cambridgeshire canary

Talks have been held about Wagners future

1 minute ago, S_81 said:

I understand that, I do. But you need to also understand that fans don’t just exist inside the ground. And some of us will do what we think it takes to make a stand about how unacceptable what’s gone on in recent times is. Even if that cuts our nose off to spite our face 

Excuse me if I decline your advice to self-harm!

51 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

...shame it will have to come to this, they could have relieved Wagner whilst maintaining a bit of dignity in tact

....but seems it will have to now turn personal,nasty and possibily even violent to get these f#cking imcompetent amatuers to act

They’ve learned nothing from the Smith appointment and subsequently his sacking it seems. 

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Of course it has ricardo but not since the day the internet took over running the world.

Very true Tilly. I suppose it enables us all to get it off our collective chests.

Back in the day I used to kick the garage door when I got home but that just annoyed Mrs R and frightened the cat. I have calmed with age and now realise that these ups and downs are just part of the rich pagent of experience that we enjoy as NCFC supporters.

The idea that we can affect change is an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. Some people think they can affect results by wearing different socks or pants, maybe they can but I wouldnt  bet on it.

At some stage things will turn up again and none of it will be due to something people post on here.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, S_81 said:

with my feet. After Webber’s tenure got extended, he blew our budget on dross, and went on to ridicule our fan base, including with that 90% stance. The owners left him to do it, unchallenged. His latter legacy is still now playing out. I don’t think some of you (you included) realise how much damage that has done. 

I may well return if I have confidence in the credibility of the decision making  from now on - and the standard of product improves. 

You won’t ever understand such protest. You keep turning up, doing nothing, and shouting down people on here who question the club. You’re notorious for the latter 

Each to their own but I don’t think fans wanting to go to the games to support their club through “thick and thin” is a problem.

The problem is the acceptance whilst in the stadium. The heat needs to be turned up, inside and outside of the stadium. I really don’t think not going makes a huge statement. Turning up but staying outside the stadium in protest I’d like to see. Or failing that, ramping up the message inside would be a start.

1 minute ago, Samwam27 said:

If I was Wagner I would look at selecting a completely different 11 for Cardiff.

That addresses those that aren't playing for him, or who give a t*ss. It also kicks them up the backside and they might put a shift in, knowing a new manager might be incoming. Nothing to lose by this

Over the last 6 or 7 games , he's tried everyone in his squad (except Batth)...either starting them or bringing on as sub...or vice versa, with the same results

He's run out of things to try....the only thing left to do is to replace the manager

• Thanks 1

I just hope that Knapper being involved in these discussions was him basically being told to get to work on deciding who the next manager should be. No new person would have much of an impact between now and Saturday and with the international break coming up too it would in fact give them a little bit of time to talk to the players. (I still think you could sack Wagner just to try give everyone a bit of a boost).

One of my biggest problems with Webber has been his lack of due process when hiring managers. It feels like every time he has his choice and doesn't shift from that. Smith was a bit different but the moment he became available and was seemingly up for the job it shifted to him. This also is no doubt linked to the board being completely hands off over the past few years.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

I think it’s a dangerous game they’re playing for themselves as every game they leave Wagner in charge builds resentment towards them. We all know Wagner is gone at some Point in the near future. They could ease the pressure on themselves by getting rid. Keeping him will, I’m convinced, only act to turn more people against the ownership. Dangerous and somewhat ignorant move by the so called “leaders” of this club. 

The heat simply has to be turned up against delia and MWJ, forget Wagner and Webber, they are dead men walking. It’s our only chance.

And Zoe Webber. She needs to go too.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Thanks, I thought it always had 12 months to run. But whatever it is I believe there will be accountability clauses that roll over with it. 

You would hope so Nutty wouldn’t you ? Then again it is Norwich we’re talking about here 🙂

2 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Very true Tilly. I suppose it enables us all to get it off our collective chests.

Back in the day I used to kick the garage door when I got home but that just annoyed Mrs R and frightened the cat. I have calmed with age and now realise that these ups and downs are just part of the rich pagent of experience that we enjoy as NCFC supporters.

The idea that we can affect change is an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. Some people think they can affect results by wearing different socks or pants, maybe they can but I wouldnt  bet on it.

At some stage things will turn up again and none of it will be due to something people post on here.

I'm sorry Ricardo, but I think this means you are one of Yellowrider's "stupid sheep" as indeed am I. But perhaps we both underestimate the power of graffitied bedsheet?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

If it were a home game this weekend ,would this be the case?

Theyre taking advantage that this is one of ths furthest away trips, with an in all probability small away following.

After which they can go into hiding for a fortnight during the international break and hope everthing dies down

Then they will be pinning their hopes on Gunn,Hanley and Barnes coming back at the end of it to try and dig them out if it,so they can avoid making a decision

However , lose at Cardiff...if Wagner is still somehow here at home to QPR and we go behind in that game, whilst I wouldnt envisage anything like the 'Chase Out days', then certainly something in between the Dean Smith and 'Worthington Out' scenarios.

In this situation the cries must be Delia Out. Loud, repeated cries of Delia Out. Because the only thing most of the media knows about NCFC is Delia Smith, that would make headline news even if the game is only a Championship relegation six-pointer. And she would hate that because she loves her public image as the face of the Canaries. It would shame her. It's the one thing that might get her off her a*se and try to sort out this mess. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

...shame it will have to come to this, they could have relieved Wagner whilst maintaining a bit of dignity in tact

....but seems it will have to now turn personal,nasty and possibily even violent to get these f#cking imcompetent amatuers to act

Who is this violence going to be aimed at, and what form do you think it will take?

1 minute ago, repman said:

I just hope that Knapper being involved in these discussions was him basically being told to get to work on deciding who the next manager should be. No new person would have much of an impact between now and Saturday and with the international break coming up too it would in fact give them a little bit of time to talk to the players. (I still think you could sack Wagner just to try give everyone a bit of a boost).

One of my biggest problems with Webber has been his lack of due process when hiring managers. It feels like every time he has his choice and doesn't shift from that. Smith was a bit different but the moment he became available and was seemingly up for the job it shifted to him. This also is no doubt linked to the board being completely hands off over the past few years.

One of David McNally's first acts was to fire the incompetent Bryan Gunn and replace him with Lambert

If Knapper really wants to make his mark, early...he will act quickly and decisively.

1 minute ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Who is this violence going to be aimed at, and what form do you think it will take?

Perhaps he will advocate following player's home again?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

Each to their own but I don’t think fans wanting to go to the games to support their club through “thick and thin” is a problem.

The problem is the acceptance whilst in the stadium. The heat needs to be turned up, inside and outside of the stadium. I really don’t think not going makes a huge statement. Turning up but staying outside the stadium in protest I’d like to see. Or failing that, ramping up the message inside would be a start.

There’s two ways to protest in the ground. Make noise. Or leave seats empty. Whether it changes the club’s decision making is another matter. Personally I don’t believe there will be enough protest in the ground or outside it. I’d had enough of de facto supporting the way the club was run and the characters involved.  I’ll return once I see real change. Webber’s departure is hopefully the start 

Well looks like we have another idiot taking over from Webber if he thinks now is not the time to sack the  manager. All he has to do is watch the replays to know the manager has lost the squad , who are no longer really trying, and maybe the last few results.

We are now in a relegation battle, I know the squad looks bad but I think any half decent manager could get them going again. I feel sorry for Wagner as he looks defeated and resigned  before the match even starts. 

2 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

I speak as a veteran of the Chase Out demonstrations and to a lesser degree the Worthington Out saga,  it all turned a little nasty , in and around the ground

Once it gets to the stage where people at the club are turned on and fear for their own safety at the ground, it tends to be the breaking point

11 minutes ago, S_81 said:

I understand that, I do. But you need to also understand that fans don’t just exist inside the ground. And some of us will do what we think it takes to make a stand about how unacceptable what’s gone on in recent times is. Even if that cuts our nose off to spite our face 

I'm imagining you in your armchair wearing sackcloth and ashes. Feeling desolate and unloved as you make your stand against those who have so grievously wronged you. I'm almost choked to tears.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Once it gets to the stage where people at the club are turned on and fear for their own safety at the ground, it tends to be the breaking point

I think that this is perhaps a sign that you have lost all sense of proportion. Implying that this is what is needed is frankly appalling.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

You would hope so Nutty wouldn’t you ? Then again it is Norwich we’re talking about here 🙂

Well, we often see posts with an opening salvo of "I'm in business" so hopefully there will be a definitive answer.

12 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Can't imagine the odds will be very generous.

Ladbrokes currently have Cardiff at 23/20, Norwich at 9/4 and the draw is 12/5.

Make if that what you will but the Cardiff price looks generous if you factor in the Laurel and Hardy type mess Norwich are in right now.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Badger said:

I think that this is perhaps a sign that you have lost all sense of proportion. Implying that this is what is needed is frankly appalling.

I'm saying this is what happens

Stuart Webber finally removed Dean Smith last season as he didnt want to put him through it for another game

...so why is he allowing this for Wagner???....or anyone else for that matter?

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

3 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I'm imagining you in your armchair wearing sackcloth and ashes. Feeling desolate and unloved as you make your stand against those who have so grievously wronged you. I'm almost choked to tears.

I’m imagining you, whispy thinning grey hair, brandy in hand, gently stroking Delia’s hair after her tough day having to countenance that her wonderful appointments may be yet more poor judgment in the eyes of others 

1 minute ago, S_81 said:

Keep clapping 

Keep raging at the moon and practising your keyboard karate - but just don't come to games!

33 minutes ago, Badger said:

I presume you mean City fans that go to matches?

I mean those who 'pay up, turn up and shut up'! They are either fully in awe of The Cook (even after all these years) or moan behind cupped hands but refuse to do anything else.    

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I'm saying this is what happens

Stuart Webber finally removed Dean Smith last season as he didnt want to put him through it for another game

...so why is he allowing this for Wagner???....or anyone else for that matter?

For clarity then, are you happy to condemn a situation where:

"Once it gets to the stage where people at the club are turned on and fear for their own safety at the ground, it tends to be the breaking point"

2 minutes ago, S_81 said:

I’m imagining you, whispy thinning grey hair, brandy in hand, gently stroking Delia’s hair after her tough day having to countenance that her wonderful appointments may be yet more poor judgment in the eyes of others 

I love these posts imagining what people they’ve never met look like.

• Like 1