Terminally Yellow

The Officially Not Official Summer Transfer Thread 2023

21 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Looks like they're going down despite currently winning as the team above them are also winning 2-0.

Relevance to NCFC is the Spanish lad is reported as having a release clause allowing him to move for free to another club if they're relegated.

I could be wrong but i think a lot of media outlets have it wrong. I’m sure they play in a relegation play-off first against the team below them. They could yet survive having finished 10points above them. 

5 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

We’ve been told there will be a big rebuild this summer, we’re just getting started and this is all part of it.  Rather than concentrating on one or two players (who haven’t even signed yet), it might just be worthwhile looking at the entire squad once that rebuild is complete.   If we have a squad of 30+year-old crocks come August I’ll be on the frontline of people querying it, but we re absolutely nowhere near that.  

I guess when I hear rebuild I have something different in mind. A rebuild to me suggests something that will take a few years maybe, where you focus on improving your young players. I said this before we even made any moves but I see Webber and Wagner's plan to be more akin to going all in. Selling off our younger talent in order to finance moves for more experienced win-now type players. They can do this in the knowledge that if it all goes up in smoke that it won't be them to clean up the mess.

7 minutes ago, Ekoku: The Ambassador Of The People said:

I could be wrong but i think a lot of media outlets have it wrong. I’m sure they play in a relegation play-off first against the team below them. They could yet survive having finished 10points above them. 

Oh, every time I google it suggests the bottom 4 teams are relegated. Guess we'll see.

18 minutes ago, repman said:

I would've kept Pukki if we could, and also don't have a problem with Barnes coming in as our other 2 strikers are both still pretty young. Duffy and possibly Ince are different situations though, at CB we already have 2+ 30 year olds and out wide we have just given Onel a new 2 year deal. It's not that 30 is suddenly ancient it's that players post 30 start to decline, while also being on good wages with little resale value. 

We signed Martin Peters when he was 31. He went on to make 200 appearances, winning player of the season twice. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, horsefly said:

We signed Martin Peters when he was 31. He went on to make 200 appearances, winning player of the season twice. 

He was also a world cup winner

9 minutes ago, repman said:

Selling off our younger talent in order to finance moves for more experienced win-now type players.

rashica, Cantwell..Parachute payments. Sell on from Maddison. I can't see any of what you claim. But then I support the club, you obviously don't.

1 hour ago, Newtopia said:

If we bring in Ince and Sainz some of those wing options must be on their way out……. Really worried what it means for Mumba

We shouldn’t expect too much from Mumba too soon; he was fantastic in League One but it’s going to be a tough Championship, if not the toughest. Mumba will be a big part of our season, I’m sure of it. Having strength in depth for a 46 game season is essential. 

I’m more interested in what it’s mean for the likes of Tzolis and Placheta. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Terminally Yellow said:

The Spanish lad we've been linked with in Turkey? They're playing their last game of the season right now. Looks like they're 2 up, he got booked in the 50th minute, scored in the 60th and got sent off in the 61st minute 😂

Perhaps he had a plane to catch to Norfolk ✈️😂

• Haha 1

Interesting route the club is taking this preseason in their recruitment, it’ll leave us with a mix of youth and experience with some real leaders on the pitch, which will help with the development of the younger players. 

I would love to know a comparison with wagners Huddersfield promotion team compared to what we’re going to end with at the start of the season 

So more on the Spanish lad. 

He scored this worldie.

Then as you can see on the video, pulled his shirt up to reveal a message - which subsequently got him booked and sent off! 

2 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

We’ve been told there will be a big rebuild this summer, we’re just getting started and this is all part of it.  Rather than concentrating on one or two players (who haven’t even signed yet), it might just be worthwhile looking at the entire squad once that rebuild is complete.   If we have a squad of 30+year-old crocks come August I’ll be on the frontline of people querying it, but we re absolutely nowhere near that.  

No you won’t. If things go down hill You will spend the summer clapping the board and telling us the window hasn’t closed yet. Then you will clap the board and insist we have to give them time to bed in. Then you will clap the board and use excuses like injuries etc to explain any bad form. Then the manager will be sacked as you insist he should stay. Then the cycle begins again…you and Hoggy only ever attack any slight criticism of the club and insist everything is just hunky dory 

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

We also signed over 30 Molby, Naismith, Cottee, the fat Celtic chap and various other hopeless waste of signings over the years…the stars have been dwarfed by the useless I would argue 

1 minute ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

We also signed over 30 Molby, Naismith, Cottee, the fat Celtic chap and various other hopeless waste of signings over the years…the stars have been dwarfed by the useless I would argue 

We've also signed dozens of duds under 30 too. Age is not a determining factor. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

No you won’t. If things go down hill You will spend the summer clapping the board and telling us the window hasn’t closed yet. Then you will clap the board and insist we have to give them time to bed in. Then you will clap the board and use excuses like injuries etc to explain any bad form. Then the manager will be sacked as you insist he should stay. Then the cycle begins again…you and Hoggy only ever attack any slight criticism of the club and insist everything is just hunky dory 

**** I will.  I say things as I see them but being  the kind of person I am I tend towards the positive.  Unlike you, who will look for and find the negative and whinge endlessly about it.  I honestly feel sorry for people who have that outlook, it must make for a pretty depressing life.

Edit: The point here is that I will simply not judge a transfer window before it has even opened, ffs. We’ve agreed to sign two players, are linked with various others and have plenty to do, but there you are already circling round and ready to belittle them all. 

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mrdi said:

We shouldn’t expect too much from Mumba too soon; he was fantastic in League One but it’s going to be a tough Championship, if not the toughest. Mumba will be a big part of our season, I’m sure of it. Having strength in depth for a 46 game season is essential. 

I’m more interested in what it’s mean for the likes of Tzolis and Placheta. 

Totally agree. Mumba has already made a few first team appearances for us, including one in the PL and has looked promising in all of them but really we need to view him in the same way we view Tomkinson 

It’s the same with Rowe. Whilst he was out injured we were thinking that once he was back he should be in the starting XI but recently there’s been quite a lot of talk about sending him out on loan next season and really yes he should - he’s only made 18 first team appearances

4 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

**** I will.  I say things as I see them but being  the kind of person I am I tend towards the positive.  Unlike you, who will look for and find the negative and whinge endlessly about it.  I honestly feel sorry for people who have that outlook, it must make for a pretty depressing life. 

I’m known for being a realist and fairly chipper as it happens. And last summer my “whinge” was that we needed to sign CDM able to last a season and predicted we would finish 13 if we didn’t….which is exactly what happened.  

• Haha 1

Just now, Dean Coneys boots said:

I’m known for being a realist and fairly chipper as it happens. And last summer my “whinge” was that we needed to sign CDM able to last a season and predicted we would finish 13 if we didn’t….which is exactly what happened.  

Wow, not dining out on guessing something right, are you.  Even Boris Johnson gets the odd thing right…actually, scratch that.

2 hours ago, repman said:

He was also a world cup winner

And 10 years ahead of his time - so really only 21! 😉

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Then as you can see on the video, pulled his shirt up to reveal a message - which subsequently got him booked and sent off! 

Perhaps someone with better Spanish than me can confirm it but I’m 99% sure the message under his shirt said “come and get me Mr 90%”.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

You also said the summer 2021 window was the best you can remember.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

I think I’ve read that we’re looking at making about 7 new signings. What we must remember though is that we mustn’t make too many because it can take time for the team to gel, which may result in a slow start to the season

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

Let’s have less personal digs lads, you’re all better than that. 

Doubts GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Love it when you can use the same gif for two posts. Great value for money.

So here's a question. How would you feel if this were the team we lined up with next season....

Gunn

Stacey  Duffy   Gibson   McCallum

McLean  Sara

Ince   Barnes   Sainz

Sargent

Because at the minute, this is looking increasingly likely.... 

13 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

So here's a question. How would you feel if this were the team we lined up with next season....

Gunn

McLean  Sara

Ince   Barnes   Sainz

Sargent

If big Andy leaves for over £20m I’d expect a better starting X1 than that. 

3 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

If big Andy leaves for over £20m I’d expect a better starting X1 than that. 

That’s a Lower mid championship side unless they get lucky 

21 minutes ago, HazzaJet said:

I think I’ve read that we’re looking at making about 7 new signings. What we must remember though is that we mustn’t make too many because it can take time for the team to gel, which may result in a slow start to the season

Why does that matter. We start incredibly slowly every single season!

23 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Gunn

McLean  Sara

Ince   Barnes   Sainz

Sargent

Depends how well it plays. I might think it's got "mid-table stodge" all over it, but if it powers up into the play-offs or higher, I'll be delighted.