cambridgeshire canary

Talks have been held about Wagners future

The wrong decision but I can understand Knapper feeling like he wants to be properly in situ before making such a decision.

But I'll get in ahead of everyone else in a year's time and go with KNAPPER OUT BRING BACK OUR STU

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, S_81 said:

It’s won’t ever happen. The crowd is too passive in the majority. A bunch of day trippers. The minority need to make their feelings known. Bar some empty seats at the end I’d say they failed to do so on Saturday. 

Whatever was achieved by us supporters yesterday it will certainly make more difference than the armchair contributions…

IMG_1415.thumb.jpeg.b93f328e1aa33900b31badb16217c964.jpeg

• Haha 1

This isn't nice for Wagner either, is it? I know he's failed badly but he's always given 100% and at least did his best to try to mend the relationship between the fans and the club that was destroyed by Webber's and Dean Smith's disdain. 

And his reward for that is being left as a dead duck manager, just waiting for the guillotine to drop, and taking most of the flak from the fans, flak which should largely be aimed at Webber, the Board, and the owners.

I'm ashamed of my club. I know that sounds kind of pompous, but I'm sure lots of other fans must feel exactly the same.

• Like 8

Just now, hogesar said:

The wrong decision but I can understand Knapper feeling like he wants to be properly in situ before making such a decision.

But I'll get in ahead of everyone else in a year's time and go with KNAPPER OUT BRING BACK OUR STU

Dragged further into a relegation fight, and a likely humiliating loss at Ipswich, because there’s no one with any guts at Carrow Road to do the decent thing and end his tenure now. 

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

Whatever was achieved by us supporters yesterday it will certainly make more difference than the armchair contributions…

Wow a boomer comic that's funny? Not seen one of those in a while

May I be the first to say.....Knapper Out!!

Edit: **** Hoggy beat me to it 🤣 

Edited by Ken Hairy
  • Haha 1

I expect a decision on the future of Wagner will be made before the date season ticket renewals is announced because if ever numbers are to drop current form says they will but the board may see things differently. As they say there is none so blind as those that cannot see.

Edited by TIL 1010

Maybe since fans are so opposed to harness their inner “Chase out” mentality we could get one of those petition things going and slap it on delias desk.

4 minutes ago, The Dog said:

I fear it is because we can’t afford the pay off as the whole backroom staff, who all need to be cleared out not just Wagner.  They are all culpable for the inept tactics we repeatedly try and use each week. 
The cost of getting rid of the whole Huddersfield gang will be a big figure and it’s clear to see from the accounts we haven’t got any money. 

Any self respecting manager would not want Hughes and co to be forced upon them as their backroom staff.

You could very well be correct. What a sad and sorry state we find ourselves in. Hopefully the next sporting director can salvage something from the mess left by Webber pissing the premier league money up the wall…

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

That’s where you’re wrong. If more of you had my conviction and voted with your feet then we’d have seen more change by now. Unless you’re going to turn up and genuinely protest. That hasn’t happened, it didn’t happen, and it won’t happen. I’ve sat in Carrow Road for many years, I know damn well how many happy clappers and day trippers will walk in there like zombies and clap any old 5hit. The mild booing yesterday achieved nothing. The bloke is still in the job. 

• Like 2

I don't think Wagner's the total clown that most others seem to think he is, but he's lost the players clearly so he needs to go. You need to be really motivated and well organized and to follow his tactical instructions to a tee or Wagner's system falls apart and that's what we're seeing now and why we'll struggle to pick up any points for the remainder of his time here. Because his approach is so specific and requires complete buy in from the players and to have them running through brick walls for him we'd struggle to pick up points against non-league teams right now as the players have given up never mind trying to pick up points against Championship opposition. He needed to go after the Sunderland game to be fair and it's an absolute joke that the club is throwing away another 3 points on Saturday by keeping him in post. I think in better circumstances and if he was a better man manager we'd be really enjoying watching a Wagner Norwich team but it's just not happened for him here.

To me this seems like we've got a load of people who are supposed to be running the club that are all panicking right now and looking at each other in the absence of a clear leader and are waiting for Knapper to come in and take charge and make the hard decisions for them. It's kind of pathetic to be honest. 

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann
  • Like 1

I wonder how much the payout would be? Might time dust the old blanket down and run round the perimeter of CR for everybody’s lose change (or Apple Pay)

• Like 1

What's the best odds on us getting relegated? Might be an idea to soften the blow with some financial gain.

1 minute ago, S_81 said:

That’s where you’re wrong. If more of you had my conviction and voted with your feet then we’d have seen more change by now. Unless you’re going to turn up and genuinely protest. That hasn’t happened, it didn’t happen, and it won’t happen. I’ve sat in Carrow Road for many years, I know damn well how many happy clappers and day trippers will walk in there like zombies and clap any old 5hit. The mild booing yesterday achieved nothing. The bloke is still in the job. 

Are you voting with your feet or protesting on your butt?

I wonder what @Indy makes of the genuine blaming of supporters 

7 minutes ago, S_81 said:

The tight ba5tad owners are letting the guy drag us downwards rather than pay out a few months. They’ll happily accept a loss at Portman Road therefore. But the fans see through it - and should know who to blame. 

Your mileage may vary, I guess. I believe the point of the 12-month roller was to avoid a similarly eye-watering payoff that Team Farke and Team Smith took with them. Was it tight, or sensible, to do so?

I suppose the real question, though, is did neither Wagner or those at the club have enough faith in the deal to commit to anything longer?

3 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Anyone would think that none of this had ever happened before😁

Of course it has ricardo but not since the day the internet took over running the world.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, S_81 said:

So it seems like your suggesting that nobody took up your season ticket when you gave it up?

Otherwise your (grand) gesture would have gone unnoticed.

Edited by Wings of a Sparrow

28 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

I think it’s a dangerous game they’re playing for themselves as every game they leave Wagner in charge builds resentment towards them. We all know Wagner is gone at some Point in the near future. They could ease the pressure on themselves by getting rid. Keeping him will, I’m convinced, only act to turn more people against the ownership. Dangerous and somewhat ignorant move by the so called “leaders” of this club. 

The heat simply has to be turned up against delia and MWJ, forget Wagner and Webber, they are dead men walking. It’s our only chance.

Agreed. Problem is the stupid sheep who trudge down to FCR will never turn against the old celebrity Cook. Should have happened years ago. Only here in 'little old Norwich' would the owners get away scot free with this appalling bad management.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

I wonder how much the payout would be? Might time dust the old blanket down and run round the perimeter of CR for everybody’s lose change (or Apple Pay)

Whether he is sacked now or in January, the total outlay is the same, just it all goes out now if we sack him this week.  But surely putting Pelach or someone already at the club, in charge has to be better.  Just go back to basics for a game or 2.  Doesn't cost anything extra... which is why him staying is so utterly mindless

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Problem is the stupid sheep who trudge down to FCR

I presume you mean City fans that go to matches?

• Haha 1

Just now, nutty nigel said:

Are you voting with your feet or protesting on your butt?

I wonder what @Indy makes of the genuine blaming of supporters 

with my feet. After Webber’s tenure got extended, he blew our budget on dross, and went on to ridicule our fan base, including with that 90% stance. The owners left him to do it, unchallenged. His latter legacy is still now playing out. I don’t think some of you (you included) realise how much damage that has done. 

I may well return if I have confidence in the credibility of the decision making  from now on - and the standard of product improves. 

You won’t ever understand such protest. You keep turning up, doing nothing, and shouting down people on here who question the club. You’re notorious for the latter 

4 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

So it seems like your suggesting that nobody took up your season ticket when you gave it up?

Otherwise your (grand) gesture would have gone unnoticed.

You make my point for me 

Just now, S_81 said:

with my feet. After Webber’s tenure got extended, he blew our budget on dross, and went on to ridicule our fan base, including with that 90% stance. The owners left him to do it, unchallenged. His latter legacy is still now playing out. I don’t think some of you (you included) realise how much damage that has done. 

I may well return if I have confidence in the credibility of the decision making  from now on - and the standard of product improves. 

You won’t ever understand such protest. You keep turning up, doing nothing, and shouting down people on here who question the club. You’re notorious for the latter 

I support Norwich City and get real joy from that. I'd get absolutely no joy supporting Sky Sports or freeloading on streams.

• Like 2

What happens if Knapper decides that this isn't for him after all. Chucks in the towel and Webber gone. We'll be left with Neil as manager and SD

If it were a home game this weekend ,would this be the case?

Theyre taking advantage that this is one of ths furthest away trips, with an in all probability small away following.

After which they can go into hiding for a fortnight during the international break and hope everthing dies down

Then they will be pinning their hopes on Gunn,Hanley and Barnes coming back at the end of it to try and dig them out if it,so they can avoid making a decision

However , lose at Cardiff...if Wagner is still somehow here at home to QPR and we go behind in that game, whilst I wouldnt envisage anything like the 'Chase Out days', then certainly something in between the Dean Smith and 'Worthington Out' scenarios.

Just now, nutty nigel said:

I support Norwich City and get real joy from that. I'd get absolutely no joy supporting Sky Sports or freeloading on streams.

I understand that, I do. But you need to also understand that fans don’t just exist inside the ground. And some of us will do what we think it takes to make a stand about how unacceptable what’s gone on in recent times is. Even if that cuts our nose off to spite our face 

31 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Nothing to rant about is there! Everything is just great. 

Seems like it doesn't it.

Only scummers can be happy with this situation.

If I was Wagner I would look at selecting a completely different 11 for Cardiff.

That addresses those that aren't playing for him, or who give a t*ss. It also kicks them up the backside and they might put a shift in, knowing a new manager might be incoming. Nothing to lose by this