chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Shef Utd (H/L) ****

May be an image of 1 person and text that says "NORWICH CITYv SHEFFIELD UNITED SAT SATURDAY APRIL (3PM) CARROW ROAD LOTUS sky bet CHAMPIONSHIP LOTUS Joma фC"
May be an image of map and text that says "GLOBAL KICK-OFF Toronto 10:00 Helsinki 17:00 Norwich 15:00 NORWICH CITY SHEFFIELD UNITED Berlin 16:00 Tampa Bay 10:00 Los Angeles 07:00 Beijing 22:00 Athens 17:00 Abu Dhabi 18:00 Rio ÛJ De Janeiro 11:00 Seoul 23:00 Hong Kong 22:00 Bangkok 21:00 TAMPA BAY FLORIDA Santiago 11:00 Sydney 01:00 Harare 16:00"
May be an image of stadium and outdoorsimage.thumb.png.f8315935164cfbd195e8fb626c0e9d94.png

Videos:

More coming...

Edited by chicken
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

That formation hasn't convinced us too much recently.

I hope we're proved wrong but I think it's square pegs in round holes 

3 minutes ago, overthebordercanary said:

Also missed the press conference is nunez injured 

He didn't mention that no

I assume he's tired after getting back from Chile and is being rested?

It's a very brave team selection - no one can accuse Wagner of not going for it. Our three strikers all start, with a winger and an attacking CM. If we score first we have a chance; if we don't we could get mullered.

On a different point, that Sheffield Utd line up isn't at all scary - if they do go up, they will have as much chance as us of staying up i.e. none.

10 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

One day we wil have a manger who learns Sargent and Idah are not wingers. One day..

So what are they? Sargent can play upfront and nowhere else. Play him alone upfront, lump it up and hope that he can cause enough panic to fluke a goal because there's no way he's going to suddenly find out how to trap or control or pass a football, or work alongside someone who's as smart as Pukki. Yet further down the football brain ranking, Idah may one day manage to comprehend the offside rule but after at least five years of professional experience he doesn't seem to have managed it yet. Never mind, apparently he's full of potential.

I hope I am going to look stupid at five o'clock, but this set-up has destroyed any confidence I had of a result today.

• Like 1

Presume we will be continuing the experiment to somehow make Aarons the surprise solution to everything. I imagine he will invert into the midfield as I cannot comprehend playing 2 in midfield against a team like Sheff Utd and expect to do well.

As ever, the question that we will need to answer is: how are we intending to knit the play to the forwards? 

6 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

It's a very brave team selection - no one can accuse Wagner of not going for it. Our three strikers all start, with a winger and an attacking CM. If we score first we have a chance; if we don't we could get mullered.

On a different point, that Sheffield Utd line up isn't at all scary - if they do go up, they will have as much chance as us of staying up i.e. none.

An attacking line-up is always appealing before the game starts.

Once the game is underway and the opposition start carving through our midfield like a knife through butter, it's not so good.

I'd prefer Gibbs to Idah. 

• Like 1

Sander Berge is the guy I worry about the most. In the middle for Sheffield and he's a huge, solid brick wall of a man. Will no doubt boss the midfield and bully everyone of our players if we give him the chance

Virtually an old fashioned 4-2-4 line up. I suppose with Arrons and Giannoulis playing ad wing backs, we're going to be more like a 2-4-4 !!  

Attacking, but up to now using Sargent/Idah and Pukki up front, hasn't worked. Hernandez was the key to the team....need Marquinhos to have a good game......

So with all these forwards on the pitch, who is actually going to get on the ball and create chances for them? 

8 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Sander Berge is the guy I worry about the most. In the middle for Sheffield and he's a huge, solid brick wall of a man. Will no doubt boss the midfield and bully everyone of our players if we give him the chance

CC: most Blades fans have lost patience with him. Everything you say sounds good and you would expect it of him. But he just doesn't try! If you think Idah gets a hard time, you should read the stick Berge gets! 

Listening to radio Norfolk. 

"Relegated to the Premier League" was just quoted if we go up. 

That about sums up the football world for me.  

6 minutes ago, Conrad said:

So with all these forwards on the pitch, who is actually going to get on the ball and create chances for them? 

Sadly, Hernandez, Dowell and Nunez are all injured. So not much choice for Wagner.

Fairly damning for Tzolis that he can only make the subs bench with all those players out.