustainable way of playing at all.

1 minute ago, Channon’s Windmill said:

What a really odd game this is, never seen so many individual errors from both teams.

I think its because they're two crap teams.