cambridgeshire canary

Talks have been held about Wagners future

53 minutes ago, Fen Canary said:

I disagree, the only ones that matter are those that attend matches

Agree completely. If you stop going you are irrelevant (except as "experts" pontificating on social media).

3 hours ago, canarybubbles said:

If I were Wagner, knowing I was going to be sacked anyway, I would pick a suicidal formation for the Cardiff game as a way of giving the board the middle finger. And if I was still there for QPR, I'd go even more suicidal.

Sadly, Wagner seems a nice guy and won't do this - the kind of nice guy that cheap wannabes like Webber use to help them climb the greasy pole. 

Like everything about our club now, it stinks.

This might explain why he continues to pick Duffy!

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Badger said:

Agree completely. If you stop going you are irrelevant (except as "experts" pontificating on social media).

I think everyone has a right to have an opinion. The thing is some opinions should be weighted heavier than others. That’s why after all we have experts in relevant fields who we seek educated views from. I don’t believe just because you attend a game you are all of a sudden an expert. My mother goes to games she’s in her 70’s in the river end, she’s a lovely women but a complete moron when it comes to football views. 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

I think everyone has a right to have an opinion. The thing is some opinions should be weighted heavier than others. That’s why after all we have experts in relevant fields who we seek educated views from. I don’t believe just because you attend a game you are all of a sudden an expert. My mother goes to games she’s in her 70’s in the river end, she’s a lovely women but a complete moron when it comes to football views. 

Does she use this forum? As I could suggest a few names that she may be posting as 

10 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Logging on to the pinkun to absolutely body your own mother is incredible. Fair play.

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, S_81 said:

I’m imagining you, whispy thinning grey hair, brandy in hand, gently stroking Delia’s hair after her tough day having to countenance that her wonderful appointments may be yet more poor judgment in the eyes of others 

That sounds so much like a Fast Show sketch ..........

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Badger said:

You’re the kind of little b1tch that turns up to the games, doesn’t say a word, and then comes on here to whinge about what he saw and play the big man. 

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

There’s another like your mum who sits in the directors box but she’s in her 80’s! 

Only kidding! 

After a long day I’m of the opinion we need time to digest and bring in a new coach one who fits Knappers visions. I’m sure he’s got his mind on potential candidates, will just say I’m surprised Norwich aren’t looking at Liam Mannimg given his Norwich connection, looks looks Oxford will lose him to Bristol.

So if you ask me a stand in probably won’t make much difference as the players wait for the changes above and if they genuinely feel they’re letting Wagner down we might get a reaction this weekend, I take a win any win! Sort of not bothered if he goes or stays short term, shame knapper isn’t coming in this week!

Edited by Indy

What all of this further goes to show is how badly we treated Farke.

A man who won us the league twice, once after having been relegated the season before, who was sent to war with no weaponry in the Premier League and who had a fantastic relationship with the supporters and had proven to be the holy grail in terms of making the academy bear fruit.

This man got 11 games into a new 4 year contract before he was brutally sacked in the away dressing room after the first win of the season.

Smith and Wagner have achieved nothing at this club, yet both been shown far more loyalty than Farke was. It's baffling.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

This man got 11 games into a new 4 year contract before he was brutally sacked in the away dressing room after the first win of the season.

And it's been down hill ever since.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ricardo said:

And it's been down hill ever since.

Certainly has and Webber is the constant, just maybe the wrong man was sacked!

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, king canary said:

Logging on to the pinkun to absolutely body your own mother is incredible. Fair play.

Don’t get me wrong I love my mum but she shouldn’t be allowed to make any decisions on football. She’s the type who falls for all the fake posts on Facebook and shares them like they are from the BBC. 😂

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

A man who won us the league twice, once after having been relegated the season before, who was sent to war with no weaponry in the Premier League and who had a fantastic relationship with the supporters and had proven to be the holy grail in terms of making the academy bear fruit.

Smith and Wagner have achieved nothing at this club, yet both been shown far more loyalty than Farke was. It's baffling.

Such a juxtaposition of how ruthless they were to of gotten rid of one of our most successful managers of the modern era but seem utterly blindfolded to all the catastrophe that’s come after. 

• Like 1

The biggest pity of all of this is that it could have all been so different if Wagner had just signed a good defensive midfielder (or two), I genuinely think this is the only thing stopping us being a good side in this league.

Take the first half vs Leeds, only 2 weeks ago. Some of the possession football we played was genuinely impressive ,and against most sides in this league ,going 2-0 up would have seen us win, put a good defensive midfielder in there and we win that game too

Unfortunately the nature of how that game panned out has knocked confidence so much that we havent played anything like that football against inferior sides to Leeds since...and even if we did, know that the back door is always wide open for the opposition to expolit .

Sadly Wagner's failure or unwillingness or belief to not sign this kind of midfielder has not only cost him his job , but also leaves the next manager without one until we stumble toward the January window  . Unfortunately there are a fair few games between now and then...

The irony is had Webber still been in a position of influence he would likely have sacked Wagner.

Quite remarkable Wagner treated so leniently having zero credit in the bank compared to Farke.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Indy said:

Certainly has and Webber is the constant, just maybe the wrong man was sacked!

Maybe?

2 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Well, we often see posts with an opening salvo of "I'm in business" so hopefully there will be a definitive answer.

I've always imagined him in a leather chair in his underwater lair stroking a long-haired white cat.

Club doesn’t have the wherewithal to replace him.     How do they pick a replacement?  Recruitment is incompetent so no point giving out another contract on a whim!   Give it to Neil Adams for a while to give Ben Knapper time to sort the club out.    

I have posted a thread ‘Prioriies’, be interested in fans thoughts.   

Delia hand picked Attanasio. Delia hand picked Knapper. Therefore both must be totally and utterly useless. Explains where we are and how we got to where we are.

11 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Club doesn’t have the wherewithal to replace him.     How do they pick a replacement?  Recruitment is incompetent so no point giving out another contract on a whim!   Give it to Neil Adams for a while to give Ben Knapper time to sort the club out.    

I have posted a thread ‘Prioriies’, be interested in fans thoughts.   

You don't know any of that Ged. All you know is change is happening.

28 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I've always imagined him in a leather chair in his underwater lair stroking a long-haired white cat.

You mean Ernst Stavro Blofeld?

4 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

You don't know any of that Ged. All you know is change is happening.

Opinion based on the overwhelming evidence in front of us!  

Edited by ged in the onion bag

2 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Opinion based on the evidence in front of us!  

Yep. but the real evidence is not in front of us. Most stuff we only find out much later. Change is happening. The end of the month will reveal some. It's probably right that shareholders hear it first?

• Like 1

i think maybe Knapper and his New manager want to start the project together ,

not really right for a new Manager if he knows knapper to start before his boss ,

i do not think it is right Wagner is still here and so much loyalty is being shown but must be a reason 

58 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

It's beyond baffling. It's beyond logic, it's actually beyond credulity. Four year contract on the strength of a record breaking season, torn up in the most ruthless of ways after eleven games. It was one of those moments you don't forget - struggling each week, willing on the team to get a win, willing Farke to find a way - and the euphoria and release of emotion at finally getting that win - and to have that taken away whilst still in that height of emotion - was totally shocking. I couldn't believe it. I literally couldn't believe it - the press had got it wrong, it was inconceivable that a manager would be sacked like that............yet now we are in freefall in the championship with no signs of improving and the manager is staying.  I'm not one to call for sackings normally, but how can keeping Wagner on be justified? it just doesn't make any sense regardless of take overs/new SDs etc.  

I wish him luck against Cardiff - I really hope he wins and some of the pressure taken off, but the big mistake is still haunting us - the Farke sacking - we had the right man in, we'd even got him on a four year contract and we know he doesn't break contracts - we had him hooked - people call him "the master of championship promotion" and we threw him away. That's not a love in on my part - it's the truth - everything that has gone wrong since is down to that one decision.  How Wagner stays with his record is surreal, I'm guessing we can't afford to sack him, but really, in all honesty, the situation is bonkers. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It's beyond baffling. It's beyond logic, it's actually beyond credulity. Four year contract on the strength of a record breaking season, torn up in the most ruthless of ways after eleven games.

This is hilarious. 10 games and 2 points and dismissal is bad treatment?

Bonkers.

Webber's judged on the net position over his tenure, which is that on the pitch we're pretty much back to where we started. If Farke had run the whole season then he'd have been back to where he started as well.

Great guy, but the level of fawning is getting to the point where you should maybe give up supporting Norwich and just support whatever club Farke is at.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

5 hours ago, Indy said:

There’s another like your mum who sits in the directors box but she’s in her 80’s! 

Only kidding! 

After a long day I’m of the opinion we need time to digest and bring in a new coach one who fits Knappers visions. I’m sure he’s got his mind on potential candidates, will just say I’m surprised Norwich aren’t looking at Liam Mannimg given his Norwich connection, looks looks Oxford will lose him to Bristol.

So if you ask me a stand in probably won’t make much difference as the players wait for the changes above and if they genuinely feel they’re letting Wagner down we might get a reaction this weekend, I take a win any win! Sort of not bothered if he goes or stays short term, shame knapper isn’t coming in this week!

I think people are reading too much into “vision” and “identity”. I just want a manager who can get the best out of the players we can afford. Football tactics and playing styles come and go with the fashion of the time (target men, sweepers, diamonds, defensive midfielders, pressing game etc) and they last as long as it takes enough opponents to figure out a way to beat it.

Having the whole club welded to a particular playing style may be ok for Man City with infinite money to buy the exact players to fit it, but at our level there will always be compromises on who we get so it won’t always be possible