Webber should have gone in May, the summer signings were poor at the time given the players we sold or lost compared to the old Journeymen we signed! Yes a couple young prospects one in the first squad other in development! But I said at the time and now too many old players with no motivation! Just playing for money!

It was poor it now shows and reality is both the majority of the players and manager are championship level at best! Christ a couple seasons ago we tried to offload Hernandez & Placheta now they feature in our match day teams! 

1 hour ago, king canary said:

I really don't get this idea that if you thought the window was good at the time then you can't criticise it once it's proven to not be as you thought.

Yes it's hindsight but me or any other poster on here aren't paid huge sums to evaluate talent and sign players. Webber and co are and thus get deserved criticism when they do this part of their job badly.

It can also both be true that a number of the signings Webber has made haven't been good but that a better manager would be able to do more with them. I don't see that as contradictory.

Of course you can change your mind. I've not said otherwise. If you read what I've said, my issue is people claiming they're right as if they didn't think differently before. As you rightly say, I praised the window and I still don't think most of the signings are poor ones. One or two maybe, as with any transfer window at any club.

I think a new manager could get this squad challenging for playoffs potentially but then i also don't think the transfer window was that bad. 

I do think it's contradictory to be extremely critical of how awful, terrible and ill thought a transfer window it was, i.e the extent some are criticising it, to then on another thread say its basically criminal to not sack a manager who has us 5 points from the playoffs.

If you don't agree with that then I guess no point talking further.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I am not too sure what that has to do with Webber still being allowed to  rule the roost at Colney several months after he had handed his notice in but i am sure you will answer that in your usual manner.

I'm not surprised you can't see how that could possibly be relevant.

7 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I'm not surprised you can't see how that could possibly be relevant.

As expected you replied in your usual manner. 

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

As expected you replied in your usual manner. 

Didn't want to disappoint from your assertion.

5 hours ago, hogesar said:

It wasn't long ago that Sara and Nunez and Sargent were mocked signings on here. Look back and you'll see plenty calling Sara a waste of money...

Sainz looks like he could have something special about him too.

There's certain signings that I think we've seen the best / worst of but considering nearly all those who are criticising the signings also want the manager gone, you have to wonder...

Perhaps, but we went the "BoJo Oven Ready" approach for that very reason. Duffy, Barnes, Stacey, Forshaw,Batth are not coming from other leagues or countries. There should be zero waiting period to get them up to speed. And at present none are worth their wages

25 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I do think it's contradictory to be extremely critical of how awful, terrible and ill thought a transfer window it was, i.e the extent some are criticising it, to then on another thread say its basically criminal to not sack a manager who has us 5 points from the playoffs.

I think it's reasonable to say that the transfer business has left us with very few quality options and then to also criticise the manager for failing to pick our few quality players in their most effective positions. It doesn't have to be a binary either the manager or sporting director at fault, there can be blame in both camps.

I am in no doubt that Farke would have done better with the squad than either of our managers since, especially at Championship level. That doesn't mean that the squad isn't significantly worse than Farke's previous promotion winners. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Indy said:

Webber should have gone in May, the summer signings were poor at the time given the players we sold or lost compared to the old Journeymen we signed! Yes a couple young prospects one in the first squad other in development! But I said at the time and now too many old players with no motivation! Just playing for money!

It was poor it now shows and reality is both the majority of the players and manager are championship level at best! Christ a couple seasons ago we tried to offload Hernandez & Placheta now they feature in our match day teams! 

It must go down as one of the most disastrous decisions in the Club's history to allow Webber to continue to make major transfers coupled with financial issues whilst working a very long notice period. It makes the situation look worse when at the same time his wife is the CEO. Zoe may have occupied several posts in the past associated with football but it was a huge leap to be thrust in  to leading a major company with a turnover on occasions well  in excess of £100 million. Apart from requiring to be well versed  in many company business procedures you also need plenty of experience. No doubt they may be individually capable people, but retaining such an influencing  combination in the Boardroom is surely not good business practice, particularly when you are accountable to two very aged controlling directors.

5 hours ago, king canary said:

I really don't get this idea that if you thought the window was good at the time then you can't criticise it once it's proven to not be as you thought.

Yes it's hindsight but me or any other poster on here aren't paid huge sums to evaluate talent and sign players. Webber and co are and thus get deserved criticism when they do this part of their job badly.

It can also both be true that a number of the signings Webber has made haven't been good but that a better manager would be able to do more with them. I don't see that as contradictory.

I actually think it’s more fundamental than that. Transfer windows are the most hopeful part of the year.

Every post criticising a signing before they kick a ball gets pretty much panned here and I’d say rightly so.

It’s perfectly reasonable to be hopeful about every signing and then reflective once we have seen them play for a significant period and can reasonably assess their contribution.

It just seems a complete double standard to suggest otherwise. 

I have to ask .

if DF was given the boot from Leeds, and let’s be honest it will happen at some point given their history, would many on here have him back ?

Sure people, say never go back but given the level and quality of other ‘available ‘ managers I do wonder about having him back.

I would as I still love him !!!

49 minutes ago, vos said:

It must go down as one of the most disastrous decisions in the Club's history to allow Webber to continue to make major transfers coupled with financial issues whilst working a very long notice period. It makes the situation look worse when at the same time his wife is the CEO. Zoe may have occupied several posts in the past associated with football but it was a huge leap to be thrust in  to leading a major company with a turnover on occasions well  in excess of £100 million. Apart from requiring to be well versed  in many company business procedures you also need plenty of experience. No doubt they may be individually capable people, but retaining such an influencing  combination in the Boardroom is surely not good business practice, particularly when you are accountable to two very aged controlling directors.

Webber's purchases for our last EPL campaign was the worst in our history and one that permanantly damaged his reputation in my opinion. 

You buy players for the league you are in and Webber bought none. Instead of purchasing 2 or 3 players on higher wages to fill the gaps of Skipp and Emi, none of the players he bought we then EPL standard and none were Farke's targets. That was never going to end well and didn't. 

Webber's misguided view of having a larger squad due to the number of injuries under Farke doesn't wash and a club with limited resources needs quality not quantity. 

If we were in a similar position in the future with similar funds, I hope we don't make the same mistake again. 

2 hours ago, Monty13 said:

I actually think it’s more fundamental than that. Transfer windows are the most hopeful part of the year.

Every post criticising a signing before they kick a ball gets pretty much panned here and I’d say rightly so.

It’s perfectly reasonable to be hopeful about every signing and then reflective once we have seen them play for a significant period and can reasonably assess their contribution.

It just seems a complete double standard to suggest otherwise. 

Yeah I've said before that on here you're damned if you do damned if you don't. Dare to be skeptical about a new signing and you'll have several posters jumping on you for 'writing a player off before they've kicked a ball' but if you're positive and they turn out badly the same people will ask 'why didn't you say this when they signed?'

As you say transfer windows are the time to be positive. It was possible, from a fan perspective, that Barnes, Duffy and Foreshaw were exactly what we needed. That it turned out they aren't isn't on the fans who were positive, it is on the people who are paid significant sums to make these judgement calls. So many of our fans come across as being essentially anti any accountability for those in charge.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mr Tea said:

I have to ask .

if DF was given the boot from Leeds, and let’s be honest it will happen at some point given their history, would many on here have him back ?

Sure people, say never go back but given the level and quality of other ‘available ‘ managers I do wonder about having him back.

I would as I still love him !!!

No. 

Struggling to turn the best squad in this division into a consistent force. 

His time has gone. So many forget that without Emi his record was poor even in the Championship. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, duke63 said:

No. 

Struggling to turn the best squad in this division into a consistent force. 

His time has gone. So many forget that without Emi his record was poor even in the Championship. 

We played 13 games in the Championship without Emi and won 11 points. 

Edit

In the season prior to Emi's arrival we only really stayed up because of James Maddison. If you took Summervile out of the Leeds team I doubt they'd be better than mid table 

Edited by dylanisabaddog
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

We played 13 games in the Championship without Emi and won 11 points. 

Not far off relegation material 

• Like 1