Sign in to follow this  
KiwiScot

**Official Lappinitup Match Thread - Norwich v Birmingham**

9 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

1300 people on a train going at 90mph. What could possibly go wrong?

****ing idiot 

It’s 2023, grow up thinking you need a human driving a train

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

We didn't play worse with Forshaw on. We consolidated at the back. Of course Birmingham had more of the ball but that was because we invited them to come and get it.

Really, I mean really? Not necassily a reflection on Forshaw's abilities but far from consolidating when he came we were far weaker and struggling to move the ball up the pitch. If Brum had scored the free header we would have been hanging on. If we want to get Sara on the ball, and I think we all do, he needs space and he gets that facing forward rather than backwards on the half turn.

2 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

No, I think he generally had a poor game, too, except for the goal. OK, that's a big 'except', but I don't think he's suited to a playmaker role. He often overhits passes, has nothing like Sara's awareness of what is going on around him on the pitch, and has a tendency to be selfish. I'm not saying he's not a good player - he's a very good player. But for me he's a winger or a second striker. 

He has the X factor. Dave Freezer gave him MOM. Brum were scared shîtless of him and tried to overload whichever area of the pitch he occupied. 
I know it’s all about opinions but you might need to watch that again. Watch him taking the ball side on , allowing the ball to run across his body. Watch  the space he occupied in between the lines . 
He is on a different level to most of our players right now. 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, BigFish said:

This week's fools gallery

I stand by the fact that Warner not being in the squad was a joke. He played a great game against Fulham. I thought he deserved a place on the bench to send a message to the rest of the youngsters that if you play well you will be rewarded. 

Not sure why that makes me a fool but okay whatever. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Where did you offer your own opinion or counter what those posters said prior to the game kicking off? I must have missed it.

Enjoy the win and stop behaving like a d*ck.

OTBC

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

Sainz has 4 minutes to show his stuff.

Didn't touch the ball. Would have been nice for him to come on 10 minutes earlier.

1 hour ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

I think what also helped is the second half we seemed to be pressing higher and more intensely again allowing Gabby to move forward more and not have to sit back. 

This is a really sharp piece of analysis. If you want Sara on the ball in offensive areas you need to move the entire team up the pitch rather than restructure it.

Was weird to see Gibson pushing further up the pitch, maybe to push a bit of physical presence into midfield? It did cause Sara to drop really deep at times though to cover

1 hour ago, Ken Hairy said:

Really good performance,  perfect response to last week. My only negative is the amounts of fans who left early around me, bloody applaud your team off the pitch when you've won 2-0!!!

Spot on. River end upper was half full near me by the final whistle. I suspect some have to leave early but those last five minutes as a city fan are often defining or exciting. 

• Like 1

Missed the game flying between Berlin and Billund, just sat at Billund awaiting the flight back home. 

Can't moan. A win, a clean sheet, and most of those who were in the shytemare at Plymouth essentially redeemed themselves for now. We had stuttering games under Farke when we'd been beaten or were on shaky spells, so hopefully this will be the shot in the arm the team needs.

9 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Really, I mean really? Not necassily a reflection on Forshaw's abilities but far from consolidating when he came we were far weaker and struggling to move the ball up the pitch. If Brum had scored the free header we would have been hanging on. If we want to get Sara on the ball, and I think we all do, he needs space and he gets that facing forward rather than backwards on the half turn.

...do you really think Sara should be dropping between our two centre halves to pick up the ball...rather than operating as an attacking midfielder where he can get into areas like hs did today to provide a goal threat?

You may call me a fool...but you sir are a f**king idiot

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Where did you offer your own opinion or counter what those posters said prior to the game kicking off? I must have missed it.

Enjoy the win and stop behaving like a d*ck.

OTBC

Excellently articulated comment, well done

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

...do you really think Sara should be dropping between our two centre halves to pick up the ball...rather than operating as an attacking midfielder where he can get into areas like hs did today to provide a goal threat?

You may call me a fool...but you sir are a f**king idiot

Yes, and today pretty much proved it. Not my problem if you don't understand what is going on in front of you.

2 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Yes, and today pretty much proved it. Not my problem if you don't understand what is going on in front of you.

Oh I perfectly understand...Sara scored from a position he should be occupying all game...and not just the once where he broke forward and released the shackles imposed upon him

Completely wasting him by playing him a good 20-30 yards too deep

2 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Oh I perfectly understand...Sara scored from a position he should be occupying all game...and not just the once where he broke forward and released the shackles imposed upon him

Evidence of understanding is totally absent from your posts. "Shackles" really, or tactics. Tactics that enabled the space for him to score. "Wasted" after a 2-0 win, strange analysis that. You should read some of the tactical analysis 0 you might then have a clue.

Just now, BigFish said:

Evidence of understanding is totally absent from your posts. "Shackles" really, or tactics. Tactics that enabled the space for him to score. "Wasted" after a 2-0 win, strange analysis that. You should read some of the tactical analysis 0 you might then have a clue.

...i sure as hell know we wouldnt have lost 6-2 at plymouth with a midfield of McLean/Forshaw/Sara

3 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

...i sure as hell know we wouldnt have lost 6-2 at plymouth with a midfield of McLean/Forshaw/Sara

In case you hadn't noticed we won today, 2-0, employing the tactics that you decry......and when Foshaw was added to the mix we played much worse.

5 minutes ago, BigFish said:

In case you hadn't noticed we won today, 2-0, employing the tactics that you decry......and when Foshaw was added to the mix we played much worse.

...so where was your 'tactical analysis' last week?

...and as for playing worse?...its a different game/mentality when you're 2-0 up and the attacking onus is no longer you and you're seeing a game out

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I dont think you do. Sara and McLean are being played as number 8s, not 6s. They both have license to get forward like Sara did for the first goal. He hadn't suddenly changed position, but the wingers got more involved and carried us further up the pitch. 

The difference is we were disciplined in doing it at the right time where as vs Plymouth Sara regularly got caught very high up the pitch giving the ball away in Central areas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BigFish said:

How can you be a fool for giving a valid opinion BEFOREa game, yet Big Fish knows better by giving an opinion AFTER the game. Any d*ck can do that Big Fish.

Thankfully the players have redeemed themselves, but clear now Wagner likes his favourite players regardless of form.

Big Fish. This weeks d*ckhead

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I dont think you do. Sara and McLean are being played as number 8s, not 6s. They both have license to get forward like Sara did for the first goal. He hadn't suddenly changed position, but the wingers got more involved and carried us further up the pitch. 

The difference is we were disciplined in doing it at the right time where as vs Plymouth Sara regularly got caught very high up the pitch giving the ball away in Central areas.

11 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

...so where was your 'tactical analysis' last week?

...and as for playing worse?...its a different game/mentality when you're 2-0 up and the attacking onus is no longer you and you're seeing a game out

I think @hogesar puts it very well @GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary.

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Well.. i think i do

We still havent really nailed it since Sargents injury

Dont think anyone can really say the Rowe experiment at no.10 really worked today, and it was only when he went back out wide that he found the space to score.

We saw what happens last week when we paired Hwang and Idah..  it left our midfield far too open.

So people are offering their opinion on who should best be deployed in that advanced midfeld area and many think Sara

..  and yet they are labelled as 'fools' by others who themselves dont offer an opinion

As for you, just surprised you didnt quote some XG figures 

8 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

How can you be a fool for giving a valid opinion BEFOREa game, yet Big Fish knows better by giving an opinion AFTER the game. Any d*ck can do that Big 

BF never posts before games then comes sniffing about after. Pay him no heed, he provides post match amusement if nothing else 

• Like 1