Criminal. I get fed up with all the excuses about it and him. It wasa sitter of the unmissable kind. And he cost us the game with that miss.

• Like 5

Did come at him incredibly fast, he should still be burying it IMO but at full speed it’s understandable for someone who’s not an expert with his head.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Did come at him incredibly fast, he should still be burying it IMO but at full speed it’s understandable for someone who’s not an expert with his head.

Yeah, Placheta played it with far more power than necessary but had he just got over the ball it probably would have been enough to go in. Should have scored. 

7 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Criminal. I get fed up with all the excuses about it and him. It wasa sitter of the unmissable kind. And he cost us the game with that miss.

Much, much better players than him have missed even bigger sitters.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Have he ever scored a header for us? I'm struggling to remember one. Still, how on Earth did he miss? 

Could you be anymore clueless!     That video is in slow motion for one!     It came at him much faster than that and all he could do was react.   It wasn’t easy at all.    Least he was in the right position.    Blame Platcheta for over hitting the cross if there is any blame.     

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Placheta's was by far the bigger error in that move. Absolutely no need to ping the cross that hard. Yes, Idah should still have scored, but it's absolutely not the sitter that people are making out.

Edit: that clip only shows the slow-mo replays. Watch it in full speed before judging

Edited by Robert N. LiM
  • Like 2

There were no replays on the Sky red button feed, I couldn’t believe what I’d seen at the time and thought something other than the obvious must have happened. I take the point about the speed at which it happened but it was surely harder to miss than to score.

maybe he is a chris Sutton in reverse

started as a striker but will end up a CB if he was a defender clearing that you would say world class defending ! 

This time last year Josh Sargent was a laughingstock now he is or will be elevated to be Chris Sutton crossed with Teemu Pukki by the time he is fit again.

• Like 2

Sheesh it was a bad miss that any of our strikers will prob repeat this season but to be blaming placheta is ludicrous. 

• Like 2

The problem is Idah has had many chances to grab the shirt but he always seems to come up a bit short when needed or goals matter! Perhaps he overthinks (or under thinks things). He doesn't deliver when it matters!

This miss is a bad miss, the ball coming in at speed or not. It's what strikers are expected is to put such crosses in the net no excuses. Idah is a good player but generally seems just that a bit too slow in reacting to such run of the mill No. 9 chances.

One bad mistake doesnt define a player. However it was woeful his effort. 

I think at some stage you have to accept the likes of PP, Idah, Onel arent really good enough and we need to be quite ruthless in this respect to get a better quality player for the squad to kick on.

• Like 1

To be honest i feel for the Lad ,

he was dropped last night where others have kept their place even though they have played more games than Adam ,

i do not think it was fitness reason more tactics  , Mclean / Gibson played far more games than Adam and they are not rested  ,

for someone who is short of confidence and now scoring quite well to be dropped for Hwang is terrible , 

Wagner got it wrong ,

does it excuse the miss no but not a good way of backing our only  scoring striker 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

There were no replays on the Sky red button feed, I couldn’t believe what I’d seen at the time and thought something other than the obvious must have happened. I take the point about the speed at which it happened but it was surely harder to miss than to score.

There are no buts at all.   That chance was difficult (well it was if you played the game at any reasonable level).    Easy if you haven’t much of a clue though as lots seem to think!     Says more about the fans lack of nous to me.   

It could have gone anywhere and did.

It's actually impressive that he missed it. PP fired it at his head hoping it would hit Adam and go in.

I've seen worse such as the Sargent miss against Brighton. Placheta cross was a bit weird to say the least but he should have scored.

As mentioned he should never have been dropped in the first place. Wagner is starting to get on my nerves tbh with his selections and randomn substitutions.

Defensive errors cost us the game, or at least a point.

4 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I've seen worse such as the Sargent miss against Brighton. Placheta cross was a bit weird to say the least but he should have scored.

As mentioned he should never have been dropped in the first place. Wagner is starting to get on my nerves tbh with his selections and randomn substitutions.

Defensive errors cost us the game, or at least a point.

Well that’s a complete contradiction!   Bad cross / should have scored….. why? Just because he was in the right position, it was impossible to control at that speed.

• Like 1

Sara has scored with headers this season because he timed his runs, Idah was in the wrong position, he just need to delay his run by a second or two. I thought he had some good touches prior to this. Shame, just more ammo  for the haters.

As someone who was actually there I'm amazed by some of the comments. The pace the ball came in ,I do not believe Haarland would have scored. He had zero time to adjust. I was far more disappointed with Onel's tame back pass after a good move opened up a real clear shot.

Also Adam did a great deal better than the man he replaced who was invisible

Edited by Year of the tiger
Addition
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Walcombe canary said:

That Ball has shot across at him. Very harsh judgement on this evidence. 

All he needed to do was let it hit his head and it would of gone in....he just seems to have an unbelievable knack of nearly always doing the wrong thing.

Honestly we need to look at doing something different - Idah will never be a top player and Hwang has been but wont be with Norwich. 

Wagner really needs to give the Man city youth guy a try or I would just push Rowe or even Placheta up top - does anyone really think they will do worse than Idah or Hwang at the moment? I feel we are going into each game with just 10 players.

I know goals conceded are due to defensive errors but it cant help their confidence knowing there is no point in playing it forward as the strikers arent good enough.

• Like 3

How many times do we have to go over this? 

He is dogsh*t.

Never been good enough, isn't good enough now and never will be good enough. Yet we persist, and not only that, but we reward the clear mediocrity with 5 year deals. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

How many times do we have to go over this? 

He is dogsh*t.

Never been good enough, isn't good enough now and never will be good enough. Yet we persist, and not only that, but we reward the clear mediocrity with 5 year deals. 

Yeah but we don't want to miss out on the next Carlton Morris.

26 minutes ago, rock bus said:

Wagner really needs to give the Man city youth guy a try or I would just push Rowe or even Placheta up top - does anyone really think they will do worse than Idah or Hwang at the moment? I feel we are going into each game with just 10 players.

You have of course watched the Man City youth in the two  u21 games? The very notion you suggest him clearly means you haven't. Way of first team level at present

35 minutes ago, Year of the tiger said:

As someone who was actually there I'm amazed by some of the comments. The pace the ball came in ,I do not believe Haarland would have scored. He had zero time to adjust.

Agreed. I don't think Idah is very good. However if Placheta had clipped the cross over rather than blasting then Idah would have had time to jump enough to head the ball level, or even down a bit. 

Hwang on a minute...

I thought we were bashing the South Korean lad rather than idah?

What are the boo boy rules?

Can we still blame Kenny or is he good now

I thought we had decided that hwang was crap and idah had been let off a bit....

Have we decided if it's Gibson or Duffy's fault yet?

Im all for blaming someone and getting the pitch forks but can we decide on who we blaming??