1 minute ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

Please God no.

Parma 

I mean, it’s par for the course at the moment surely?

just waiting for Wes Hoolahan becoming an Ipswich coach or something.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

I mean, it’s par for the course at the moment surely?

just waiting for Wes Hoolahan becoming an Ipswich coach or something.

I have a bit to add to the State of the Nation,  but in short if Farke and Webber end up at Leeds together, surely that is tacit acknowledgment that our top level failures were due to lack of resources not management personnel?

All things cannot be concurrently true can they?

Farke to Leeds would make me incredibly sad. 

Parma 

Edited by Parma Ham's gone mouldy
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

I have a bit to add to the State of the Nation,  but in short if Farke and Webber end up at Leeds together, surely that is tacit acknowledgment that our top level failures were due to lack of resources not management personnel?

Parma 

Fair comment. 

Farke was never backed at Norwich, with none of his targets met by Webber in his second EPL campaign with us. We'll never know what a financially supported Farke could have done with us, but if he teams up with Webber again, he needs his eyes fully open. 

As I've previously stated, Farke won't get the time at Leeds like he did with us so will need to be pretty competitive pretty quickly. I'll be intrigued how this pans out. 

8 minutes ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

Parma 

Worst part is you just know that Leeds have the kind of backing to go up and stay up with Farke.

• Like 1

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Worst part is you just know that Leeds have the kind of backing to go up and stay up with Farke.

Cant see him having time to get them playing Farkeball though and they are surely going to have to ditch some players?

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

We’ll only have ourselves to blame.

If Webber is going there - then that would prove that Webber thinks Farke is fully capable. Which means circumstances forced his hand and he didn’t believe Farke was truly to blame.

Was that a club-first decision then or a career-limelight roll-the-dice decision?

As I repeatedly said it is mostly about the money at the top level, So for God’s sake take that into reasonable account ‘as a Company’. Don’t get obsessively absolute about ‘we’ll prove our self-sustaining way works’. It goes massively against the odds (not Webber’s previous methodology). 

Either way, we blew it. 

Parma 

Edited by Parma Ham's gone mouldy

1 minute ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

If Webber is going there - then that would prove that Webber thinks he is fully capable. Which circumstances forced his hand and he didn’t believe Farke was truly to blame.

Was that a club-first decision then or a career-limelight roll-the-dice decision?

Either way, we blew it. 

Parma 

To add, both Farke and Webber only ever really made a point of the self funding model towards the end of their tenure's.

At least they won't have to deal with that at Leeds and this may shift some Norwich fans view that the model is fine and sustainable. It isn't on both counts. 

16 minutes ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

Parma 

Our club is root and stem rotten

3 minutes ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

If Webber is going there - then that would prove that Webber thinks Farke is fully capable. Which means circumstances forced his hand and he didn’t believe Farke was truly to blame.

As I repeatedly said. It is mostly about the money at the top level. So for God’s sake take that into reasonable account ‘as a Company’. We didn’t. 

Either way, we blew it. 

Parma 

Just say Delia and Micky should have sold years ago. 

Like @Parma Ham's gone mouldy feeling sad at this prospect, but there is clear problem here. The NCFC v Leeds fixture this season on Oct 12th. 

About twelve games in, with presumably a lot of new players trying to settle in, Wagner trying to reverse the downward trend from last season, ......really the atmosphere could well be toxic by then and Leeds coming and rubbing our noses in it with Farke in charge will just about be the worst thing for morale. We'll even know by then if Webber is going there. 

Interesting season coming up, football is a strange world, but Farke coming to CR with a main rival, should  not be happening. Thrown out trying to do the impossible, when he should have been nurtured and encouraged. 

Edited by lake district canary
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I can't say I'd be thrilled, but at the same time, I'll not hold it against a manager who got us out of a parlous financial situation with a litany of aging players on high wages, was brave in being willing to give promising youngsters game time and with a brand of football that took some time to gel, but was irresistible at Championship level when it clicked.

It'll stick in the craw a bit, but he owes us nothing. I'll wish him the best of luck at Leeds anyway - and let's face it, if he does come back to Carrow Road we'll have the chance to say "thanks for the memories" that we never really had.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Like @Parma Ham's gone mouldy feeling sad at this prospect, but there is clear problem here. The NCFC v Leeds fixture this season on Oct 12th. 

About twelve games in, with presumably a lot of new players trying to settle in, Wagner trying to reverse the downward trend from last season, ......really the atmosphere could well be toxic by then and Leeds coming and rubbing our noses in it with Farke in charge will just about be the worst thing for morale. We'll even know by then if Webber is going there. 

Interesting season coming up, football is a strange world, but Farke coming to CR with a main rival, should  not be happening. Thrown out trying to do the impossible, when he should have been nurtured and encouraged. 

You’re almost a parody. Why not go and support Leeds, you clearly love Farke more than Norwich.

Good luck to him, good luck to them - it will be interesting to see if it was largely a “right time right place” thing with us, which I half think it was.

Edited by Branston Pickle

7 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It's also possible that the Leeds fans will have already lost patience with Farke's attempts to drill the Leeds players to play the way he wants, with a defeat at his old ground signalling the end of his days in West Yorkshire.

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

Interesting season coming up, football is a strange world, but Farke coming to CR with a main rival, should  ot be happening. Thrown out trying to do the impossible, when he should have been nurtured and encouraged. 

Webber sacked him and it will surely won't be easy teaming up again with somebody who has done that to you!

I posted ages ago that Farke should have walked from us pre season the it became clear that Webber had failed to get any of his targets and we now know that Daniel didn't think they were good enough, which they weren't. He had huge support of the fans on side and would have shone a light of how inadequate our owners are for modern football.

However, it is by no means a certainty that Farke will be successful as he may need more time that Leeds will allow, so we'll see. 

32 minutes ago, komakino said:

Fair comment. 

Farke was never backed at Norwich, with none of his targets met by Webber in his second EPL campaign with us. We'll never know what a financially supported Farke could have done with us, but if he teams up with Webber again, he needs his eyes fully open. 

As I've previously stated, Farke won't get the time at Leeds like he did with us so will need to be pretty competitive pretty quickly. I'll be intrigued how this pans out. 

Not through Webber's failure, but as Parma says, lack of resources with which to land those targets.

26 minutes ago, komakino said:

To add, both Farke and Webber only ever really made a point of the self funding model towards the end of their tenure's.

At least they won't have to deal with that at Leeds and this may shift some Norwich fans view that the model is fine and sustainable. It isn't on both counts. 

Huh? Webber has constantly made the point about the self funding model as did Farke.

Yeah but the NCFC board and troo support can at least be proud in the thought that we're a self floundering funding community club....We don't need no money to be successful.....We'll finish above 'em....mark my wurdz!....

....and anyway Leeds are ever so doirty....yeah....doirty doirty Leeds!....

• Haha 1

I hope they do well if they end up there together. Is it sad?

Yes and no.

People want Webber gone. There was a fair amount of folks getting vocal about Farke going at the time too.

Sadly all things move on. Farke has tried his hand in other leagues and is coming back to the one he had a lot of success in. Makes sense.

Perhaps with the right backing they can do better? 

3 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

It's also possible that the Leeds fans will have already lost patience with Farke's attempts to drill the Leeds players to play the way he wants, with a defeat at his old ground signalling the end of his days in West Yorkshire.

I doubt that. Leeds have some good quality players and under that American coach whose name I can't remember, they showed a good heart and spirit, which DF will be able to work with. There may be ego clashes, but if the club back him, as they should, he should do fine. 

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

I doubt that. Leeds have some good quality players and under that American coach whose name I can't remember, they showed a good heart and spirit, which DF will be able to work with. There may be ego clashes, but if the club back him, as they should, he should do fine. 

Jesse Marsch.

22 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

We nurtured and encouraged him to an extent you will never see anywhere else: Another season after a mid-table Championship finish; keeping him on after Premier League relegation; keeping him on for 10 games at the start of a second Premier League season with 2 points in 10 games. It was the only change available in a desperate situation. We don't owe Farke anything.

But best of luck to him and thanks for the memories.

Leeds fans adore(d) Bielsa.

Farke is much more Bielsa-ish in terms of an attractive, proud style (not tactically the same, though that priceless feeling of ‘Guardiola watches us’ that is great fan currency).

I posit the nightmare scenario that it actually all works brilliantly. 

Parma

2 minutes ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

Leeds fans adore(d) Bielsa.

Farke is much more Bielsa-ish in terms of an attractive, proud style (not tactically the same, though that priceless feeling of ‘Guardiola watches us’ that is great fan currency).

I posit the nightmare scenario that it actually all works brilliantly. 

Parma

As far as I'm concerned, I'm far more interested in seeing him do well than I am seeing Leeds do badly. But it really does exasperate me that people still talk like sacking him after 2 points in 10 games in the Premier League was some sort of awful betrayal. High time everybody moved on.

2 minutes ago, chicken said:

Not through Webber's failure, but as Parma says, lack of resources with which to land those targets.

Yes, but Webber didn't do himself any favours by spreading the limited resources so thin. We needed 2/3 good signings on bigger wages instead, but SW thought differently. What we now know - but didn't at the time - was the reason SW went for 'quantity over quality' was he was concerned of the number of injuries sustained under Farke and concluded we needed a bigger squad. I spoke to somebody at the club towards the end of out last EPL season and they said it was 'the worst intake of players they had ever seen'. 

So while it is clear SW was perennially handicapped by the (doomed) self funding model, in the last EPL campaign, his tactics were completely wrong. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, komakino said:

Yes, but Webber didn't do himself any favours by spreading the limited resources so thin. We needed 2/3 good signings on bigger wages instead, but SW thought differently. What we now know - but didn't at the time - was the reason SW went for 'quantity over quality' was he was concerned of the number of injuries sustained under Farke and concluded we needed a bigger squad. I spoke to somebody at the club towards the end of out last EPL season and they said it was 'the worst intake of players they had ever seen'. 

So while it is clear SW was perennially handicapped by the (doomed) self funding model, in the last EPL campaign, his tactics were completely wrong. 

That's a very sound rationale. Easy to say that a larger intake at lower price was a failure in hindsight, but if there was sound reasoning for the decision, and that was sound reasoning, then there's good reason not to go on a scapegoating mission because it didn't work out.

14 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

As far as I'm concerned, I'm far more interested in seeing him do well than I am seeing Leeds do badly. But it really does exasperate me that people still talk like sacking him after 2 points in 10 games in the Premier League was some sort of awful betrayal. High time everybody moved on.

i think he will do well at leeds ,

I wanted him sacked because i thought Webber was going to keep his word and get someone in same sort of style ,

IF i had known we were replacing Farke with smith and totally changing style etc i would have stuck with Farke ,,

I am gutted that leeds have Farke  and we have Wagner ,

Could have been so different if we had appointed the right man to replace Farke