I am told Rob Butler has announced Chris Goreham will not be presenting the Scrimmage on Radio Norfolk this season and his replacement will be Chris Reeve. It is at such a time i am so glad that i do not listen to it.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Confirmed by Chris and the news gets even better! He’s not leaving TNC either. Pre season talk on here can be laborious but I’m sure this announcement has given many of us a much needed lift. 

10 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Confirmed by Chris and the news gets even better! He’s not leaving TNC either. Pre season talk on here can be laborious but I’m sure this announcement has given many of us a much needed lift. 

Sa-fishing GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

My first thought reading this was shock and horror.

But then, you know, it ain't going to hurt to have a refresh.  If Chris can learn to cool it a little, could be an interesting listen.

4 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

I am told Rob Butler has announced Chris Goreham will not be presenting the Scrimmage on Radio Norfolk this season and his replacement will be Chris Reeve. It is at such a time i am so glad that i do not listen to it.

What an absolute clusterfùck that sounds like….

Cambridgeshire canary will be besides himself 

" hate on him "

How old are you, 9 ?

People are merely stating they think he will not be as good as the previous incumbent. Which is an opinion. Something he will be expressing every broadcast. 

I see NO expressions of hate in that.

• Like 3

Did Chris Goreham have something to do with Farage’s bank account?

In all fairness, I wish both Chris and Chris all the best and look forward to the refreshing new direction that The Scrummage will take. 

Lovely talented young man getting on with his career. Lovely stuff 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Clearly some master tactic to make Rob Butler look sage and less annoying. Genius move by Rob 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Clearly hoping he brings some controversial energy to the show. A very polarising appointment.

I'm very happily in the 'no thanks' pile, however. 

People say they don’t like the appointment, but don’t outline why. 

I’ll tell you why I don’t like TNC, they feel like a couple of public school boys aping what they think it is to be a modern media archetype and go down to the “footer with the lads”. Perhaps they could go live in a big city for a few years and come back with more street smarts which might dilute their underlying conservatism. 

They also have a tendency to appear very cringeworthy and patronising at times. They don’t feel like the “Everyman” approach to reporting like Bailey and Hodge on Nodge to reference a modern fan pundit. 

There’s a certain aloofness to them which creates a barrier between being able to relate and like them. And that’s my two penneth for what it’s worth.

• Like 1

Worth noting that TNC have a really good following of younger fans. It doesn't surprise me considering the demographic on here that the reaction is broadly negative, but if it gets the younger generation feeling more involved with NCFC then I'm all for it. 

Personally never really bothered with the Scrimmage myself.

5 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Worth noting that TNC have a really good following of younger fans. It doesn't surprise me considering the demographic on here that the reaction is broadly negative, but if it gets the younger generation feeling more involved with NCFC then I'm all for it. 

Personally never really bothered with the Scrimmage myself.

More a TNC fan?

18 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

More a TNC fan?

To be honest I don't follow either regularly although there's been a couple TNC's with ex-players I've enjoyed.

As not one of the younger fans, I find the TNC lads pretty entertaining and amusing.   Their depth of game understanding isn't the highest but they'd probably acknowledge that but what they provide is interesting and informed content about the club and well delivered too.    It's free as well so you can't even complain its not value for money and of course you don't have to watch or listen to it.    

They put themselves out there, give up their time and even raise money for charity.     Those that criticise either of them need a reality check.   It's better than nothing or else don't watch it. 

• Like 3

Surprise surprise, the ageing demographic on this forum don't approve of TNC. What a microcosm of so much of this club that is plagued by an unwillingness to embrace change and move with the times. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Surprise surprise, the ageing demographic on this forum don't approve of TNC. What a microcosm of so much of this club that is plagued by an unwillingness to embrace change and move with the times. 

When you read some of that stuff above, you do wonder the mentality of some people, criticising  lads just putting some content out there.    They don't have to listen, (they obviously do!!!) but it seems an automatic necessity to be critical.   Fair play to Jack and Chris, they put themselves out there.    I prefer them to the Pinkun chaps by a distance.  

• Like 2

Quite. They are brave and self-assured enough to put their heads above the parapet. Good for them. 

They are Norwich City fans after all and seem to enjoy that fact. I don't mind their podcasts one little bit, although I invariably turn them off before they are half finished. 

All a bit geeky. Then are not we all on this forum in one way or the other. 

• Like 1

Chris Reeves is very marmite. Personally not my cup of tea or sandwich spread if you will but the thing that gets me is his lack of football knowledge. I have seen him on other football podcasts and his knowledge of tactics and even Norwich City FC itself are seen to be lacking even with podcasters who have no affiliation to our club. Like him or not I do feel he is unqualified to be doing what he does but if people like him fair enough.