Terminally Yellow

The Officially Not Official Summer Transfer Thread 2023

1 hour ago, TheDarkKnight said:

As for picking up some Celtic players? Turnbull would be an interesting one. Goalscoring midfielder.

We were going to sign him once and Celtic came in at the last minute and off he went, getting a injury and staying at Motherwell.

1 hour ago, tsj1999 said:

assuming tim krul is off who do we see come in as back up to angus?

Tim Krul isn’t off 

2 hours ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Yeah, cuz, ya know, Football Insider is the most reliable football source in the Universe.

And as for Mr Fraser Fletcher. By the looks of it, he's playing too much Dungeons and Dragons. 😛

I would be verryyyyyyy shocked if Gilmour left on loan.

As for picking up some Celtic players? Turnbull would be an interesting one. Goalscoring midfielder.

By Fraser Fletcher, Transfer Correspondent

29th Mar, 2023 | 4:00pm

🤔 3rd June now. Old article. 

1 hour ago, Yobocop said:

Tim Krul isn’t off 

Only if we can’t find anyone to take him or someone offers good money for Angus.

I don’t see a reason with our limited budget you’d want to keep both ideally personally. Tim’s on a massive wage to bench warm currently. 

17 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Only if we can’t find anyone to take him or someone offers good money for Angus.

I don’t see a reason with our limited budget you’d want to keep both ideally personally. Tim’s on a massive wage to bench warm currently. 

£25,000 a week and Angus is on the same.

28 minutes ago, tricky974 said:

£25,000 a week and Angus is on the same.

Krul’s allegedly one of our highest earners, I thought it would be more personally. With Pukki now gone he must be close to the top level of our earners. If he and Angus are on similar that’s big chunk of wage when only one will ever play.

I wouldn’t go by what you see on the internet - one of those websites says Giannoulis is on £32k p/w, another £7.5k.There were even rumours that activating the extension clause on Pukki’s contract allowed him to retain his PL wages of supposedly £60k p/w

There’s been many rumours that Krul is on wages of about £40k p/w, which wouldn’t be surprising considering he was an experienced goalkeeper from an established PL side

Edited by HazzaJet

24 minutes ago, HazzaJet said:

I wouldn’t go by what you see on the internet - one of those websites says Giannoulis is on £32k p/w, another £7.5k.There were even rumours that activating the extension clause on Pukki’s contract allowed him to retain his PL wages of supposedly £60k p/w

There’s been many rumours that Krul is on wages of about £40k p/w, which wouldn’t be surprising considering he was an experienced goalkeeper from an established PL side

But surely they're also likley to have relegation clauses in their contracts that would reduce said wages, when NCFC came down.

I'd be surprised if Norwich had been budgeting for Krul to remain on £40k pw in Championship. But then again..  

Really is silly season now - we are being linked with Asmir Begovic along with Leicester and Leeds 

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Well with McGovern off we need a solid, older experienced pro as a backup and behind the scenes.

We have, Krul. Coaching staff do the rest.

13 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I'm sure it has been reported previously that Krul is on about £40k.

I always wonder at these figures that get bandied about - the truth is these sites are probably guessing the same as everyone else.

…one thing I am sure of is that the sums are a bit mad whatever they are.  People quoting £25k a week as thought that’s low.  The shame of having to live on that must be embarrassing!

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

I always wonder at these figures that get bandied about - the truth is these sites are probably guessing the same as everyone else.

…one thing I am sure of is that the sums are a bit mad whatever they are.  People quoting £25k a week as thought that’s low.  The shame of having to live on that must be embarrassing!

It is ........................

10 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Gabriel Forsyth, 16 year old attacking midfielder, about to sign from Hamilton Academicals apparently.

@TheDarkKnight - heard anything about him?

Wasn’t there mention of him the other day? Think he played in the euro u17 tournament recently, a tricky winger.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Gabriel Forsyth, 16 year old attacking midfielder, about to sign from Hamilton Academicals apparently.

@TheDarkKnight - heard anything about him?

I know that if we sign him he will be straight into the academy and we won't see him play for the first team for a least a couple years..

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I know that if we sign him he will be straight into the academy and we won't see him play for the first team for a least a couple years..

Or ever at all! 

9 minutes ago, stratton canary said:

Or ever at all! 

small percentage of our or any academy players make it to be fair 

1 hour ago, Yobocop said:

small percentage of our or any academy players make it to be fair 

What from our world class academy - how odd.

1 hour ago, ridgeman said:

What from our world class academy - how odd.

I would guess we’ve had more than most at our level 

• Like 1

One of Barden , McCracken or Mair needs to push themselves forward as no.2 now

Krul is a far too expensive luxury to.be sitting on the bench all season

...maybe bring in Jed Steer as cover for a season??

8 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

A lot of the information is leaked by agents. They leak this info because it helps them when negotiating new salaries for their clients. More ****e from agents, bloody parasites draining money out of the game! 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Saw a post saying that Shane Duffy was in Norwich today then got a plane back to Ireland.

Done deal?

Where was the post?