2clubbanker

Jamel Lewis going to the sc** watford on loan

28 minutes ago, 2clubbanker said:

Why can’t we get him back much better than the dross we have at left back !!

He's really not.

23 minutes ago, Paul101 said:

why the hate for Watford ? find them annoying but thats about it

Yeah, it's a bit odd calling them scum. Never had any problems with them. Hell, they are a club who wear one of the same colours as us, have a similar sized stadium, have bounced up and down from the championship and the prem and even have a famous celebrity at the club just like us.

If anything I have always had a bit of a soft spot for them

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Canary dwarf said:

Overated good riddance!

Really. He was excellent for us. Another member of an exciting young side. Why the hate?

• Like 5

Indeed he was an excellent player with no malice, shame it hasn’t worked out but we got good money for him.

I’d welcome him back no worries.

1 hour ago, Paul101 said:

why the hate for Watford ? find them annoying but thats about it

If you read the poster’s name he supports 2 clubs. From memory the other club is Luton

• Like 1

There's only one sc*m.  Watford are not them, unless they've moved to Suffolk.....

Actually feel a bit sorry for them with the way their club is run with revolving door head coaches. The days of Elton John and Graham Taylor seem a long time ago.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

There's only one sc*m.  Watford are not them, unless they've moved to Suffolk.....

Actually feel a bit sorry for them with the way their club is run with revolving door head coaches. The days of Elton John and Graham Taylor seem a long time ago.

How many managers do you think Watford will have gone through by Christmas this year? What was it last season, 3 or 4..?

42 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Really. He was excellent for us. Another member of an exciting young side. Why the hate?

Yeah, don't get it at all. Not like he forced a move or anything, we were happy to sell and got good money. I'd have him back here.

• Like 2

Do people really think Jamal was poor or overrated? I think he's probably the best left back we've had in many years and a definite cut above the very ordinary two players we have in that position at the moment 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Do people really think Jamal was poor or overrated? I think he's probably the best left back we've had in many years and a definite cut above the very ordinary two players we have in that position at the moment 

He suited that Farke team very well. Would argue his athleticism would make him suit a Wagner one too. Personally I'd sell Giannoulis and bring him back.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

He suited that Farke team very well. Would argue his athleticism would make him suit a Wagner one too. Personally I'd sell Giannoulis and bring him back.

Me too but we'd have to find a buyer for Dimi or the other one. And I would guess that Jamal will be close to family at Watford. 

7 hours ago, Canary dwarf said:

Overated good riddance!

Eh? What did he do to deserve that hate? It's not his fault Newcastle offered way over the odds for him.

I'll not quickly forget his and Aarons breakthrough season here and the catalyst it was for Farkeball.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Commonsense said:

I’m a Luton fan that likes Norwich as my second team watford will always be scum as Norwich fans call Ipswich scum 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 2clubbanker said:

I'm not much of a Giannoulis or Mcallum fan but he's no better than those two. A good athlete and that's about it. 

9 hours ago, 2clubbanker said:

TBH im not a fan of resigning players, especially ones on large wages. Good player, nothing special.

IF we didn't have two left-backs who are probably good enough for this division, but equally we wouldn't get good fees for, i'd have him back for sure.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Depends on your perspective I guess 

1 hour ago, 2clubbanker said:

I’m a Luton fan that likes Norwich as my second team watford will always be scum as Norwich fans call Ipswich scum 

You got a ticket for West Ham game? Wasn’t surprised Burnley was called off 

Think Jamal has been unlucky at Newcastle, can’t recall the detail (bit of memory fade) but my impression is that he often got the rap for poor decisions and reading of the play by some of those around him in his early days and never recovered from the resulting perceptions. Feels like Jacob too had a rough ride earlyish and delighted for him that he has ridden it out and with St Max looking on the way to the desert for FFP reasons, his time at the Toon looks to have come – who would’ve predicted any of that two years ago? Proper Sliding Doors stuff – what might’ve happened if Jacob clicked early doors and Rafa came back for Josh ‘Where is he Now’ Murphy? But there’s no path to redemption for Jamal at Newcastle where the squad strength has overtaken him. Did they overpay for him? Probably – Mr Webber would make a great poker player! But if he was what they were looking for at that point, well that was what his value was. Can only wish him well wherever he lands.

Edited by crispeduk
sloppy punctuation

He'll be one of the best fullbacks in this league, I'm sure.  Really like him, but wouldn't want him back purely as we've got our own and would be a waste of wages.

Although, if Max was staying it would be a great reunion to have them on either side again from a sentimental perspective.

• Like 1

I think he was very over rated when here and we did really well to get the money for him that we did (that's one thing Webber does tend to do well at).

BUT he is was better than Giannoulis and McCallum (although not sure why he hasnt been given more of a chance). 

That probably just shows how far we have now fallen back.

3 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Eh? What did he do to deserve that hate? It's not his fault Newcastle offered way over the odds for him.

I'll not quickly forget his and Aarons breakthrough season here and the catalyst it was for Farkeball.

It's not hate! Sam Byran was being played out of position ahead of him at left back until he picked up yet another injury , Jamal became very negative going backwards all time !

4 hours ago, lake district canary said:

That's because they were a long time ago old lad-nearly 40 years since Sir Elton wept at the FA Cup Final?