Dean Coneys boots

I don’t care about the playoffs

This side is so bang average and lacking in creativity despite a fortune having been spent on them. That is what really bothers me- not the play offs. Because even if we got into them - we would not win them. And even if we did win them by some fluke - a season with this lot in the prem would be so painful as to be almost unwatchable.

Can’t believe how far we have slid as a club since dismantling our promotion side. Has any club ever spent as much so badly? 

4 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

This side is so bang average and lacking in creativity despite a fortune having been spent on them. That is what really bothers me- not the play offs. Because even if we got into them - we would not win them. And even if we did win them by some fluke - a season with this lot in the prem would be so painful as to be almost unwatchable.

Can’t believe how far we have slid as a club since dismantling our promotion side. Has any club ever spent as much so badly? 

We didn't actually spend much at all by modern Premier League standards, so yes, quite a few have done.

I do care, and would be great for us to get a run of form at this moment on.  Pukki scoring in his final match at Wembley would be the most incredible send off.

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 2

If it was someone like Watford in the playoffs you could half accept it....but the chances are we'll be watching the playoffs with a Millwall or even a Preston in them instead of us.

You may not care about them or think we're not good enough to go up but it would be pretty galling and bring home what a bad season its been seeing ordinary teams which we should have been finishing above, competing in them

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

I do care, and would be great for us to get a run of form at this moment on.  Pukki scoring in his final match at Wembley would be the most incredible send off.

All pigs fed and ready to fly. 

17 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

If it was someone like Watford in the playoffs you could half accept it....but the chances are we'll be watching the playoffs with a Millwall or even a Preston in them instead of us.

You may not care about them or think we're not good enough to go up but it would be pretty galling and bring home what a bad season its been seeing ordinary teams which we should have been finishing above, competing in them

This.

1 minute ago, percy varco said:

All pigs fed and ready to fly. 

Yeah, if anyone, it will be Idah.

Having been put through on goal by Tzolis.

After Hayden has just won the ball in midfield.

Following Byram's stunning goal line clearance.

25 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

We should be finishing above them given the foundations we put in place, but not this team.   They aren’t any better than this league position.     

If we went up we would be cementing the claim that we are wasting a place in the Prem. Let Millwall or Preston - or especially Luton, have their time in the Big Boys' League. Let them realise that it isn't all it's cracked up to be.

• Like 2

If we made the playoffs I don't think we'd make the final anyway, we've been unable to string 3 good performances together all season. 

59 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Yep, 

Fair play if it was Burnley, Sheff Utd, Boro, WBA and Watford

But it's Millwall, Luton, Coventry, Blackburn and Preston,

So disappointing.

1 hour ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

This has been the most wide open (bar Burnley) and bang average Championship I can remember for a long while, the fact that in that environment we can’t even make the top 6 currently is really poor.

Even an underperforming Norwich should have been enough to comfortably secure at least a playoff place this season. It’s been a remarkably poor campaign.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Has any club ever spent as much so badly? 

I think a few Chelsea fans might give you an answer to that one 😉

7 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Webber has a lot to answer for these last two seasons transfer windows.

Exactly, he is the one accountable for the recruiting and he didn’t replace the two most crucial players Emi and Skipp - he overloaded the squad with unproven wingers who had failed in Germany or took another punt on crocked players - it works a few times but not continuously as we have found out.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Despite wholeheartedly agreeing with you, nobody is taking that £600m crown from Chelsea.

8 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

. Has any club ever spent as much so badly? 

United gave Pogba away for nothing, resigned him for 90million then gave him away for nothing again. 

I do agree with your post in general though.

I really don't get not wanting to make the play-offs/PL. How can we criticise the players for not fighting and giving their all if we do the same as supporters?

7 hours ago, Monty13 said:

This has been the most wide open (bar Burnley) and bang average Championship I can remember for a long while, the fact that in that environment we can’t even make the top 6 currently is really poor.

Even an underperforming Norwich should have been enough to comfortably secure at least a playoff place this season. It’s been a remarkably poor campaign.

Indeed....failure to make top 6 in this dreadful league is an offence which Webber should be sacked / offer his resignation

It will only be harder next season when we see the sort of clubs who could come down 

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Reaching the play off final is worth a huge amount of money even if you lose. 

It is indeed but i don't trust Webber with a single penny of it based on the last four transfer windows since promotion last time.

Not wanting us to get promoted is utterly ridiculous. I understand why but come on. If we go up we get a cash injection, a Wembley day experience and a good chance to finish 17th in the Prem, thus keeping us up. It's doable.

This seasons football at CR has been mediocre   at best

To think Luton were in the Conference a few years back to be in the playoffs is frustrating 

Most disappointing is we don’t appear to have anyone coming through the Academy and no money to change things

Looks a long road ahead 

5 hours ago, Unhinged Canary said:

Despite wholeheartedly agreeing with you, nobody is taking that £600m crown from Chelsea.

Forest run them pretty close.  But definitely Chelsea.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CDMullins said:

Yep, 

Fair play if it was Burnley, Sheff Utd, Boro, WBA and Watford

But it's Millwall, Luton, Coventry, Blackburn and Preston,

So disappointing.

Take your overall point.  It has been a disappointing season in a mostly very average division. But WBA and Watford would swap places with us now and we still have a decent chance of making the playoffs.

8 minutes ago, Barham Blitz said:

Take your overall point.  It has been a disappointing season in a mostly very average division. But WBA and Watford would swap places with us now and we still have a decent chance of making the playoffs.

We'd also swap places with Luton,

Which is depressing.

• Haha 1

Took a leap of faith that we'll not make it to Wembley and booked a week in Cornwall over the playoff final weekend.  Yesterday confirmed that I'm pretty certain that I've made the correct decision!

• Like 1