Tommo

Up and coming managerial candidates

Some would argue we need to commence a full reboot and rebuild of the squad, mentality etc - going down the route of appoint a younger, more left field appointment instead of a more obvious candidate.

some mention Jack Wilshere but any other suggested names ? Ryan Mason ?

Jacob Neestrup would be an interesting one if we could tempt away from FC Copenhagen 

I've mentioned Luke Williams before, it'd be a big step up but he's done a brilliant job at Notts County.

Plenty of other names out there. Michael Beale and John Eustace could be decent shouts.

Top of league 1 has some young coaches too , Mousinho hasn't been at Portsmouth long but they're flying so not sure he'd leave so soon. Manning at Oxford is doing well but it ended very badly at MK Dons for him. Ian Evatt has taken Bolton up once and he seems very committed to them.

• Like 1

Nigel Clough - still doing the business!    Decent bloke with integrity and plenty of nous.  

Will say it how it is and not suffer fools.  We need that right now.  Not a puppet who will accept the task as outlined by the bosses which will be unrealistic given the limited talent in this squad.   

1 hour ago, 7HAR1980 said:

Kevin Muscat.

As someone has mentioned before, he's in the same mould as Ange Postecoglu.

I occasionally watch J-League games on youtube and I'd be surprised if he wasn't in Europe in the near future. I'd love him here even though I'm sure plenty wouldn't based on his playing career. Can't imagine the likes of Hernandez or Cantwell pulling as much **** on social media with a manager like him in charge.

• Like 1

It doesn’t matter who we all want, what we will most likely get is yet another unknown or old failure as a coach. 

All the names being mentioned would have some merit, I would like Robbie Fowler as I suggested on my post yesterday, but as I say it’s more than likely a friend of Webbers would be lined up, God help us! 

Whoever it is, welcome to Happy Valley!

But for heavens sake don’t upset anyone by being a Ron Saunders clone. The powers that be don’t want anyone rocking the boat.

As for taking the squad for a nice preseason trip to the sand dunes at Hemsby, forget that, they are no longer there. Sadly for them Mousehold still is. Not as nice as the seaside but they may agree to go there if you ask them nicely.

1 hour ago, TheDarkKnight said:

An ambitious, risky, left-field appointment would be John Kennedy from Celtic. 

He's been the assistant to Rodgers twice and Ange. So he's worked under two good managers with a similar playing ethos. 

Ange wanted to take him to Tottenham but they refused to pay the fee to get him released. 

I have a lot of time for Kennedy. His career was ended at age 20 (as I remember correctly) on his Scotland debut.  It would be a risky move, though. 

Good assistants don't always make good managers. Brian Kidd was brilliant at Manchester United as an assistant, but flopped at Blackburn. 

Sometimes it can go well, though, Walter Smith stepped from assistant to Souness at Rangers into the manager's role and he turned into one of the best managers Scotland have produced.

Kennedy retired at the age of 26, following an ankle ligament injury and doing further damage to his knee whilst on loan at Norwich City in 2008

• Like 2

If Wagner goes I want his replacement to be a manager with an attacking style of play. Yesterday I saw someone on Facebook calling for Steve Bruce. No thanks - he failed at West Brom recently and parks the bus, just like Chris Hughton

Lee Carsley, if we can get him. Mousinho, if we could get him off Pompey would also be an exciting hire. If we are looking for something a bit more established then Mark Robins would still be a great hire. As would Heckingbottom - who is likely soon to be out of work. Perhaps even before Wagner. 

Edited by S_81

6 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

I occasionally watch J-League games on youtube and I'd be surprised if he wasn't in Europe in the near future. I'd love him here even though I'm sure plenty wouldn't based on his playing career. 

Not just his playing career. Also the fact he's just a horrible **** who went out of his way to hurt fellow players. 

I'd be surprised if he swapped the nice Australian climate for here anyway.

Someone who has some steel about them, stands no nonsense and demands the highest levels of professionalism daily.

Potter or Knutsen - would be my first choices but highly unlikely considering how far we have sunk.

Van Nistelroy, Solksjaer, Parker perhaps.

We are dropping like a stone. 
our owners wont let go for 2 more years. 
our SD wont let go. 
our incoming owner is toothless until Delia and Michael go. 
we dont have any money.
how are we going to attract a decent manager?

we are drifting

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yellow Green Army said:

Someone who has some steel about them, stands no nonsense and demands the highest levels of professionalism daily.

Potter or Knutsen - would be my first choices but highly unlikely considering how far we have sunk.

Van Nistelroy, Solksjaer, Parker perhaps.

The levels of delusion in this post. 

• Like 2

Knutsen will never go to a club that is run like Norwich. He would want a structure that he belive in. 

He told Norwegian tv that he have no interest in Ajax on Wednesday. He is happy at Bodø/Glimt for now

Probably couldn't get him, but Graham Potter anyone? Was doing a decent job at Brighton, who are excelling at buying promising youngsters, developing and selling on for mega bucks 

Why aren't we Brighton?

Just now, OnDaBall said:

Probably couldn't get him, but Graham Potter anyone? Was doing a decent job at Brighton, who are excelling at buying promising youngsters, developing and selling on for mega bucks 

Why aren't we Brighton?

Zero chance I’m afraid. Looking way beyond us 

As Potter turned down Leicester a few months ago with the talent they have available he won't be coming to a club in decline in the lower regions of the Championship with very limited talent available.

• Like 1

Whoever gets the poison chalice that is Norwich City's coach/manager.  Needs to understand if he doesn't already understand he will be working with a squad of the poorest players recruited in the last few seasons.  Their is no money available to attract any better,  must work with what you have got.  You will have to be a miracle worker to have any success under the current management regime not just a new or former SD.  And the fans who unrealistically expect to be pushing for promotion, a hope that was felt last season and this but was massive over expectation.  You really need to appreciate the good times at Norwich are behind us and ambitions need to be tempered.  Give the new man or woman your support and show some patience.

Some of the names mentioned in fact most wouldn't be interested in a role with this moribund club.  Suggest look for a young coach/manager from lower down the pyramid who is having some success and is familiar with operating dealing with signing and managing players at a level we can afford.  The guy at Leyton Orient fits the remit there may be others.  This needs to be a long term project.

It all depends on Knappers intended philosophy.

I want him to come with a blueprint of how he wants us to play and go and get who he thinks is the best coach to work with to make that happen. It’s what Webber did well early on.

Id rather he picked a manager hungry for a chance than an experienced guy though, the project is starting over. Things need a reset and fresh energy.

If Wilshire is who Knapper thinks fits what’s needed, then good enough for me. We’ve tried two management teams of tired ideas.

• Like 1