Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Andrew Omobamidele due in court

I'm all for safe driving and all that, but this has to be one of the daftest things I've read in a while! In court for drinking some water, since when was that illegal? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Satriales said:

I'm all for safe driving and all that, but this has to be one of the daftest things I've read in a while! In court for drinking some water, since when was that illegal? 

Apparently anything like having a drink/eating etc while driving is now an offence as you’re not in control of your vehicle 

It is now illegal to have a drink while you are in control of a car, even if you are in a queue waiting at traffic lights with your handbrake on, you are still breaking the law, even if you just have a sip. 

5 minutes ago, Peregrine Shorts said:

how big is a large water bottle?

If it was a personalised one with his name, pretty bloody big I'd imagine. :classic_wink:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Top corner said:

It is now illegal to have a drink while you are in control of a car, even if you are in a queue waiting at traffic lights with your handbrake on, you are still breaking the law, even if you just have a sip. 

All they need to do is follow everyone who leaves a drive thru. They'd catch loads of people!

• Like 1

Hes actually in court for not attending the course offered, not submitting his licence for endorsements, and not paying the fine.

20 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Hes actually in court for not attending the course offered, not submitting his licence for endorsements, and not paying the fine.

Bit stupid these footballers, aren’t they.  He’ll presumably get a fine - about the equivalent of 5mins pay - and some points.

52 minutes ago, Top corner said:

Is it still ok to strike a match and put fire in your face to light your smoke? 

• Haha 2

Catch all the drug users who get in my vehicle everyday that’s more useful 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Top corner said:

That’s actually a myth - debunked by the AA only recently. Indeed, keeping hydrated is important - not drinking enough water can have the same effect on people as drinking alcohol (apparently).  It is all about not being distracted - you can eat and drink while driving, but within reason…I imagine pulling a huge bottle and drinking means you’re concentrating on that rather than the road.  

Unless you meant alcohol, that is banned while driving….shame, I’m sure we’ve all driven along with a can of Stella on the go (not).

Edited by Branston Pickle

Young black guy in expensive car gets the attention of the police. Nothing to see here.

Edited by The Bristol Nest
Can't spell car!
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Bit stupid these footballers, aren’t they.  He’ll presumably get a fine - about the equivalent of 5mins pay - and some points.

Hes already got those, just not paid/ had it added to his license.

Usually fines are related to income, but I agree it will be small in comparison. 

1 hour ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Young black guy in expensive car gets the attention of the police. Nothing to see here.

That was my first thought too. Interesting the police do a similar ish function to the nhs but have very different pr 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Top corner said:

Do drivers still use handbrakes ? I’m blinded by the glare of brake lights whenever traffic stops.

I suppose if you’re stuck in a five hour pile-up the Old Bill might let you off drinking in the car as they know they’ll be nicking you for indecent exposure when there’s nowhere to hide and you’re busting for a pee.

2 hours ago, Hucks6 said:

If you stopped selling it to them they wouldn’t get in 

43 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Do drivers still use handbrakes ? I’m blinded by the glare of brake lights whenever traffic stops.

I suppose if you’re stuck in a five hour pile-up the Old Bill might let you off drinking in the car as they know they’ll be nicking you for indecent exposure when there’s nowhere to hide and you’re busting for a pee.

It isn’t illegal - that is a myth. Top corner isn’t correct.

3 hours ago, Hucks6 said:

585 Car Clowns Stock Photos - Free & Royalty-Free Stock Photos from  Dreamstime

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Now then 

According to the article the offence was over a year ago and he has still not submitted his licence, paid the fine ( which would have been £100) or attended the course. That does seem rather stupid.

4 hours ago, The Bristol Nest said:

[can’t spell car!]

No surprises indeed. Regardless of colour or expense, nobody ever was able to control a cat

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

My car has a parking brake that automatically comes on when I stop. It also puts on the brake lights. Daft innit?…

4 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

That’s actually a myth - debunked by the AA only recently. Indeed, keeping hydrated is important - not drinking enough water can have the same effect on people as drinking alcohol (apparently).  It is all about not being distracted - you can eat and drink while driving, but within reason…I imagine pulling a huge bottle and drinking means you’re concentrating on that rather than the road.  

Unless you meant alcohol, that is banned while driving….shame, I’m sure we’ve all driven along with a can of Stella on the go (not).

I've always wondered that. Back in the day I used to work a shift at Papa Johns, drive back to my nearby home and join my mates on a night out. I'd always keep a little drinks bottle of an alcoholic beverage to drink on my short route home to make an early start and never knew whether that was legal or not. I'd still be under the limit if pulled over, but was technically drinking alcohol in a car I was operating.

4 hours ago, Hucks6 said:

In my head now your vehicle is something like this:

C1E41EB6-4CD3-496A-A41F-4F7E2EAA0AB2.jpeg

or this?

04BAD844-34A2-4686-941A-4D152F28E699.jpeg

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Haha 1

The rest of the squad should be up there with him for perverting the course of football entertainment…….