Idah to lead the front line I’d imagine, let’s see if that goal against Hull can help to kick start his career. Anyone else who you’d give a start in the starting eleven? 

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Idah to lead the front line I’d imagine, let’s see if that goal against Hull can help to kick start his career. Anyone else who you’d give a start in the starting eleven? 

Rashica, Sorenson, Placheta

Krul

Fisher  Omobamidele Warner McCallum 

Springett  Gibbs  Nunez  Placheta

Fassnacht

Idah

The unappestising 2nd round draw has probably confirmed...if it wasnt already, to make 11 changes

• Like 3

Reyes

Fisher.       Omobamidele warner. McCallum 

Springett.   Gibbs      Nunez.      Onel 

Placheta 

Idah 

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I imagine it will look somewhat like this.

team11.jpg

What have you been smoking, Cambridge? Placheta is a left winger and Fassnacht is a right winger and you want them to play on the wrong wings? Why play Fisher in CB for his first competitive start? That seems ridiculous for a young lad. And then you play first team players who really need a break. Stacey, Sara 

Line up if up to me would be... 

GK Krul
RB Fisher
CB Omo
CB Warner
LB McCallum
CM Gibbs 
CM McLean (Sorenson isn't fit I thought and I think his leadership would be valuable). 
AMR Fassnacht
AMC Nunez
AML Placheta
SC Idah

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Krul

Fassnacht

Idah

The unappestising 2nd round draw has probably confirmed...if it wasnt already, to make 11 changes

Do we not need to field a certain number who played the last match, lest we get fined for "not respecting the cup competitions"

Edited by cornish sam

42 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

Do we not need to field a certain number who played the last match, lest we get fined for "not respecting the cup competitions"

If thats the case we'd be in good company...plenty made wholesale changes , include many who changed the whole XI last week...Ipswich Southampton and Leicester were 3 that immediately spring to mind

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

10 minutes ago, Serinus Canaria Domestica said:

The shadow squads picked here indicate a pretty solid first 20-22. Plenty of Champs clubs would be happy with some of these as a starting 11 in the League.

I’m sure at the start of the Hull game several posters were saying how thin our bench was, but I agree with you.

3 hours ago, cornish sam said:

Southampton changed all 11

4 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

If thats the case we'd be in good company...plenty made wholesale changes , include many who changed the whole XI last week...Ipswich Southampton and Leicester were 3 that immediately spring to mind

1 hour ago, CANARYKING said:

Southampton changed all 11

That doesn't mean they won't be fined for it, but having dug it's not as stringent as I thought (unlike the EFL trophy):

Regulation 6.5 says: “Each Club shall play its full available strength in and during all Cup Competition matches, unless some satisfactory reason is given. The Board will from time to time issue a policy as to what constitutes 'full available strength'.”

Or at least it did 3 years ago...

Edited by cornish sam

Genuinely couldn't give a toss, especially given the second-round draw. I'm sure DW won't do this, but I'd just shake up the whole lot:

Reyes
Fisher Warner Omobamidele (c) McCallum
Gibbs Nunez
Fassnacht Springett Placheta
Idah

By all means have a strong bench, but I'd be looking for maximum rotation to keep our first XI fresh for Millwall.

Edited by Feedthewolf
  • Like 6

On 13/08/2023 at 16:44, Serinus Canaria Domestica said:

The shadow squads picked here indicate a pretty solid first 20-22. Plenty of Champs clubs would be happy with some of these as a starting 11 in the League.

Really? If that was our first 11 we'd be finishing bottom of the league by a country mile. 

Well I guess Krul won't be involved.

I'd like us to treat this fairly seriously, albeit significant rotation, as it gives a chance for all the sguad to get minutes on the pitch and at least be available and ready should we have an injury crisis and/or suspensions at some point.

Barden

Fisher

Omo

Gibson

McCallum

Gibbs

Nunez

Fassnacht

Barnes

Idah

Springett

GK. Krul

LB. McCallum

CB. Gibson 

CB. Duffy

RB. Fisher

CM. McLean

CM. Gibbs

AML. Rowe

AM. Nunez

AMR. Fassnacht

ST. Sargent

2 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Genuinely couldn't give a toss, especially given the second-round draw. I'm sure DW won't do this, but I'd just shake up the whole lot:

Agree with this. Really don't care if we lose and go out of this competition. Concentrate on the league.

• Like 1

On 13/08/2023 at 14:44, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Krul

Fassnacht

Idah

Think it will be along those lines. I really hope Warner gets a run out as I’ve liked what I’ve seen so far. Think he could be the next new big thing. 

I don’t care about the cup one bit and treat it in the same way Lambert did, an ugly distraction. We know we’re not going to win it and so I prefer us out of it ASAP, so we can concentrate on the league. As a result of this I would name an all new starting XI.

A good cup run doesn’t help your performance in the league, Leeds proved that in our League One season and I believe I’ve also read that last time we won it we got relegated from the old First Division?

A good cup run = More games = More chances for injuries/fatigue/suspensions

On 13/08/2023 at 09:24, cambridgeshire canary said:

I imagine it will look somewhat like this.

team11.jpg

To be fair I imagine it'll look nothing g like that! Fisher at cb?! He looks like he weighs about 45 kg!