Midlands Yellow

Daniel Farke’s Return

It’s not going to be like any other, Saunders, Bond and Lambert were special but none were personally enamoured to this club.

A small part of me doesn’t mind if Leeds shaft us big time next weekend, I’d smile for the man.  

I can 100% state I don’t think the same at all.  I am not spending over £100 getting me and my son there and into the game to just be happy with a defeat, because some of our fans have a ridiculous love-in with an ex manager.   It’s ludicrous. Get over it.  

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

I don’t care who is in charge of them - it’s always awful seeing that horrible group of fans celebrating in our ground. 

14 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I can 100% state I don’t think the same at all.  I am not spending over £100 getting me and my son there and into the game to just be happy with a defeat, because some of our fans have a ridiculous love-in with an ex manager.   It’s ludicrous. Get over it.  

Small part in worse case scenario, I’m honest on that and wouldn’t apologise. 

This is what’s wrong with our club. Too much sentimentality. 

Fûćk Daniel Farke and fūčk Leeds. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

It’s not going to be like any other, Saunders, Bond and Lambert were special but none were personally enamoured to this club.

A small part of me doesn’t mind if Leeds shaft us big time next weekend, I’d smile for the man.  

Surprise… 

Edited by Duncan Edwards
😂😂🙄

It will come as no surprise a shafting is in the offing.  This club is rapidly becomihg a joke managed by a group of clowns.  Farke deserves all the plaudits coming his way, we'll always have 2018/9.  Distant memories is all we have.  Agree Leeds are abhorrent though.

Farke was great manager for us, one who I personally thought we shafted on each occasion when we were promoted with awful recruitment. However, that’s done now and we move on, I expect both him and our fans will be respectful but at the end of the day it is a massive game for us and we really need three points. Sentimentality can wait till after. 

• Like 1

A lot of the time the magic happens because of a unique set of circumstances. Think Lambert with us before, Leicester under Ranieri, and Farke with us. A lot of managers struggle to replicate success elsewhere. I loved Farke, what he did and meant for the club but his time had come. I wish him well but it's all about 3 points for us come Saturday

Edited by AJ
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I loved Daniel Farke. What he did was historically special here. 

Numerically, aesthetically, culturally…trophies.

We love players ‘who give 100%’. Farke invested everything in us. 

I agree with @Midlands Yellow that we didn’t give him anything like 100% support, from the Boardroom, from the Sporting Director, from the stands, from this board…for what he did. And we know it. 

All over in what?…2 and a half months? 10 games? And for what….? ….because we didn’t have a rich owner?…..surely we already knew that?

Making Farke the lightning rod for all of that was to burn out an invaluable asset, one that affected the whole club, for your usual transient mercenaries and the ‘endless game’ continues..

’Why aren’t we Nottingham Forest and Steve Cooper?’…now for once that’s a real question @nutty nigel….

Parma 

Edited by Parma Ham's gone mouldy
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Bondi was. I seem to recall him saying that he would "Walk on his hands and knees back to Norwich if he were to be offered the manager's job again."

DF has never said much at all about our club since he was so ruthlessly ejected, to my knowledge at least.

Perhaps it was the different circumstances of their leaving, perhaps it is down to the fact that DF seems to be a colder more calculating and less emotional person than John Bond ever was.

I think most of us wish Daniel Farke well, but not at the expense of NCFC and irrespective of the Leeds connection. 

I loved Farke when he was here and he will always be one of my favourite managers.

But I still want us to stuff Leeds (not that it’s likely). I’m also kind of hoping he gets sacked by them quickly but goes on to be a successful manager at another non English club. He’s our legend not theirs!

Edited by rock bus
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

I loved Daniel Farke. What he did was historically special here. 

Numerically, aesthetically, culturally…trophies.

We love players ‘who give 100%’. Farke invested everything is us. 

I agree with @Midlands Yellow that we didn’t give him anything like 100% support, from the Boardroom, from the Sporting Director, from the stands, from this board…for what he did. And we know it. 

All over in what?…2 and a half months? 10 games? And for what….? ….because we didn’t have a rich owner?…..surely we already knew that?

Making Farke the lightning rod for all of that was to burn out an invaluable asset, one that affected the whole club, for your usual transient mercenaries and the ‘endless game’ continues..

’Why aren’t we Nottingham Forest and Steve Cooper?’…now for once that’s a real question @nutty nigel….

Parma 

I disagree.

Norwich fans can be guilty of overcooking the omlette.

Farke did really well with us in the championship, but desperately struggled in the prem, twice. Including a run of two wins in 20-25 or something close to it.

It's flippant, naive and foolish to blame recruitment on Webber when we know that over his time at Norwich Farke was responsible for a fair number of signings.

Trybull, Leitner, Stiepermann, Vrancic, Onel, Zimmermann, Franke - all players he had connections with. At a bare minimum.

We need to stop apologising and just accept that it's football. Yes he did good for us, yes he was committed, yes his leaving left a sour taste, yes he's a nice guy, but ultimately he never fathomed a plan B.

Not only that, many said he'd go on to bigger things. He struggled in the Bundesliga, he's returned to the Championship. At least Lamberty kept us in the premier league on a limited budget and then did the same for Villa.

Lets just get some reasonable balance in there.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

I think most of us wish Daniel Farke well, but not at the expense of NCFC and irrespective of the Leeds connection. 

I think that is right. He is ex-Norwich now, but it was a special time, set against the backdrop of starting from scratch in 2017, covid and lockdowns - and lack of money to attract players he needed and/or Webber's failure to get the right kind of players. 

I think he said when he was here that we would always have a place in his heart and I think that is reciprocated by many of our fans, but next Saturday, once the whistle goes for kick off, that is forgotten.  What is more relevant is the way we perform - can Wagner get us playing at our best, because we'll need to. If we put in a poor performance and Farke gets Leeds playing at their best, it's going to be a difficult afternoon for all of us....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, chicken said:

It's flippant, naive and foolish to blame recruitment on Webber when we know that over his time at Norwich Farke was responsible for a fair number of signings.

Trybull, Leitner, Stiepermann, Vrancic, Onel, Zimmermann, Franke - all players he had connections with. At a bare minimum.

I think this is wrong. Those players were brilliant for us in the championship, which was what was needed at the time, but getting into the PL was when Webber needed to step up - and he didn't the first time, as he admitted - and the second time he spent most of the money on two players "for the future", leaving us woefully short of the quality needed there and then - and then had the temerity to sack the man, compounding that with getting in such a limp replacement.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

He will get a great reception from the City supporters no doubt, but once the game kick offs any respect will be set aside.

I thought Farke should have been sacked at the time but to replace him with the hopeless Smith and now the stutter start Wagner has been a bitter pill to swallow.

It's a far bigger game for Wagner, lose it and I fear the fans will turn. Similarly Leeds can't really afford another loss. A win for us could be a massive result for the Binners.

• Like 1

Farke was sacked because that’s what you do when you’re on the run of form he was on, it’s football.

Not sure who still thinks he was the root cause though.

Regardless he’s gone and I hope we stuff Leeds and make his return miserable. 

15 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

This doesn't surprise me, or anyone who realises how far detached from a Norwich fan you are but I do respect the honesty this time.

I hope he gets a tremendous reception from the Norwich fans it wasn’t his decision to leave. Webber decided he had to go to protect his position and if the game goes against us is the one who should be criticised. As said on many times Webber said any change of head coach would be seamless with a Sporting Director in place, what utter rubbish. Any protests should be directed at Webber alone.

• Like 1

I'll wish Farke well in any endeavour he does, but it won't extend to wishing him any success against us. At the same time, I agree with everyone saying he'll always deserve a hearty and generous reception from us just for what he did.

14 hours ago, Hardhouse44 said:

This is what’s wrong with our club. Too much sentimentality. 

Fûćk Daniel Farke and fūčk Leeds. 

I’m with this.

My old adversary Hardhouse is honest. He wanted Farke gone at some point in every season he was here. So did a lot of you.

I was disappointed when Farke was sacked just as I was when Worthy was sacked. I then had to support our club through Grant/Roeder/Gunn. And I did. Worthy didn’t return to Carrow Road during those times, but I did go to Leicester when he was there. It didn’t cross my mind to wish Leicester to win, not even for Worthy’s sake. I was fully behind Peter Grant’s Norwich City. Obviously Grant wasn’t competent enough to replace Worthy but that can be argued now when the points and the pride in our club aren’t at stake.

4 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I’m with this.

My old adversary Hardhouse is honest. He wanted Farke gone at some point in every season he was here. So did a lot of you.

I was disappointed when Farke was sacked just as I was when Worthy was sacked. I then had to support our club through Grant/Roeder/Gunn. And I did. Worthy didn’t return to Carrow Road during those times, but I did go to Leicester when he was there. It didn’t cross my mind to wish Leicester to win, not even for Worthy’s sake. I was fully behind Peter Grant’s Norwich City. Obviously Grant wasn’t competent enough to replace Worthy but that can be argued now when the points and the pride in our club aren’t at stake.

How have you never won FOTY? It’s a travesty indeed. 

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

How have you never won FOTY? It’s a travesty indeed. 

Not sure what FOTY is but I have never won anything. Neither do I want to. For me it’s all about Norwich City winning. Bunking off because a former manager is returning is for those with little stomach for the fight.

7 hours ago, chicken said:

I disagree.

Norwich fans can be guilty of overcooking the omlette.

Farke did really well with us in the championship, but desperately struggled in the prem, twice. Including a run of two wins in 20-25 or something close to it.

We need to stop apologising and just accept that it's football. Yes he did good for us, yes he was committed, yes his leaving left a sour taste, yes he's a nice guy, but ultimately he never fathomed a plan B.

Not only that, many said he'd go on to bigger things. He struggled in the Bundesliga, he's returned to the Championship. At least Lamberty kept us in the premier league on a limited budget and then did the same for Villa.

Lets just get some reasonable balance in there.

For once I thoroughly agree with you! 

He was a good fit for us at the time, but even I thought in the end he should probably move on and I tend to stick rather than twist, when it comes to managers. However, like a number of managers for us he could and should have been backed better when the opportunity arose back in the PL. Another CB, CDM etc, etc water under the bridge now. 

That said, I hope we smash leeds off the park when we meet them. Unfortunately, I can't see it happening and I suspect Farke will receive a well deserved round of applause at the end from our support............................................ following their 2-1 victory.

4 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Not sure what FOTY is but I have never won anything. Neither do I want to. For me it’s all about Norwich City winning. Bunking off because a former manager is returning is for those with little stomach for the fight.

Yep, you really don’t want it Nutty.

‘ Fan Of The Year ‘ is a really heavy cross to bear.

20 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

The last bit shows you as a weird poster who sees one man bigger than Norwich in your sad pathetic eyes.