Bradwell canary

Three up, then what?

After they went three up, after some really good football, what did they do then?

Go for the jugular, no they started to play around in their own goal area. Which they are that good at. 
That is where this very entertaining game completely eased off for me.

• Confused 1

Just now, Bradwell canary said:

After they went three up, after some really good football, what did they do then?

Go for the jugular, no they started to play around in their own goal area. Which they are that good at. 

We were  3-0 up - it was a hot day and it's a very long season - the game was comfortably won - under the circumstances what they did was completely understandable. 

But massive congratulations to you on your ingenuity in finding something to moan about. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

A clean sheet would've been lovely but as @Thirsty Lizard says, the game was won - it's called game management. As satisfying as it would've been winning by 5 or 6, there's no bonus points available for a bigger goal margin. We've scored 9 goals in 3 league games, that in itself is very satisfying already.  

I was hoping for a fourth, goal difference and all that.

Then they scored.

The substitutes were justifiable with the game won, but the impetus was handed to a poor Millwall side much more than should have been expected, and they were then able  able to have their best spell (4 corners was it?)

I thought the same thing as I did at St. Mary's ...... where was Gibbs?

Edited by BroadstairsR

Think it's important to recognise that this board provides a valuable service for the terminally grumpy to let off some steam. There are probably fewer wives getting shouted at on Saturday nights, fewer cats getting kicked. Better we take the brunt than them - we're only virtual, after all. On the ball, City.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Think it's important to recognise that this board provides a valuable service for the terminally grumpy to let off some steam. There are probably fewer wives getting shouted at on Saturday nights, fewer cats getting kicked. Better we take the brunt than them - we're only virtual, after all. On the ball, City.

Although that low screaming fizzer Sargent whacked inches wide was probably kicked harder than Kurt Zouma's cat.

9 minutes ago, Inch High aka Inchy.. said:

We win 3-1 and what does Bradwell do, he finds another way to whine. 

Well done on your effort this week 7/10.

It’s not an infallible rule, but posters called “xxxxxxx Canary” do seem to be grumpy/miserable boggers. Bradwell, Highland, then there was Lincoln way back when, plus many more.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

It’s not an infallible rule, but posters called “xxxxxxx Canary” do seem to be grumpy/miserable boggers. Bradwell, Highland, then there was Lincoln way back when, plus many more.

Also posters called "Big xxxxx"

All the best...

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Bradwell canary said:

Too many 'they'.

Your either with us or you're against us.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I take umbrage at this gross & insulting generalisation. Put me right back in a mood that has.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Too many 'they'.

Your either with us or you're against us.

Just say “binner”, it’s quicker. 😘

Just now, paddycanary said:

I take umbrage at this gross & insulting generalisation. Put me right back in a mood that has.

Ah, but yours is all one word. You get a pass.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

This is slander I'll see you in court

I'll take conceding when we're scoring 9 goals in our opening 3 league games.  South American style! :classic_cool:

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ricardo said:

Every silver lining has a cloud.

They could have done something about the sun , was extremely bright. Damn you Wagner.😁

6 hours ago, Bradwell canary said:

The Millwall goal was unquestionably Delia's fault. Of that, there can be no doubt whatsoever.

6 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

I was hoping for a fourth, goal difference and all that.

Then they scored.

The substitutes were justifiable with the game won, but the impetus was handed to a poor Millwall side much more than should have been expected, and they were then able  able to have their best spell (4 corners was it?)

I thought the same thing as I did at St. Mary's ...... where was Gibbs?

He was left on the bench.

I remember when we went 5-1 up at Portman road and were absolutely rubbish after that. I left the ground fuming. Totally unacceptable. 

Edited by Mr.Carrow
  • Haha 1

Of course it had nothing to do with substitutions, both theirs and ours. Games do change then and that is what is supposed to happen. They changed their midfield to try and compete more which they did.

The chants from their fans - 'Gary Rowett your football is ****' probably stirred some sort of reaction too, even if a token effort to show you are trying.

20 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

The chants from their fans - 'Gary Rowett your football is ****' probably stirred some sort of reaction too, even if a token effort to show you are trying.

Did you notice they were singing 'there's only one Gary Rowett' after they scored?  Cheeky lot them Millwall chaps!

10 hours ago, Bradwell canary said:

Game was won, we used our squad players and got minutes in legs 

Nothing to see here