cambridgeshire canary

**official lappinitup match thread Boro V Canaries**

Just now, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Well Sorenson isn't a CB so that's hardly surprising. Poor lad gets put everywhere and anywhere; don't think he's ever going to get a proper run at DM.

OTBC

Clearly not. Although Lungi himself thinks he's a capable CB. He said as much when he joined us!

Just now, TheGunnShow said:

Not really, whilst they only had one point in their last nine one defeat was a close one to Burnley, and they'd won three of the previous four before that. They were hardly out of form.

They haven’t even been particularly good tonight. Just taken their chances half of which we’ve created for them. We’ve had as many good chances just missed them. 

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

It does when the argument this season has been dropping Hanley to "see how we would look" and both his potential replacements have looked awful in their first game against a decent side having a go.

If you can find me anyone saying 'drop him for Sorenson' you might have a point.

Just now, TheBaldOne66 said:

Because we were in the top 6 till a week ago were we? 

You asked if our results this season have been better with McLean or without. 

The answer is our win % has been higher with McLean in the side every season he's been at the club, including this one.

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

They haven’t even been particularly good tonight. Just taken their chances half of which we’ve created for them. We’ve had as many good chances just missed them. 

Precisely, they've been clinical. We haven't. End of story.

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

It does when the argument this season has been dropping Hanley to "see how we would look" and both his potential replacements have looked awful in their first game against a decent side having a go.

No the two replacements haven't looked awful. What looks awful is the way we give the ball away further up the pitch which leads to overloads. We do it time and time again. Any defence would struggle in that scenario.

7 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

I'm sure Rob Butler still thinks the play offs are well and truly on and everything's going to plan 😂

Rob Butler is a lick ****

Just now, king canary said:

If you can find me anyone saying 'drop him for Sorenson' you might have a point.

Well no, because both his potential replacements have looked awful tonight.

Just now, lake district canary said:

No the two replacements haven't looked awful. What looks awful is the way we give the ball away further up the pitch which leads to overloads. We do it time and time again. Any defence would struggle in that scenario.

No, they've both made catastrophic decisions as CBs and stupidly been dragged out of position chasing the ball like u5s football.

• Like 1

Just now, hogesar said:

You asked if our results this season have been better with McLean or without. 

The answer is our win % has been higher with McLean in the side every season he's been at the club, including this one.

EVERY SEASON? Hmmm, really? 2 Premier League seasons he was in the side and didn’t do very well did he? 

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

We have been making defensive mistakes all season. None of them are any good.

They are decent enough players,’just don’t seem to play well as a team.  Some of our concessions this season have embarrassed a  schoolboy u12 side.

So while we are discussing the real reason we are losing, there is a tennis match going on about Hanley. Its not about Hanley or Sorenson. Its higher up than that. Forget the past seasons, its what we are doing now. And we are letting Luton, Millwall, Preston and soon Coventry that are outperforming us.

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

McGovern on in defence for Sorensen.

I mean can't do any worse

I'd put him on the wing for marquinhos.

Just now, TheBaldOne66 said:

EVERY SEASON? Hmmm, really? 2 Premier League seasons he was in the side and didn’t do very well did he? 

We done better than without him in the side. That is a fact. Look it up. I dont know why you're getting angry at me about facts.

7 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Well, that was under the assumption Sorensen could play CB.

He shouldn't be ****ing playing there. The Blackburn and Rotherham games proved where he is most effective, but the useless **** tried a repeat of Monday's cluster**** and as we're playing someone half decent we're getting smashed.

Clueless weapon stealing a salary because his mate is in a position of influence. Our club has become the ****ing Tory Party.

• Like 1

Just now, hogesar said:

Clearly not. Although Lungi himself thinks he's a capable CB. He said as much when he joined us!

Well he's not going to say, "I'm sh*t!" 

If we asked players for their honest opinions about their abilities in certain positions before we signed them, we'd never have bought Josh Sargent as a striker...

OTBC

Just now, hogesar said:

We done better than without him in the side. That is a fact. Look it up. I dont know why you're getting angry at me about facts.

No that’s not what you said is it? You stated the win percentage has been better every season which it hasn’t so it’s proof you don’t know what you are talking about 

Why are this squad not even trying to compete? Complete embarrassment . No pride. No integrity. No effort. The worst side we have put on the pitch in years. Dire.