cambridgeshire canary

Talks have been held about Wagners future

2 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

I mean those who 'pay up, turn up and shut up'! They are either fully in awe of The Cook (even after all these years) or moan behind cupped hands but refuse to do anything else.    

And what do you do?

1 minute ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

I love these posts imagining what people they’ve never met look like.

I'm imagining you, warm glow of the computer monitor upon your face, wearing a stetson for some reason, loving these posts imagining what nutty and S_81 look like imagining each other. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

This isn't nice for Wagner either, is it? I know he's failed badly but he's always given 100% and at least did his best to try to mend the relationship between the fans and the club that was destroyed by Webber's and Dean Smith's disdain. 

And his reward for that is being left as a dead duck manager, just waiting for the guillotine to drop, and taking most of the flak from the fans, flak which should largely be aimed at Webber, the Board, and the owners.

I'm ashamed of my club. I know that sounds kind of pompous, but I'm sure lots of other fans must feel exactly the same.

I mean, I get your point but ultimately he could just resign.

He has given 100%, tried to get the fans onside etc.

Equally he has seriously underperformed in his job for months and won't resign because he'll want an extra payoff for not performing.

If he doesn't want all the flak he has a real easy way out...

1 minute ago, Badger said:

For clarity then, are you happy to condemn a situation where:

"Once it gets to the stage where people at the club are turned on and fear for their own safety at the ground, it tends to be the breaking point"

For clarity...I'm observing that this is an inevitable consequence that it would escalate to....just as it did last season

...but one that should / could so easily be avoided for all concerned

1 hour ago, canarybubbles said:

If I were Wagner, knowing I was going to be sacked anyway, I would pick a suicidal formation for the Cardiff game as a way of giving the board the middle finger. And if I was still there for QPR, I'd go even more suicidal.

He's literally doing that every week already. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Well if knapper has sanctioned that decision he’s clueless and he’s lost my support already. If they think they can placate us by saying Stew might leave a bit earlier whilst we waste another two or three games they can sod off..  

1 minute ago, yellowrider120 said:

I mean those who 'pay up, turn up and shut up'! They are either fully in awe of The Cook (even after all these years) or moan behind cupped hands but refuse to do anything else.    

Ive been going since long before the cook even turned up and things were little different  then. There's a bloke near me that goes apoplectic when things go wrong, personally I just boo a bit for all the good it will do.

The idea that any of us has the power to affect a change that suits us better is laughable. Wagner will run out of time just as all the others before him have. Events as always, will determine where and when.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Says the guy who pays up, turns up and watches protests from a safe distance.

More blaming of the fans @Indy let's be avin you...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

I expect Danny Batth will be asking if it will be worth getting on the team bus for Cardiff.

They will be flying Tilly 

1 hour ago, Highland Canary said:

There is no toxicity only apathy among the fan base. The disconnect will take years to correct. Of course he’s staying - only the backlash following the December humiliation might change matters by which time we’ll likely be in the relegation positions.

You can’t correct a disconnect you don’t acknowledge exists and that’s the clubs position, there isn’t one.

Just now, Hucks6 said:

They will be flying Tilly 

When the parachute payments run out surely thats a privilege that will be cut?

How many mid-lower Championship clubs fly to away games???....is that the norm?...

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

Ive been going since long before the cook even turned up and things were little different  then. There's a bloke near me that goes apoplectic when things go wrong, personally I just boo a bit for all the good it will do.

The idea that any of us has the power to affect a change that suits us better is laughable. Wagner will run out of time just as all the others before him have. Events as always, will determine where and when.

I can remember in "the late 60s" going with my grandad and everybody throwing their cushions on the pitch!

Things have changed in some respects though - the turnover of managers is much quicker. Very few get the chance to build a team and go through a series of rough patches even in their first year - Farke did, but who did before that?

2 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Here, here.

That being said, I'll still wear the Pukki shirt on matchdays that I thinks makes us win more 😉

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

Indeed Rickyyyyyy I don't go back as far as you but I learned very quickly that "Zigger Zigger Zigger Watling is a n****r" was hateful and achieved nothing.

Eventually the events that determine change come from someone else's wallet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Badger said:

I can remember in "the late 60s" going with my grandad and everybody throwing their cushions on the pitch!

Things have changed in some respects though - the turnover of managers is much quicker. Very few get the chance to build a team and go through a series of rough patches even in their first year - Farke did, but who did before that?

Bristol City game if memory serves, gates down to 12k. 

6 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:
8 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Well if knapper has sanctioned that decision he’s clueless and he’s lost my support already. If they think they can placate us by saying Stew might leave a bit earlier whilst we waste another two or three games they can sod off..  

Has this statement been verified?

I saw someone had mentioned it earlier above...

3 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

Here, here.

That being said, I'll still wear the Pukki shirt on matchdays that I thinks makes us win more 😉

We all have our superstitions and they work until they don't. 

Edited by ricardo

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

How many mid-lower Championship clubs fly to away games???....is that the norm?...

They probably don’t. We booked when we were flying high.

Naturally we took the ‘ no cancellation ‘ option to save a few pennies now but confident of PL riches next August ( big smile )

Just now, ......and Smith must score. said:

They probably don’t. We booked when we were flying high.

Naturally we took the ‘ no cancellation ‘ option to save a few pennies now but confident of PL riches next August ( big smile )

You're behind the times again Smiffy. It's all about transatlantic flights now...

Just now, ricardo said:

We all have our superstitions and they work untilnthey don't. 

Quite, though I'm fairly sure it's a detergent issue this season and normal service will be resumed shortly. Lenor hasn't been putting in the performances we were hoping for.

1 hour ago, Virtual reality said:

Worth highlighting its the international break afterwards so maybe they will act then. It could be a case of working on targets now so someone is ready to come in over the break. 

That’s irrelevant. We’d have a better chance of winning on Saturday with anyone else in charge than David Wagner. And I mean anyone 

43 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Very true Tilly. I suppose it enables us all to get it off our collective chests.

Back in the day I used to kick the garage door when I got home but that just annoyed Mrs R and frightened the cat. I have calmed with age and now realise that these ups and downs are just part of the rich pagent of experience that we enjoy as NCFC supporters.

The idea that we can affect change is an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. Some people think they can affect results by wearing different socks or pants, maybe they can but I wouldnt  bet on it.

At some stage things will turn up again and none of it will be due to something people post on here.

I’m not sure that’s true and if it is it’s a pretty depressing take.

While a post on here will indeed do little, 25000+ voices do have influence if used as has been proven time and again throughout football.

Social media changed the world for better and worse. We’d have BK8 as a sponsor if there was no influence.

Apathy is so much worse than anger. Anger shows people are still passionate, apathy is the death of passion.

I don’t get to as many games as I’d like so I’d never tell those who go to all how to act, but I’d hope they don’t feel like there is no point in voicing how they feel.

4 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Indeed Rickyyyyyy I don't go back as far as you but I learned very quickly that "Zigger Zigger Zigger Watling is a n****r" was hateful and achieved nothing.

Eventually the events that determine change come from someone else's wallet.

If you dont  like periods of suffering then you won't  like being a City supporter. It happens a regular intervals and they can be short or long and I am living proof that they are survivable. Mind you, I still haven't got over selling Ron Davies for 50k.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, S_81 said:

He was involved in the talks today. He’s the new Sporting Director. Wagner remains in post. My conclusion from that is he will run his own rule over the situ once in post. Wagner is here for weeks yet if so 

The talks were after the Sunderland game. Knapper, even though he was involved then, is now still three weeks away from becoming the sporting director, during which time there is an international break. A classic time to fire a manager, or at least to sort out whether they will be fired and if so who is the permanent replacement.

That Wagner is going to be in charge this weekend is no evidence that he will be in charge much longer, let alone for your claim that Knapper is keeping him on, and there was nothing in the story to back that up.You just wanted it to be the case so you could moan even louder.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

While a post on here will indeed do little, 25000+ voices do have influence if used as has been proven time and again throughout football.

Social media changed the world for better and worse. We’d have BK8 as a sponsor if there was no influence.

Apathy is so much worse than anger. Anger shows people are still passionate, apathy is the death of passion.

I don’t get to as many games as I’d like so I’d never tell those who go to all how to act, but I’d hope they don’t feel like there is no point in voicing how they feel.

....thats the shirt sponsor currently being worn by / good enough for a club like Aston Villa

...whilst a small section of our fanbase cost the club £3.5m in lost revenue

3 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

If it makes you feel better then knock yourself out. Then when Wagners gone and things get better you can claim you made it happen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coneys Knee said:

I wonder how much the payout would be? Might time dust the old blanket down and run round the perimeter of CR for everybody’s lose change (or Apple Pay)

People at the club really need to be banned from dishing out rolling 12 month notice periods as well. Zoe is on the same.  no doubt negotiated hard with herself over that one!

7 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

That’s irrelevant. We’d have a better chance of winning on Saturday with anyone else in charge than David Wagner. And I mean anyone 

I struggle to disagree but then again a lot said the same about Dean Smith and yet here we are.

Just like when people said the same about Worthy. 

Then Grant.

Then Roeder..