Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays Funds for the CSF with the PUPs Season 17 Week 12

Welcome to Rays Funds, supported by Turner European Consulting and Cavell Healthcare

It was great to get back to winning ways last weekend and you PUPs were on top form searching out some great picks to help make it happen. This weekend we have a great chance of following up with top PUP @Kathy making the final selections. It was only a couple of weeks ago I was introducing Kathy for the Norwich picks when she stepped in at short notice and added a tenner to the pot. But the introduction is so good that it’s worth repeating. Kathy is the only PUP to have won the double of PUPs league and profitability league, in fact it was a treble because of lockdown we also had a pools league which she won too. Kathy’s also won the final six on 5 previous occasions so let’s find her our very best selection from the games played on Saturday, Sunday and Monday of this weekend that are listed on the Bet 365 web site.

We have @Diesel Doris making the final selections for our match at home to Daniel Farke’s Leeds. Trish also has a brilliant PUPs cv with 3 final six wins and previous wins when making the Norwich picks. It’s difficult to know which Norwich team will turn up right now but I’m sure with your help Trish will be able to add to the pot.

Here’s the rota for November. As usual just let me know if your date is ok with your picks…

Final Six

04 Nov – @Mr Apples

11 Nov – @splutcho

18 Nov – @PurpleCanary

25 Nov – @Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man

Norwich Picks

04 Nov – @littleyellowbirdie

11 Nov – @NWC

18 Nov – Internationals

25 Nov – @Mr Angry

We put Ray’s honours board up every week but I took the time to read it again when updating @Hammond1612 to three wins and it was great to remember all the PUPs past and present and the fun we’ve had over the years.

Good luck all you PUPs We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for the Community Sports Foundation and our fabulous Downs Syndrome and pan-disability boys and girls.

Take it away Kathy and Trish, the thread is yours... :classic_smile:...

On behalf of us all a massive thank-you to our wonderful sponsors Turner European Consulting and Cavell Healthcare also our benefactor PUPanon2. For more information on our sponsors take a look at their websites below :-

http://www.turnereuropeanconsulting.com/

https://www.cavellhealthcare.co.uk/

Edited by nutty nigel

Greetings all from Oman!

Barnsley to beat Leyton Orient for me please and in our game I’m going for 1st half draw 2nd half Leeds 

Good luck everyone! 

A very good evening to you Nutty and good luck to the old bird from Reepham ( on recent form she will need it :classic_laugh: ), Diesel Doris not forgetting all you other lovely PUPs out there.

The land of the wooden shoes and a HOME WIN for PSV v Fortuna Sittard.

For the City game H/T Draw F/T Leeds.

Trying to improve my recent form has led me to a Saturday offering from Denmark

FC Copenhagen (2nd, 7-2-2 22-14) v Vejle (11th, 2-2-7 12-16) - Home Win

For the match bet, HT/FT Leeds/Draw

Best of luck Kathy, Trish, and all you PUPs 

Hi All,

Good luck to Kathy and Trish this week!

Managerless Bradford v WREXHAM - AWAY WIN in League 2 for a bit of value on Saturday afternoon.

For the City game - old boys seem to come good against us so either BAMFORD or BYRAM to score anytime.

Best of luck to all Pups

Leedscanary

Hi folks! A bit of a risky one for me this week, but if @Kathy  fancies pushing the boat out a bit, it's often a good strategy to have one more risky pick alongside five 'home bankers'.

Swansea have won four games on the bounce, but the international break came at the wrong time for them. This week they're at home to Leicester, who are obviously streaking ahead at the top of the table and have possibly the strongest squad the Championship has ever seen.

As such, I fancy Leicester to get a result in Wales on Saturday, but given Swansea's excellent recent form Leicester are in the region of 3/4 to win.

As for the Norwich match, I think Farke's passing principles might play into the hands of our high press, much as we had a lot of joy against Russell Martin's similarly styled Southampton side. As such, I like the look of Sara first goal and Norwich to win at 16/1.

Thanks for the glowing intro Nutty. It's hard to believe that's the same person who has performed so miserably on here over the last few weeks (as I have been reminded many times). You've handed over the picks to the 'Liz Truss' of the message board!

Still, we live in hope as I will be relying on all you other clever PUPs for te selections and won't touch mine with a barge pole. 

I'll be back here tomorrow evening with my final six and another six for the pot. Keep'em coming!

Edited by Kathy
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Hi PUPs, off to Turkey this week with FATIH KARAGÜMRÜK VS. ADANA DEMIRSPOR (away win). Adana have Nani and Balotelli up front while Fatih have got the popular Italian choice Kevin Lasagna! 🤣

For the City bet I'll go for Duffy to score anytime.

Nutty, I'm ok for that date but will have to make my picks earlyish on Friday evening as I'm off on my annual search for Highlands Canary early on Saturday.

Best of luck everyone!

Apples

• Thanks 1

My kiss of death this week goes to....

Brentford v Burnley....Home win.

For the Norwich bet I'll have....

Rowe to score anytime.

Good luck to Kathy and Diesel Doris this week and all our fellow pups.

For the Final Six I am going for a Home Win for Nacional against SC Mirandela in the Portugal Cup.

For the Norwich match, Home Win and Both Teams To Score is 4/1.

Good luck to @Kathy , @Diesel Doris and the rest of the PUPs.

Sorry @nutty nigel, I will find it difficult to pick for that weekend as I'm going to be travelling quite a bit-can you sub someone else in for me please?

• Thanks 1

Thanks for that lovely intro Nutty. Will post my selections around 10pm on Friday.

My pick for Kathy is:

GLENTORAN v Glenavon HOME WIN

Good Luck Kathy and all you Lovely PUPs

Let's hope us two "old birds" can add some more pounds and pennies to the pot.

• Thanks 1

Hi pups

I will go for HAMILTON ACADEMICALS v Edinburgh city HOME WIN

For the NCFC bet city win and btts

Good luck all

Hello fellow Pups .

Diesel Doris , I’m saying Sara to score anytime.

Kathy , I’m going for Peterborough v WYCOMBE away win at about 7/2. Probably not much use to you . 

Wishing you both all the best . 

Leicester to win away at Swansea for me. Swansea are in good form but Leicester are 5 out of 5 in away games so far and no amount of form stops them being the best side in this league.

3-1 Leeds is 16/1, sorry for not being more positive.

Also @nutty nigel 11th of November works for me!

• Thanks 1

Norway for me and Bodo/Glimt to beat Sandefjord. Top vs 2nd bottom. 

For the Norwich game Idah to score with a header @ 17/2. 

Very best of luck. 

I expect a lot of lower league games to be called off due to the rain, so am hoping this is on:

PontypriddTown Vs Connah's Quay Nomads - AWAY win

Pontypridd losing form = 4/5 and can't score (lowest league scorers), Nomads (form is 3 wins 2 draws) can score lots - second highest scorers in the league. Can they breach a stubborn Ponty defence?? Yes they can, put your house on it!

As for our game, i'm a bit worried to be honest - BTTS with Kenny to score anytime

Good luck @Kathy  and @Diesel Doris and the rest of you PUPs

The Nord-Ost Nord section of the German Oberliga.

Lichtenberg to win at home against Rostocker FC.

Lichtenberg have a 4-0-0 and 14/1 home record, and have won their last seven. Rostocker FC have a 1-0-3 and 4/14 away record and have lost their last five, conceding 19 without scoring a goal. The odds are 1/7.

-

For the match bet I suggest a double of BTTS and Sainz to score the last goal.

Good luck to all!

Edited by PurpleCanary

Hello Pups

I will go for Sirius to beat Brommapojkkarna

For the match bet Sara to score from outside the box

Good luck

Man Utd  to beat Sheffield Utd

For Norwich both teams to score amd Rowe to score anytime

I dont need to wish Kathy & Trish good luck as Im confident the ladies will bring it home ☺️

In bocca al lupo 🦮 to the excellent @Kathy  ed ai tutti i voi belli PUPetti 🦮🤗💪🏽

Think strong women deserve strong women this week, so to Spain for the awesome:

Barcelona vs Granada - Home win 🏆 

As for @Diesel Doris’s Norwich bet I am afraid I have very low expectations so:

Norwich to lose, more than 3.5 goals, more than 3 yellow cards, more than 6 corners.

Parma 

Edited by Parma Ham's gone mouldy
💪🏽🙌🙏🏽🕺💃🏆🦮🦮🦮🦮❤️🏡🏆

Right. Here it is.

Thank you PUPs for all your selections.

I'm falling back on a previously successful strategy by choosing the selections of those hovering around the top of the PUPs league. This unfortunately means of course that I will have to want @Til1010's selection to be successful. As a result I have already started to come out in a rash. The PUPs come first however, so here we are.

I've avoided anything north of the border as I expect Storm Babet will have a say in the fixtures list.

I've sent you an extra tenner Nutty for six laydeez (I believe that's how you spell it) matches.

Mainz 05 v Bayern Munich (h)                           Feed The Wolf
Newcastle v Palace (h)                                       GMF
PSV v Fortuna Sittard  (h)                                   Til1010 Wacky
Bodo Glimt v Sandefjord  (h)                              DJ11
Lichtenburg v Rostocker FC  (h)                         Purple
Barcelona v Granada (h)                                      Parma

Melbourne v Canberra (h)
Hammarby v Linkopings (h)
Anderlecht v Genk (h)
Madrid v Tenerife (h)
Pardubice v Viktoria Pizen (a)
Chelsea v Brighton (h)

For my own selection. Mansfield to beat Forest Green Rovers.

For City's game,  >4.5 goals/ Patrick Bamford to score (because I hate him and it would just be typical.) Best of luck Trish!

Good luck all and 🤞.

Edited by Kathy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Kathy said:

Right. Here it is.

Thank you PUPs for all your selections.

I'm falling back on a previously successful strategy by choosing the selections of those hovering around the top of the PUPs league. This unfortunately means of course that I will have to want @Til1010's selection to be successful. As a result I have already started to come out in a rash. The PUPs come first however, so here we are.

I've avoided anything north of the border as I expect Storm Babet will have a say in the fixtures list.

I've sent you an extra tenner Nutty for six laydeez (I believe that's how you spell it) matches.

Mainz 05 v Bayern Munich (h)                           Feed The Wolf
Newcastle v Palace (h)                                       GMF
PSV v Fortuna Sittard  (h)                                   Til1010 Wacky
Bodo Glimt v Sandefjord  (h)                              DJ11
Lichtenburg v Rostocker FC  (h)                         Purple
Barcelona v Granada (h)                                      Parma

Melbourne v Canberra (h)
Hammarby v Linkopings (h)
Anderlecht v Genk (h)
Madrid v Tenerife (h)
Pardubice v Viktoria Pizen (a)
Chelsea v Brighton (h)

For my own selection. Mansfield to beat Forest Green Rovers.

For City's game,  >4.5 goals/ Patrick Bamford to score (because I hate him and it would just be typical.) Best of luck Trish!

Good luck all and 🤞.

Thanks for these Kathy, I love that strategy, that's one heck of a strong looking six. And thanks for the extra tenner and the ladies six which also look nailed on. I can see a double winning weekend incoming. I've placed them with Bet 365 here are the details : -

Set one where the potential return is £26.47...

Lichternberg 47

1/7

12:00 Sat

Bodo/Glimpt **EP**

1/7

14:00 Sat

Newcastle **EP**

9/20

15:00 Sat

Bayern Munich  **EP**

1/4

17:30 Sat

Barcelona W

1/150

PSV **EP**

1/9

17:45 Sat

Set two where the potential return is £56.20...

Melbourne City W

9/20

04:45 Sat

Viktoria Plezn W

1/9

10:00 Sat

Hammarby W

1/2

14:00 Sat

Anderlecht W

2/5

Madrid CFF W

1/9

11:00 Sun

Chelsea W

1/12

14:00 Sun

Good luck Kathy and all you PUPs... :classic_smile:...

Edited by nutty nigel
🤞🍀💪💪🏿

I'm going for a home win for Sparta Prague v. Ceske Budejovice.

Good Luck, Kathy!

For the match bet - Stacey to score any time.

Good Luck Diesel Doris!

Edited by Cosmic Twin

Hi Eddie, so sorry for being nearer 10am today than 10pm last night.....long story. Anyway my selections for the Norwich game are:

All £2

Rowe anytime

Duffy anytime 

BTTS

Over 3.5 goals 

Norwich to win 3-2

Thanks again everyone for the picks and Good luck Kathy with your bets 💛💚💛💚