Papers reporting this morning that Farke to Leeds is looking most likely. Seems the Webber/farke reunion is on. That would be hard to swallow if we continue to decline…

will they come in for some of our better players? Same reports suggest Leeds will be rebuilding their squad. Interesting days but I can’t help but feel we are the losers here due to underinvestment at the top again which hampered recruitment when times were good. It really does feel this summer like we are steadying the ship and preparing for a long stay in mid championship obscurity 

• Like 2

Leeds Fans Forum seem pretty convinced of this also over last few days. Fair to say they have mixed opinions on Farke. Their views on Webber are less complimentary it should be said!

• Like 1

Let’s be honest - I don’t think we’d be overly chomping at the bit if we were Leeds fans; Farke is a mixed bag, a good champs record but nothing in the PL (or Bundesliga) and the Champs wins were now a couple of seasons ago; you can only dine out so long (as people point out with DW).

Webber’s an interesting one - his overall record with us is positive but that was with overall infrastructure; again there’s big clouds over PL recruitment.

Neither appointment would be what I was looking for if I supported Leeds, I’d be expecting someone who would take us back up and consolidate our PL status.

• Like 3

Well, the majority of fans voted on sacking Farke on here and the overwhelming majority voted on sacking Webber when polls were cast.

So it shouldn't be a bitter pill for anyone here at least...

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Let’s be honest - I don’t think we’d be overly chomping at the bit if we were Leeds fans; Farke is a mixed bag, a good champs record but nothing in the PL (or Bundesliga) and the Champs wins were now a couple of seasons ago; you can only dine out so long (as people point out with DW).

Webber’s an interesting one - his overall record with us is positive but that was with overall infrastructure; again there’s big clouds over PL recruitment.

Neither appointment would be what I was looking for if I supported Leeds, I’d be expecting someone who would take us back up and consolidate our PL status.

Yeah I think Norwich fans are often a bit shocked to see how Farke is viewed elsewhere.

If I was a team like Leeds looking for an instant return to the Premier League and to stay there he'd not be my first choice. He's shown his methods need time to bed in and he's never shown an ability to do it in the top division. 

It'll be very interesting to see how it plays out.

Easier said than done I know but once they've gone they've gone - turn the page & remember the good work they did for us or it will drive you loopy.

Personally, I can get over anyone turning up at another club providing they don't have a horse and stars on their crest.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

Leeds are in the Championship, like it or not. Farke’s record at that level is superb. I still think we should bring him home!

7 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Leeds are in the Championship, like it or not. Farke’s record at that level is superb. I still think we should bring him home!

Farke needed a long time to get it right here and I can't see any other club allowing him that time. Farke will have to hit the ground running if he did get the Leeds gig. 

14 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

No, I don’t like it - L1 or L2 would be much better!

• Like 1

If we do well then nobody will care much. My point is that if we start badly then their presence at Leeds if doing well will only add to the pressure at Carrow road - especially if Webber pops up there in a few weeks and starts signing great talent having signed us up with ageing journeymen before leaving.

I still feel his controlling our window at present when touted with a rival is so amateur as to being embarrassing- he should be on gardening leave 

• Like 1

See how they get on with some financial backing behind them in the transfer market. It will be interesting.

11 minutes ago, OTBC06 said:

See how they get on with some financial backing behind them in the transfer market. It will be interesting.

True. I wonder if he’ll try and replicate Farkeball at Leeds. But truth be told, if we nullify his new version of Emi then we nullify Farkeball. I know that’s pretty simplistic way of viewing it, he might have upped his game, I stopped paying attention when he left Norwich, but I’m just assuming he’s as one dimensional as he was before. 

2 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

True. I wonder if he’ll try and replicate Farkeball at Leeds. But truth be told, if we nullify his new version of Emi then we nullify Farkeball. I know that’s pretty simplistic way of viewing it, he might have upped his game, I stopped paying attention when he left Norwich, but I’m just assuming he’s as one dimensional as he was before. 

Fair point. One of the criticisms against him was that there was no plan 'b' and we became very easy to play against in the EPL. Plus without Emi, we never won a single game. However...

I'm sure many Norwich fans like myself would have liked to have seen him funded at least in a reasonable way and his transfer targets met to see what he really could have done.

Webber's magic beans meant he never stood a chance. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, komakino said:

Farke needed a long time to get it right here and I can't see any other club allowing him that time. Farke will have to hit the ground running if he did get the Leeds gig. 

It took him just one season, and that included the new experience of adapting to English football.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

It took him just one season, and that included the new experience of adapting to English football.

It was actually over one season, as it didn’t click straight away in the second either. Time is something you don’t get much of in football and a repeat of the stuttering of Farkeball would mean a P45 way before the seasons end, whether Leeds Utd or anywhere else. 

I just hope it’s all bull! It feels as bad as Lambert joining the binners! Just feels dirty!

I really hope he gets another gig than this one!

3 minutes ago, komakino said:

It was actually over one season, as it didn’t click straight away in the second either. Time is something you don’t get much of in football and a repeat of the stuttering of Farkeball would mean a P45 way before the seasons end, whether Leeds Utd or anywhere else. 

He was getting to terms with English football (which certainly won't apply if he takes the Leeds job) and needed a couple of transfer windows, particularly the summer one ahead of finishing as champions, to get things as he and Webber wanted.

So, no, you are wrong, he didn't take a long time to adapt. Under the circumstances he adapted astonishingly quickly. But probably helped by knowing he was working for owners who have learned the virtue of giving their managers/head coaches and their sporting directors a bit of time to get it right rather than indulging in knee-jerk sackings whenever a few voluble fans turn nasty.

• Like 3

Over a season is a very long time in modern football. I'm not criticising him and I liked and always will like Farke, but to say he didn't take a long time to adapt is ridiculous.

While thankfully we are not Watford, paradoxically he benefitted from having owners who have always been notorious for avoiding decisions to fire people (Moxey being a notable exception as that was personal). Therefore it was a decision they got right, but only because of their inabilities rather than hard business nous. 

As I've previously said, I would have liked to have seen Farke backed properly, but he never was. That will be one of Norwich City's great 'What If's'. I wish him all the best, but hopefully not at Leeds. 

3 hours ago, komakino said:

One season? 

45 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

One season? 

One and a quarter - being picky - but yes, football today a season is a long time. If Farke has a season elsewhere like he did with his first season with us, he would be unlikely to reach the end, let alone continue. 

56 minutes ago, komakino said:

One and a quarter - being picky - but yes, football today a season is a long time. If Farke has a season elsewhere like he did with his first season with us, he would be unlikely to reach the end, let alone continue. 

It wasn't a quarter of a season, that would be 11 games, we started picking up after five games.

I get your point though, that's half the problem with the modern game IMO.

4 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

If we do well then nobody will care much. My point is that if we start badly then their presence at Leeds if doing well will only add to the pressure at Carrow road - especially if Webber pops up there in a few weeks and starts signing great talent having signed us up with ageing journeymen before leaving.

I still feel his controlling our window at present when touted with a rival is so amateur as to being embarrassing- he should be on gardening leave 

Isn’t there some kind of poetic justice that the same fans who drove Webber and to some extent Farke out are also those sh*tt1ng their pants that the same two people are going to do well at another club? 

Hilarious  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yobocop said:

Isn’t there some kind of poetic justice that the same fans who drove Webber and to some extent Farke out are also those sh*tt1ng their pants that the same two people are going to do well at another club? 

Hilarious  

Did any fans drive Webber or Farke out or did you just make that up as it fits in with what you wanted to say ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Of course YOU think that.

But the reality is its happened everywhere. When Brightons was poached by Newcastle,  it was known for a long time beforehand.

Other times it's known about internally for up to a year before things change and then it's announced.

The literal only difference is the club has openly said he's leaving in advance. And we protected ourselves with a 12 month clause.

Other clubs have had important staff poached at much more inconvenient times and without the prior knowledge to do something about it.

1 hour ago, komakino said:

You keep ignoring the fact that it was his first in English football and with a much worse team than Leeds would have.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Hilarious  

How did the fans drive farke out??

I understand you have returned from a hiatus....perhaps another  would be good?

Just now, Nexus_Canary said:

How did the fans drive farke out??

I understand you have returned from a hiatus....perhaps another  would be good?

Well, the majority voted that they wanted him gone before he did go.

• Like 1