Sign in to follow this  
KiwiScot

**Official Lappinitup Match Thread - Norwich v Birmingham**

A big response is needed today as we host Birmingham City after last weeks game brought home the terrible form that had been creeping back in. Of course there is a decent team in there and I'm confident in 3 points for the Canaries. OTBC.

ed687fa7-b23a-4da3-8726-e640d863780f.thumb.jpg.50c07971667fb121b4d460cb11c7c249.jpg

News - The McCraken goes on loan to Accrington. Blackburn rearranged for the 5th, 12pm. No new injuries. Sainz "Wagner is urging patience with welcoming him back into the fray further." Birmingham have a few injuries which should help us.

Match Preview - https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/norwich-city/preview/preview-norwich-vs-birmingham-prediction-team-news-lineups_525233.html

Birminghams match thread - https://wewilljourneyon.proboards.com/thread/7744/ncfc-bcfc-match-thread

Edited by KiwiScot
  • Like 2

Big shout out to the train drivers on strike today who’ve ruined the matchday experience for a big section of the crowd because you literally want more than £65k for doing a job that should have been fully automated 25 years ago.

• Like 5
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Well in with an early matchday thread.

It feels a bigger match than what a glance at the fixture list makes it out to be. Really looking forward to it.

How will Wagner's team selection go? A chance for redemption for last week's donkeys? Some have a dim view of Placheta, but I actually think he deserves a start today.

Lets hope they put in a performance akin to earlier in the season. Otherwise it's going to be quite hostile this afternoon I suspect, unfortunately.

Hoping for a couple of changes to the team that started against Leicester, Placheta and Forshaw in for starts would be good. Would not mind seeing Gibbs heavily involved as well.

For me Mclean and Sara dont offer anywhere near enough defensive protection, so would like to see Forshaw, and even Gibbs paired together, freeing sara up for further forward,behind Idah

Also feel.Duffy and Gibson are under pressure after last weeks horror show and Warner and Batth could well be pressing to replace them. Imo i just cant believe in Gibson who cant seem to go.more than a game or two before having a nightmare game.

Hopefully see more of Sainz later in the game

Edited by Samwam27
Error

A good performance and three points is needed to restore some confidence and keep the crowd happy, Birmingham haven't beaten City at CR for 20 years so the omens are good.

41 minutes ago, DraytonBoy said:

A good performance and three points is needed to restore some confidence and keep the crowd happy, Birmingham haven't beaten City at CR for 20 years so the omens are good.

You just had to say it didn't you?

1 hour ago, DraytonBoy said:

"Birmingham haven't beaten City at CR for 20 years"

Oh why did you jinx it? And Rotherham had not won in six matches and Argyle were in freefall blah blah blah

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

3 hours ago, KiwiScot said:

A big response is needed today as we host Birmingham City after last weeks game brought home the terrible form that had been creeping back in. Of course there is a decent team in there and I'm confident in 3 points for the Canaries. OTBC.

ed687fa7-b23a-4da3-8726-e640d863780f.thumb.jpg.50c07971667fb121b4d460cb11c7c249.jpg

News - The McCraken goes on loan to Accrington. Blackburn rearranged for the 5th, 12pm. No new injuries. Sainz "Wagner is urging patience with welcoming him back into the fray further." Birmingham have a few injuries which should help us.

Match Preview - https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/norwich-city/preview/preview-norwich-vs-birmingham-prediction-team-news-lineups_525233.html

So DW is saying he will be on the bench at best. There seems to be pretty much unanimous agreement that Sara is wasted playing so deep. Lets hope DW puts Forshaw in there and pushes Sara further up maybe even to 10. I think Placheta deserves a chance and either Rowe or Fassnacht can make way.

Iwould like to see

Long

Stacey Duffy Warner Dimi

Kenny Forshaw

Sainz Sara Placheta

Adam

But I know in my heart it will be little unchanged from last week.

I don't think DW has any real go in him and needs to swell his cahunas. Can't he see we played well at the start because we attacked. Now we are back to playing it around for the sake of it. Its far easier to defend when a team is playing the ball in front of you than behind you.

2 up top doesn't work unless you have really hard working strikers like Sargent or someone clever who drops deep like Barnes, playing Hwang and Idah up top is stupid as they don't work well together or offer enough help for the midfield so for me we do some variety of 451, I'd go with

Gunn 

Stacey    Duffy    Gibson   Dimi

McLean Forshaw

Sainz           Sara           Rowe     

Idah

I think we can get away with Duffy and Gibson with the extra protection Forshaw offers so long as neither of them have a complete howler again and I'm hesitant to throw Batth in right away or Warner in a game where the crowd might turn if things don't go our way. I'd rather Sainz starts even if it's only for 30 minutes instead of coming on late because it's so important for us to get the first goal in a game like this, we don't want to have to break Birmingham down if they get one early and sit back, I'd like to start Onel but he's just so badly out of form right now and Placheta's better as a sub. Sara pushed further forward to play where he's dangerous and having both Sara and Sainz forward will hopefully give Rowe more space to play in as teams have started doubling up on him. 

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DraytonBoy said:

That’s decided then,  a big bet on Birmingham .

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

2 up top doesn't work unless you have really hard working strikers like Sargent or someone clever who drops deep like Barnes, playing Hwang and Idah up top is stupid as they don't work well together or offer enough help for the midfield so for me we do some variety of 451, I'd go with

Gunn 

McLean Forshaw

Idah

I think we can get away with Duffy and Gibson with the extra protection Forshaw offers so long as neither of them have a complete howler again and I'm hesitant to throw Batth in right away or Warner in a game where the crowd might turn if things don't go our way. I'd rather Sainz starts even if it's only for 30 minutes instead of coming on late because it's so important for us to get the first goal in a game like this, we don't want to have to break Birmingham down if they get one early and sit back, I'd like to start Onel but he's just so badly out of form right now and Placheta's better as a sub. Sara pushed further forward to play where he's dangerous and having both Sara and Sainz forward will hopefully give Rowe more space to play in as teams have started doubling up on him. 

Think you're close but I fancy Placheta in place of Sainz.

1 hour ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

Gunn 

McLean Forshaw

Idah

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Think you're close but I fancy Placheta in place of Sainz.

Either way but he's right about missing the likes of Sargent 

Edited by Yellow Fever

1 minute ago, KiwiScot said:

For Fu(k sake 

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor
  • Like 2

i would like to see this line up personally 

Gunn 

Stacey    Duffy    Warner   Dimi

McLean Forshaw

Rowe           Sara         Placheta 

Idah

Not really rectiifying the issues of last week

Still open to being outnumbered in midfield...Sara still playing 10 yards to deep..

Theres a chance Fassnacht might be more central behind Idah , which may make a bit more sense

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary
  • Like 1

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

One change from Plymouth? Ok I'm Wagner out

if we lose today he has to go straight away ,

The players who impressed in the cup against a PL team deserved  to be in squad some to start or at least bench