7 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

i think he will do well at leeds ,

I wanted him sacked because i thought Webber was going to keep his word and get someone in same sort of style ,

IF i had known we were replacing Farke with smith and totally changing style etc i would have stuck with Farke ,,

I am gutted that leeds have Farke  and we have Wagner ,

Could have been so different if we had appointed the right man to replace Farke 

You change managers mid-season and you will always have a small pool to choose from.

If you're making a mid season change though when your back is against the wall, the last thing you want to do is choose someone to work with all the same resources who will do all the same things. Otherwise, what's the point of a mid-season change?

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

Just now, Pyro Pete said:

It was always likely Daniel would get another job in the Championship. But still...

7qfryp.jpg

Wagner supported Webber and is on a sticky wicket.

He’s going into this season with precious little time. 

38 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

But it really does exasperate me that people still talk like sacking him after 2 points in 10 games in the Premier League was some sort of awful betrayal.

I think it was the sacking after 3 points in 1 game that did for a lot of people. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

You change managers mid-season and you will always have a small pool to choose from.

If you're making a mid season change though when your back is against the wall, the last thing you want to do is choose someone to work with all the same resources who will do all the same things. Otherwise, what's the point of a mid-season change?

Yes i understand your point 

But we are told by the Webbers we are always looking at managers across the world etc so when it happens we can employ another head coach without changing the style etc

maybe similar is the right word  but to rip up everything was madness 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

But we are told by the Webbers we are always looking at managers across the world etc so when it happens we can employ another head coach without changing the style etc

Yes and we’re not moving on are we?

Things are worse now. 

Parma 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

I wanted him sacked because i thought Webber was going to keep his word and get someone in same sort of style ,

IF i had known we were replacing Farke with smith and totally changing style etc i would have stuck with Farke ,,

I agree. The key mistake wasn't sacking Farke, it was appointing Smith.

Neither sacking (Farke nor Smith) and subsequent hiring (Smith and Wagner) has shone a good light on Webber. On both occasions he seemed nonplussed, as if the sacking had come out of the blue rather than being his own decision, and unprepared in terms of possible replacements (Lampard or Smith - oh, puh-lease!). Then, in both cases, he seems to have gone for the easy option. In the case of Smith, this was disastrous. As for Wagner, the jury's still out, but it's not looking promising at the time of writing.

22 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I think it was the sacking after 3 points in 1 game that did for a lot of people. 

Wasn't the decision made before the Brentford game but it hadn't been signed off? Vaguely remember reading something on those lines.

16 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

You mean that after scouring the globe, you think we didn't hire the best man for the job, and that his friendship with Webber was coincidental? Like how when we searched all over Europe in 2014 the best man for the job was someone who was already employed by the club?

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

The problem was never Farke.

The problem was the recruitment that had been done in the summer: nowhere near enough experience and the gambles on youngsters all failed.

No, it was both. The idea that Farke is the blameless footballing deity that some seem to peddle is utterly ridiculous.  I’ll happily see him succeed, but don’t really care that much and certainly wont spend any time worrying about it.

9 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Wasn't the decision made before the Brentford game but it hadn't been signed off? Vaguely remember reading something on those lines.

I thought the decision was made on the Thursday before, but my memory might not be correct. I remember Delia and MWJ had a` face like the Pope had just died at the ground. It did seem very odd to sack Farke after a game he had actually won, but that's all history now. 

Edited by komakino

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Like @Parma Ham's gone mouldy feeling sad at this prospect, but there is clear problem here. The NCFC v Leeds fixture this season on Oct 12th. 

About twelve games in, with presumably a lot of new players trying to settle in, Wagner trying to reverse the downward trend from last season, ......really the atmosphere could well be toxic by then and Leeds coming and rubbing our noses in it with Farke in charge will just about be the worst thing for morale. We'll even know by then if Webber is going there. 

Interesting season coming up, football is a strange world, but Farke coming to CR with a main rival, should  not be happening. Thrown out trying to do the impossible, when he should have been nurtured and encouraged. 

So, here's a question for you ... if Farke's Leeds win at Carrow Road does Daniel give the away fans The Wave???!

2 minutes ago, komakino said:

I thought the decision was made on the Thursday before, but my memory might not be correct. I remember Delia and MWJ had a` face like the Pope had just died at the ground. It did seem very odd to sack Farke after a game he had actually won, but that's all history now. 

That's pretty much what I remember reading, I think it was from the Athletic.

Just now, Cantiaci Canary said:

So, here's a question for you ... if Farke's Leeds win at Carrow Road does Daniel give the away fans The Wave???!

The home support singing “Farkes on a horse”

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

No, it was both. The idea that Farke is the blameless footballing deity that some seem to peddle is utterly ridiculous.  I’ll happily see him succeed, but don’t really care that much and certainly wont spend any time worrying about it.

Of course he wasn't blameless and of course he had his faults. But so does every single player and every single coach, including Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Pep Guardiola.

When you consider Farke's strengths and weaknesses as a whole, and look at every level of the club from top to bottom, I certainly don't think he was the problem. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Of course he does. Unlike Lambert the man has class and would get the balance right on his return. 

15 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

You would have thought so, but the best managers I've worked for are open-minded to the fact that their decisions could be wrong. The Brentford away win earned him a stab at Southampton and Wolves at home. We may have won them both. Smith managed 4 points and he was garbage.

4 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

The problem was never Farke.

The problem was the recruitment that had been done in the summer: nowhere near enough experience and the gambles on youngsters all failed.

To be fair, many of us on here were very happy with that recruitment at the time. I'm not saying that to support Webber - I detest the guy - but to show that no one could have known at that moment how terrible that summer recruitment would turn out to be.

Also, we can never know what went on behind the scenes. Farke got his four-year contract but then seemed to get very little of what he wanted on the pitch. It's all very well to say, as some do, that he should have resigned, but we don't know how that would have placed him financially in terms of his contract. He might have needed to take a very big hit. Ultimately, even if he was unhappy, he was outranked.

Basically, Mr Webber's first, second, third and all subsequent priorities are Stuart Webber. He left Wagner in the lurch at Huddersfield, he sacked Farke ten games after arranging a four-year contract, and he has left Wagner in the lurch again with his decision to leave us (at a time which suits Mr Webber, of course, not the club).

At least he'll be gone by March at the latest - thank God - and the club can start to rebuild again. Until then, I suspect the best we can hope for this season is staying clear of a relegation battle. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

To be fair, many of us on here were very happy with that recruitment at the time. I'm not saying that to support Webber - I detest the guy - but to show that no one could have known at that moment how terrible that summer recruitment would turn out to be.

Also, we can never know what went on behind the scenes. Farke got his four-year contract but then seemed to get very little of what he wanted on the pitch. It's all very well to say, as some do, that he should have resigned, but we don't know how that would have placed him financially in terms of his contract. He might have needed to take a very big hit. Ultimately, even if he was unhappy, he was outranked.

Basically, Mr Webber's first, second, third and all subsequent priorities are Stuart Webber. He left Wagner in the lurch at Huddersfield, he sacked Farke ten games after arranging a four-year contract, and he has left Wagner in the lurch again with his decision to leave us (at a time which suits Mr Webber, of course, not the club).

At least he'll be gone by March at the latest - thank God - and the club can start to rebuild again. Until then, I suspect the best we can hope for this season is staying clear of a relegation battle. 

The fact it’s likely he’ll end up at Leeds, a league rival, and he’s still making decisions on transfers is unacceptable and totally in line with our recent incompetence.

No other club would accept this “12 month” notice stuff. It’s an absolute farce.

The guy needs to be on gardening leave. How could anyone think that he shouldn’t be?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Bert said:

Feels like my Mrs has run off with my best mate 

You must know that feeling already then in order to recognise it. What surprises me most is that you had both a missus and a mate, not that she left you or that he took her. 

10 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

The guy needs to be on gardening leave. How could anyone think that he shouldn’t be

Already been explained earlier....if on GL then he'd  have all the time in the world ( not  just 90%)) to be thinking about his next job. The Devil makes work for idle hands...as you, Waveney and Ethics prove on a daily basis. Eeeejit. 

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

You must know that feeling already then in order to recognise it. What surprises me most is that you had both a missus and a mate, not that she left you or that he took her. 

Oh nuts someone beat me to it

2 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

The problem was that we had moved away from Farkeball that summer by selling Emi and bringing in Rashica, Tzolis & Sargent. We hoped that a counterattacking approach would serve us better than Farkeball two years before.

Sadly, we struggled even more!

So, the real problem, as far as I see it, was not sticking to Farkeball and concentrating our cash on direct replacements for Emi and Skipp. We would have probably still gone down but by sticking to the original principles of the Webberlution would've bounced back this season miles stronger than we currently are ... and still with Farke at the helm.

Webber lost his nerve with his own project ... if you don't have the money to buy survival you need something else - a clear style, roles that players understand and were bought to fulfil and a long term vision. We HAD that ... and flushed it away - whilst Farke was still here.

Edited by Cantiaci Canary
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

I think he will be respectful and classy as always.