chrismakin

Don't worry lads. Beating a prem side isn't for everyone.

30 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

In 2017/18 the bet was £1 per point difference between our clubs. As you know it was level points at the end of that season.

You will see from the screenshot I posted that KK suggested ‘same bet next season’ and I agreed. 

93 - 36 = 57.

I should add that Norwich fans ultimately paid his dues rather than see our DS boys and girls miss out. However  now @King Keano has finally shown his face he should still pay up and those generous City fans could have the choice of a refund or our DS boys and girls have a bonus. 

Better late than never, he should pay up - 100%. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, SwearyCanary said:

I find this back and forth so embarrassing on both sides. Objectively, two pretty mediocre teams with limited success of any real relevance in the last 30 years arguing the same boring f***ing argument over and over again. What for? Bragging rights? About what exactly? Who gives an actual f***? 

In short we are doing slightly more s*** than them after a few years of them being slightly more s*** than us. Now some c*** is going to be “well if you call 14 years ‘a few’ snark snark”. It’s honestly pathetic. 

I couldn’t give a toss what or how they’re doing, I’d like us to do well and certainly better than we are now. I’m not going to **** in my pants if we finish above them just the same as I’ll not cry if we don’t. I’m all for game day banter and a bit of back and forth but I’m certain some of those in here are actually getting genuinely triggered by this basic baiting. See enough embarrassing behaviour in derby days when middle aged dads of 3 have a beer too many and scream across the road at their arch nemesis, another middle aged dad called John or whatever. 

Can’t we all just get back to wetting ourselves over some other pointless nonsense like how we lack ambition or how badly we managed Todd Cantwell? 

I hadn’t realised that reading the threads was compulsory.If it’s not why read those threads where you find the subject matter boring?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

I hope he’s back again soon to pay up.

No chance. KingWanko is a typical freeloading , sponging scummer who thinks it’s funny to rip off local businesses. 

Anyone can have a big ground if you don’t actually pay for it . 

4 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

I hadn’t realised that reading the threads was compulsory.If it’s not why read those threads where you find the subject matter boring?

It’s not compulsory but most threads seem to morph into something else. Lost count of the number of times, for a made up example,  where a thread about say Stuart ‘ 90% ‘ Webber somehow ends up In an argument about the war in Ukraine.

Likewise any thread headed ‘ Ipswich ‘ is just as likely to descend into a wrangle about HS2 or the Lib Dems chances in the next General Election

The header is pretty irrelevant.

21 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

No chance. KingWanko is a typical freeloading , sponging scummer who thinks it’s funny to rip off local businesses. 

Anyone can have a big ground if you don’t actually pay for it . 

The boy Makin got him back once. I'm sure he'll do it again as he realises how KK's welching reflects on their whole fan base.

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

Is this Binner on here does anybody reckon ?

People keep sending this guy to me! He looks like the guy from hot fuzz lol!

63F8B959-3F81-48BD-B129-D585A8B58BE3.thumb.jpeg.401aae2fe68b4579eb6a8d9b413414f4.jpeg

And they call us inbred? Look at the absolute state of them.

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Wheres the ghost of Peter the deleter and why has he not pressed 'delete thread' yet?

Nah keep this thread going, at least it's unearthed KingoKeano and hopefully he'll do the honourable thing.

Nothing wrong with a bit of banter.

I seem to remember Big Vince was a particular specimen as well.  Why is that bloke with the blue bucket hat holding a jar of mustard ? Does he like to eat dozens of hot dogs in one sitting ?

So when we played them last, which was the season they were relegated to league 1, I think we beat them at home and drew away.  Did anyone here go on their messageboard and rub it in ?  I certainly didn't care enough to, I was more interested in the fact that we were promoted as champions, them being relegated just added a bit of amusement factor.

Similarly the year we beat them 4-1 and 5-1, did anyone go on their messageboard to crow about it ?  

6 minutes ago, treacletown07 said:

I seem to remember Big Vince was a particular specimen as well.  Why is that bloke with the blue bucket hat holding a jar of mustard ? Does he like to eat dozens of hot dogs in one sitting ?

We all know they're not the brightest bunch in their little village in South Anglia. I mean given dumb and dumber are their most famous fans and all..

CtEXEqVWEAAyvtS.jpg

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

20 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

It’s not compulsory but most threads seem to morph into something else. Lost count of the number of times, for a made up example,  where a thread about say Stuart ‘ 90% ‘ Webber somehow ends up In an argument about the war in Ukraine.

Likewise any thread headed ‘ Ipswich ‘ is just as likely to descend into a wrangle about HS2 or the Lib Dems chances in the next General Election

The header is pretty irrelevant.

What do you think about the pedestrianisation of the city centre?

6 hours ago, It's Character Forming said:

So when we played them last, which was the season they were relegated to league 1, I think we beat them at home and drew away.  Did anyone here go on their messageboard and rub it in ?  I certainly didn't care enough to, I was more interested in the fact that we were promoted as champions, them being relegated just added a bit of amusement factor.

Similarly the year we beat them 4-1 and 5-1, did anyone go on their messageboard to crow about it ?  

Never been on their site,  genuine don't see the point have literally no interest in conversing with them.  I have binner friends, they'll do for any banter requirements 

• Like 1

I've never been on there either. But I'm thinking of going on there to have a friendly bet on our respective league positions in May. I like their rules on paying up if you lose...

On 27/09/2023 at 21:48, chrismakin said:

Oops

The Binners have only had the opportunity to beat Prem teams when in cup competitions in the last, err, 22 years.

A good cup run does not help you in the league. It just gives more opportunities for injuries/fatigue/suspensions. I don’t know who remembers our season in League One when we were competing with Leeds for the title but Leeds were top of the league at first and went on a good cup run, including a win at Old Trafford but their cup run just provided as a distraction for them and they ended up finishing in second place, with us winning the title

1 minute ago, HazzaJet said:

A good cup run does not help you in the league. It just gives more opportunities for injuries/fatigue/suspensions. I don’t know who remembers our season in League One when we were competing with Leeds for the title but Leeds were top of the league at first and went on a good cup run, including a win at Old Trafford but their cup run just provided as a distraction for them and they ended up finishing in second place, with us winning the title

A good cup run can foster confidence and cohesion too. Not to mention can be really great for fans who are enduing tough times in the league. I'll always remember a season we were utter dross in the league. It was when Chris Brown (the striker we signed from Sunderland) was playing for us. Somehow we got to the ... quarter finals? Fifth round? Can't remember. But we played against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. Played okay for 60 minutes before I think they turned it on a bit more and we ended up losing 4-0. I'm sure we conceded two in stoppage time, although not sure. Was just nice to go to a match not feeling the inevitable sense of doom a bad league campaign gives you.

With Wolves result today does it now mean that Ipswich are the best side in the land? Pretty sure that's how it works....

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Going to be binner free on here for a while, hooray!

Hope not. I need to know which bin to put out on Monday.

• Haha 1

Staying out of the PL for over 20 years is not for everyone, nor is being stuck in the 3rd tier for 4 seasons for everyone.

I cannot think our lot would be happy with dodging trophies for over 30 years either

The_Moment_Carter_Opens_the_Shrine.thumb.jpg.3df9032c8a3b63dbed5f48256f9876b1.jpg

Time Team crack open the binner trophy cabinet after decades of being sealed up.

"I think I can make out some tin pot. There, behind the yellowing picture of Eric Gates - whose face was used to ward off evil spirits."

• Haha 4