KiwiScot

****Official Lappinitup Match Thread - Cardiff V Norwich****

Just now, CANARYKING said:

Hanley still not ready

Not sure anyone thought he'd be available until the new year. Amazing we're even talking about him playing in November, really.

For weeks the problem has been that we push both full backs forward far too much. When we lose possession and get caught on the break the midfield of Sara and Kenny are totally over run. 

So today we pick two full backs who play even more like wingers! We’re actually playing with four wide players and a guy in the middle who has limited heading ability.

2 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

...Financially?

But we've had two recent seasons there and still the finances look worrying. I'd like to see us there for the fact we would have had a good season on the pitch. 

It’s another ridiculous selection by Wagner, both usual centre backs are out so you’d expect to have kept at least one experienced and game fit full back in the team( Stacey for me),

Sticking with Sara and McLean which has been our obvious Achilles heel most the season .

Saimz still not starting !

one thing I will say in his defence is that if you look at the bench it dies show how injuries mean he has a really week squad of players

• Like 1

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Batth is playing? There is a god after all

Doubt it will be enough to keep  clean sheet but I live in hope

Oh, come on. At least back your man.

McCallum has to be held back as emergency cover for CB hence Placheta at LB.

If Cardiff overload our left today we could be in trouble as neither Rowe or Placheta are great without the ball.

1 minute ago, Unthink road said:

But we've had two recent seasons there and still the finances look worrying. I'd like to see us there for the fact we would have had a good season on the pitch. 

I still cant see how it would be better for a 'self funded club' to not be in the premier league rather than in it??

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

...Financially?

The money would pay the dept. We'd still be stuck with this bunch of over the hill losers.In the EPL. Would'nt bear thinking about.If we were embarrassing last time,with this lot,I dread to think.

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Batth is playing? There is a god after all

Doubt it will be enough to keep  clean sheet but I live in hope

Huge game for Batth. This may be his one and only appearance. Can't believe he'll be anywhere near up to speed but we shall see.

With Forshaw and Sorenson both out injured , I'm not actually sure what else he could do in midfield?.....but he made his own bed here by not signing a defensive midfielder in the summer..and now he must lie in it.

Unfortunately this neglect also means the next manager also must too, until January

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

It's happening. Przemek starting at left back! I'd hope we can be more dangerous on the counter here, but that implies we've got some solidity under pressure, which is not something we've had.

That said, we probably have more pace in our back four with Batth and Warner as the centre-halves and Przemek can always be relied upon to run himself into the ground.

8 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I still cant see how it would be better for a 'self funded club' to not be in the premier league rather than in it??

Sulf funding requires everything to go perfect. Unfortunately that's very rare in football. A mixture of both maybe they way to go. Then the question is what should we expect from Sulf funding? Is surviving at a certain level or is it to push for promotion? The problem is obviously players wages, if you go up the double. If you want to keep those players if you're relegated then they still want top wages. As we all seen with the Premier league, ten years ago 20m was a big signing, now it's almost entry level. 

3 minutes ago, Clever Farke said:

Oh Wagner. That team is a Hail Mary, but at least Delia would approve. 

They can have a chat where it went wrong today on the flight home. 

17 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

McCallum has to be held back as emergency cover for CB hence Placheta at LB.

If Cardiff overload our left today we could be in trouble as neither Rowe or Placheta are great without the ball.

'We could be in trouble'

Just like every week then?

18 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

That line up is very League 1

My exact thoughts too. Maybe he really is trying his best to get sacked 😅

I think we've got to the stage where whichever combination of eleven he picks he'll get carpeted. At least he's changed it up a bit again.

Anyway he's gone after today, let's just hope we can pick something up. A point would be a decent result all things considered. 

6 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

I think we've got to the stage where whichever combination of eleven he picks he'll get carpeted. At least he's changed it up a bit again.

Anyway he's gone after today, let's just hope we can pick something up. A point would be a decent result all things considered. 

'Hes gone after today'

Hedge your bets. Another phone call from Delia pledging her full support to him if we lose?

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

5 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

He started it. He's the one screaming about how people should be given the chance to make match threads and then goes and makes his 8 hours before kickoff all i'm doing is just holding him to his own standard.

But sure insult me and call me pathetic cheers love you too

Lets keep this secret and between us - why not start the QPR thread today - that will stuff up the antipodean upstart

• Haha 1

A few people are saying they want us to lose so that we get rid of Wagner. I disagree. If we could somehow get a win today and then beat QPR, we'd be solidly mid-table instead of what we seem to be at the moment, which is freefalling into the bottom three. That would buy Knapper some time to sort out what he wants to do. Personally I'd be happy with that.

• Like 3