Terminally Yellow

The Officially Not Official Summer Transfer Thread 2023

There's an irony in that I think these dreadful end to the season will be good for Omo.

Against Blackpool in the first half, there was the goal and a long punt down the middle where he was very obviously caught ball-watching; there's usually a Hanley already on the move to cover that habit. There are hopefully learnings in there that will make him a better player going forward.

I also don't think his rough edges will be overlooked by teams looking to buy, so I don't think we will attract high enough bids to see him move on.

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Phil Jones being released by United.. Soon to be available on a free..

😂

13 games in four seasons, he will probably sign tomorrow!

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Phil Jones being released by United.. Soon to be available on a free..

😂

I can actually see him ending up here now 🤣🤣 at least he can get his head in the way like Zimmerman!! 

27 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

There's an irony in that I think these dreadful end to the season will be good for Omo.

Against Blackpool in the first half, there was the goal and a long punt down the middle where he was very obviously caught ball-watching; there's usually a Hanley already on the move to cover that habit. There are hopefully learnings in there that will make him a better player going forward.

I also don't think his rough edges will be overlooked by teams looking to buy, so I don't think we will attract high enough bids to see him move on.

I'd agree with that. He has some decent Championship-level attributes, but I'm not sure he has what it takes to be a complete centre back at a higher level.

I think it might be worth giving Tom Davies a go. An out of contract 24 year old midfielder with 155 PL appearances to his name, so a free agent yet to reach his peak but with loads of experience. People moan we have no ambition when we sign free agents but it’s better signing a player of his experience level for nothing than spending about £7m on a player of similar experience as you can never expect a player to perform to their career statistics

5 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

13 games in four seasons, he will probably sign tomorrow!

In all seriousness though, Tuanzabe is on a free, we should be all over that 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, HazzaJet said:

I think it might be worth giving Tom Davies a go. An out of contract 24 year old midfielder with 155 PL appearances to his name, so a free agent yet to reach his peak but with loads of experience. People moan we have no ambition when we sign free agents but it’s better signing a player of his experience level for nothing than spending about £7m on a player of similar experience as you can never expect a player to perform to their career statistics

I agree he would be a good signing from what I remember about him he is kinda of a more mobile version of Tom Trybull. 

Barnes has just been confirmed. Two year deal

Edited by HazzaJet

1 hour ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

In all seriousness though, Tuanzabe is on a free, we should be all over that 

He has been injured a lot ..he may be perfect 😂

10 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

PinkUn suggest some decent free transfers. Ryan Manning, Sam Ghoddos and Ollie Norwood would be quality additions. 

Ryan Manning would be excellent as a LB addition. 43 appearances for Swansea  with 15 goal contributions - scoring five and assisting 10. For goodness sake left Gian leave and get this guy in. Solid, reliable and contributes up front

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rock bus said:

I agree with this, not popular on here but I quite rate Gibson. Just seemed to have got into a bit of a spin with his confidence over last couple of seasons. Bit of a vicious circle - in/out of team/low confidence/makes a silly mistake/back out of the team....then repeat.

I think he should now be told that with Hanley out he is first choice CB and if he makes a mistake he wont be automatically dropped but given the chance to make amends in the next game.

Gibson has had plenty enough chances, after a few decent games he then always makes such basic errors which means that he has to be dropped. There are times he just totally switches off. He is not the answer going forward into next season.

Certainly wouldn’t say no to Manning or Norwood. Not very convinced with Ghoddos though, an attacking midfielder with just 3 goals and 2 assists in 40 Championship appearances. I’m very nervous about signing Tuanzebe though, as he has a very bad injury record 

1 hour ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

PinkUn suggest some decent free transfers. Ryan Manning, Sam Ghoddos and Ollie Norwood would be quality additions. 

Ryan Manning would be a great signing IMO, an upgrade at LB after this season.

Norwood is a quality player at this level but 32, no issue with him and/or Barnes but I wouldn’t want to see us go for many more in that age group.

Ghoddus I’m not convinced he’d be a massive improvement on what we have. If there’s one position we really need to get right and put the budget into it’s a creative midfielder IMO.

12 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

I would say there is a moral difference between simply getting money from the sale of a player who wants to move to a Russian club and Norwich City as a club investing in or receiving investment from Russia.

I take the point. But the money received is indirectly being invested by us. I get it’s not going to benefit the Russian club financially, but if Dimi contributed to a successful season and a team profiting as a result would that not be a conundrum? I’d sooner cut off Russian football completely from the other global leagues. 

I predict the usual.... anything decent out for a nominal sum and a bunch of lazy/unambitious sicknotes brought in with the expected delusional media fanfare.

Nothing to see here... as always under Smith and Jones.

15 hours ago, Monty13 said:

Ryan Manning would be a great signing IMO, an upgrade at LB after this season.

Norwood is a quality player at this level but 32, no issue with him and/or Barnes but I wouldn’t want to see us go for many more in that age group.

Ghoddus I’m not convinced he’d be a massive improvement on what we have. If there’s one position we really need to get right and put the budget into it’s a creative midfielder IMO.

I'd be shocked if nobody in the Premier League took a chance on Manning after the season he's had, especially for free. If we can get him snap him up though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nora's Ghost said:

I predict the usual.... anything decent out for a nominal sum and a bunch of lazy/unambitious sicknotes brought in with the expected delusional media fanfare.

Nothing to see here... as always under Smith and Jones.

I shouldn't really entertain an Ipswich fan but I presume you didn't follow our transfer windows in our last two title wins? They weren't that long ago. 2 and 4 years ago.

It was far more recent than...I don't know...the last time Ipswich beat us.

Will be happy to see the back of Dimi. Lightweight, inconsistent and clearly didn't really want to be here. Get a decent fee and try and grab Ryan Manning on a free.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1