Sign in to follow this  
KiwiScot

**Official Lappinitup Match Thread - Norwich v Birmingham**

But seriously though anybody know any other managers who see their team let in six goals and then say "yeah that's fine let's play the same guys next match"

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 1

I'm not LDC, I promise, still pining for the days of Farke. But one thing Farke was so good at was giving youngsters the chance and then trusting them if they did well. There's no way Warner wouldn't even be in the match-day squad under Farke. He would have struck while the iron was hot.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

One change from Plymouth? Now that's.. uh.. Bold. Brave too.

Stupid, the word you're looking for is stupid

Edited by Ken Hairy

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

Stupid, the word you're looking for us stupid

Oi that's my line..... 

6 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Thats not how you spell stupid. 

• Haha 1

I did predict that there would be no change. What does that say to those who did well midweek? The bull that if you keep playing well you will get your chance?

This lineup has to go out and perform or the rumblings will increase.

Fassnacht playing behind Idah?

As always, it will be won or lost in midfield. Birmingham are average fodder so Sara/McLean should be able to cope...but we probably thought that last week as well.

I'll go for a 1-0 City win.

OTBC

9 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Warner not being in the squad is criminal.

Sets totally the wrong message to any young players. Says even if you play well or even better than one of the first team you still won’t make the squad. Utterly disgraceful 

• Like 1

Placheta should be a good shout - and don't forget, he was on loan with Brum last season so he might have the lowdown on a few of their players. His pace should make him a likelier out ball and keep play progressing a bit more than the ponderous possession play we were guilty of far too often at Plymouth.

Definitely want to see a Sainz cameo.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I did predict that there would be no change. What does that say to those who did well midweek? The bull that if you keep playing well you will get your chance?

This lineup has to go out and perform or the rumblings will increase.

And what does it say to those who played so badly last week.

It says there is no competition, Wagner isnt prepared to rotate or drop.players for those performing well.

Should hqve dropped several for those who played well.midweek

• Like 2

I can only see Rowe behind Idah, as Fassnacht is only left winger, Placheta will be needed wide right. 

But no Forshaw and should have been Sara in the role behind Idah. 

A big roll of the Dice by Wagner. 

4 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

I can only see Rowe behind Idah, as Fassnacht is only left winger, Placheta will be needed wide right. 

But no Forshaw and should have been Sara in the role behind Idah. 

A big roll of the Dice by Wagner. 

??...Placheta will surely be on the left?

I actually think most of Fassnachts best work this season has been when he's moved in centrally, he has the physique and an eye for goal to play there

Going to be the only one, but I'm not too unhappy with that selection. Given those who played at Plymouth the opportunity to take responsibility and prove it was a bad day at the office. It's a show of faith from the coach - up to the players to respond.

Said above I think this is a really big game. A comfortable win and it's easier to see Rotherham and Plymouth as poor performances in the midst of a decent start to the season. (A reminder that we played ok against Leicester, who will beat most teams this season). But another defeat/no-show today and it begins to look like a crisis. Presumably it'll be a draw and no one will know where we stand...

1 minute ago, king canary said:

First trip to Carrow Road since 2019 so hoping for a big backlash to the Plymouth game and a comfortable 4-0 win.

We're with you on that one.

That midfield is gonna get overrun again. And Warner not on bench whilst the donkey duo of Duffy and Gibson remain is diabolical.

Birmingham will win this.

Wagner out.

All the best.

Big Keith Scott.

Idah up front well thats it -going to be a low scoring game -me Im going for a 1-0 win for  city-midfield player to score

Edited by baldy09

Wagner is giving last week’s team tje opportunity to redeem themselves. However if they don’t step up to the plate I’d expect early substitutions.

Stuck at home with COVID so selfishly I want an uneventful game and a 1-0 win.

Equally I want Idah to score a double hat trick and a 10-0 win with 5 red cards, a dugout punch-up, Delia mooning at the away fans, a pitch invading dog, and a referee who spontaneously combusts as he is about to award Brum a penalty.

Edited by Drazen Muzinic

2 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Delia mooning at the away fans,

You're obviously struggling with it, Drazen! Get well as quickly as possible, please. 😉

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Stuck at home with COVID so selfishly I want an uneventful game and a 1-0 win.

Equally I want Idah to score a double hat trick and a 10-0 win with 5 red cards, a dugout punch-up, Delia mooning at the away fans, a pitch invading dog, and a referee who spontaneously combusts as he is about to award Brum a penalty.

I always like to see a nice bench-emptier. I also like to see a player caught diving get his head kicked in too.

• Haha 1